She's With The Band

Chapter 15;

Jack and Imelda.

Imelda and Jack.

ILQ JBB.

God, it just sounds so good, Imelda thought to herself. Nearly an hour after they stopped for gas, Imelda and Jack slinked back to the bus with more coffee, hand in hand with big, goofy smiles plastered across their love-struck faces. Everyone was still fast asleep- Matt and Alex were cuddling in the back row, Grieco, Danny and Nano were squished into the middle, Zack and Rian were near the front and Evan was on the floor. Imelda went to sit in the driver’s seat, but Jack grabbed her arm.

“Do we have to?” he whined, pressing his lips to her forehead. Imelda hugged him back, throwing her arms around his neck. She pulled away in order to step into the van. Jack grabbed her again.

“What?” she groaned, “When did you get so needy?”

Jack shrugged and reached into her hoodie pocket. “I’m driving!” he cried, jumping into the car with the keys he had just stolen and motioning for Imelda to join him on the passenger’s side. She pouted and sat on the hood of the van, staring through at Jack who started up the engine. He put the van in drive and went to stomp on the gas when Imelda shrieked and hopped into the passenger’s seat.

“Don’t do that again,” she insisted. Jack smirked and drove them to the venue. When they arrived at the massive amphitheater, Imelda slinked into the back of the van and kissed Alex’s forehead. His chocolate eyes popped open and he removed his arms from around his tour manager, making a nasty face.

“Morning, angel,” she sighed, plopping down on his lap.

“Hello. We need to talk,” he stated plainly. There was no hurt in his eyes, no shock, just a need.

Jack watched as they snuck off the van and tucked themselves behind Forever the Sickest Kids’ trailer. He tried to ignore their hushed whispering and the excited tugging in his stomach.

Late last night, after his dream, Jack had abandoned his idea of leaving Imelda and Alex alone. He couldn’t do that to himself again. As previously stated, Jack was sick of losing. He wanted to love and be loved. He wanted Imelda so desperately. He wouldn’t be taking Imelda from Alex- not technically. Alex never had Imelda in the first place. He was almost using her, but she knew it. And she was totally ok with it. But Jack wanted more.

The rest of the band and crew climbed out of the van and went off in search of food. After a few more agonizing minutes of waiting, Jack stomped his foot on the ground impatiently and stalked off to find the Maine’s van. When Jack arrived, John Oh was stretched out on the ground with a cup of Starbuck’s and his phone in his lap. Kennedy was on the phone, Garrett was throwing a tennis ball against the side of their trailer and Pat and Jared were nowhere to be found.

“Sup, fuckers?” Jack sighed as he approached the group. John looked up, his fake Ray Bans sliding down his nose.

“Hello Jackson,” he greeted drowsily. Jack jumped onto the bumper of the van and stared down at his feet. The band noticed he was surprisingly quiet- not the usual Jack who would’ve been attacking them relentlessly at this hour of the morning.

“What’s up your ass, Barakat?” Kennedy asked as he snapped his black Razr shut. Jack’s head snapped up and he looked around at the curious boys. He shook his head.

“Hmm? Nothing. No, I was just driving all night. Damn tour manager cannot stay awake for his life.”

A few yards away, giggling and laughing was heard from behind the FTSK trailer. Jack craned his neck over to look at the gleeful couple who stumbled away, chuckling and talking with their arms linked. Jack stared at the retreating figures of a tall, willowy girl with elbow-length platinum hair and a gangly guy wearing a plain t-shirt and mesh basketball shorts with a tell tale black beanie sitting atop his two-toned hair.

John looked between the couple and Jack and frowned. “Who is she?” he whispered.

Jack shook his head and went back to staring at his feet. “She’s everything.”