She's With The Band

Chapter 12;

“Imelda Quinton, you are my fucking hero!” Jack announced when the boys retreated from the stage after their set. High fives were clapped, hugs were distributed and kisses were exchanged. Between Alex and Imelda, that is.

Jack turned away quickly from their public display of affection. He was annoyed with Alex for not understanding how perfect Imelda was for him. It had been less than twenty-four hours and already Jack was worshipping the ground she walked on. Imelda had an intoxicating air of confidence about her that made him dizzy whenever she was around. He wanted nothing more than to grab her by her bony white hips and kiss her as hard as he could. But that would only start everything over again.

Lisa Ruocco had almost ruined All Time Low. Jack had met her freshman year at his guitar lessons. She had been taking lessons at the same place at the same time. Every week Jack would sprint from his mother’s car to the lobby doors to see her. She was the most beautiful girl Jack had ever seen at the time and the smiles she gave him suggested she didn’t exactly hate him either. One day, he grew the balls to ask her to the movies. She immediately accepted and began a whirlwind relationship with Jack Barakat. Those were some of the happiest times of Jack’s life and now some of the worst memories.

Lisa Ruocco stabbed Jack Barakat with a rusty dagger. Right in the chest. It was sophomore year and they had just lost their virginity to each other. Jack couldn’t have been happier. He was back from a tour over a long weekend and was riding his bike to Lisa’s house to surprise her. He climbed up the arbor leading to her window and knocked. The curtains rustled and there were audible curse words heard from the room.

Lisa’s silky blonde hair peeped out from behind her shades along with her gleaming hazel eyes. They were wide with shock and guilt. She cranked open the window and allowed Jack inside. When he entered the room, Jack did nothing but stare at the corner, where Alex was cowering with a sheet around his body. He was quivering with wide eyes and searching for words in Lisa’s Avenged Sevenfold poster.

When Jack looked back at Lisa, he saw she was crying hysterically and pulling on her clothes. Jack gazed around the fume-filled room with an emotionless face. He noticed her lacy green bra hanging from the lamp and handed it to her.

“I think this is yours,” he choked.

“Jack I’m so sorry!” she squeaked through endless fat tears, “It just happened! We were jus-“

“This doesn’t just happen, Lees,” Alex stated plainly from his spot under Lisa’s splatter-painted vanity. All traces of his former fright were gone. He stood up and sat next to the couple on the bed and put his arm around Lisa’s waist. She stared at him in shock with a tangible sense of affection.

“I love her, Jack. And she loves me. And we are really, really sorry that we hurt you. You don’t know how sorry we are. You really don’t. But the fact is that we aren’t sorry about what we just did. And we’re gonna keep doing it.”

Jack just stared some more. His breathing got really heavy and he started to sweat a lot. His dark eyes got cloudy and he stood up, ready to climb back out the window and cry alone on the safety of his bike. Lisa grabbed his arm before he dropped back onto the arbor.

He reluctantly looked up at her rosy, splotchy face. “I’m sorry!” she gasped again.

Jack let out a deep sob and shook her off. When he made his way to the ground, he immediately leapt onto his bike and hightailed it back home for one of the hardest nights of his life to endure.

The next two weeks were spent with Alex throwing himself after his best friend in order to apologize for his actions, but Jack wanted no part of him. Until one day, Alex cornered him after third period algebra two.

“I thought you loved her. Just let her fucking go!”

At that moment, Jack realized how right Alex was. Lisa, with her whore-ish, cheating self was not worth this. Jack was better than this. Very rarely was he ever serious in any sense, but Jack Bassam Barakat knew now that he deserved more than what Lisa had ever given him. He deserved a girl like Imelda.

And that was exactly why he couldn’t have her. She was exactly the reason that he couldn’t end the band. Because that would throw them all the way back to sophomore year. Back to page one. And he would not fucking do that.