She's With The Band

Chapter 17;

Jack felt a million cliché emotions flood through him when he saw Imelda and Alex walk out from behind the FTSK trailer. As usual, he felt a strange jolt whenever he saw Imelda and her silky platinum hair that bounced around her midsection. But when he noticed Alex’s arm linked with hers, he fought to keep his face from twisting into disappointment. He turned around and clenched his hands into fists inside his hoodie pocket. After a few more moments, he lost it completely and kicked the tire as hard as he could.

Kennedy grabbed Jack’s shoulder and turned him around. “Jack, come on. Just go talk to her.”

Jack nodded and ran off in the direction of the retreating couple. When he reached the van, Alex had walked off to receive a phone call and Imelda was quietly climbing into the backseat to join the rest of the band. Jack grabbed her elbow and pulled her around, slamming her into his chest.

“Can I help you?” she laughed as Jack tightened his arms around her waist. She stared up into his dark eyes and he returned the favor. Slowly but surely, Jack lowered his quivering lips to Imelda’s. He captured her in the most passionate, perfect kiss that either of them had ever received. When he pulled away, Imelda just grabbed the back of his neck and pulled him back in again.

“Uh uh, I need a little bit more,” she mumbled against his lips. Jack happily obliged, pulling Imelda’s hand away from the door handle and guiding it to his shoulder. His hands slinked around her hips and held her tight against him. Imelda slowly slipped her tongue into his mouth and Jack squeezed her back tightly, causing Imelda to giggle and pull away.

“So what was that with Alex?” Jack asked quietly as he straightened out his hoodie.

“We were discussing how in love with Hayley he is and how smitten I am with you,” Imelda replied without missing a beat. Jack grinned and high fived her.

“Really, gurrrrrl?” he giggled in a nasally voice.

“Yeah, boiiiii!” Imelda answered in a perfect imitation of him. Jack just laughed and waved excitedly at someone behind Imelda. She turned and grinned at Alex who had a smug smirk splattered across his scruffy face as he approached the van.

“Let’s not give Mel any STDs until at least August, huh Jack?” Alex suggested, tossing his arm around Imelda’s shoulder.

“Damn. Ah well, absence makes the heart grow fonder, right Mellon?” Jack laughed, poking Imelda’s pale cheek as she rolled her eyes.

“You read my mind, Jack Attack.”

Jack looked down at me and smiled. “Jack Attack. I like that,” he mused.

“You’ve never been called Jack Attack before? I call my cousin that all the time.”

“Is his name Jack?” he asked.

Imelda rolled her eyes and poked his stomach. “No, it’s Walter,” she muttered sarcastically. Jack frowned.

“Why would you call him Jac-“ Alex cut him off.

“Shut up. It’s way too early for your stupidity. Imelda, go find coffee,” Alex demanded before going back to sit in the bus. He slammed the door for emphasis on his annoyance and Jack shrugged.

“I’ll come with you! It’ll be like an adventure! Jack Attack and Mellon unite!” he cried, throwing himself into a superhero stance. Imelda mimicked it before they ran off toward the booths in search of a caffeine source.

Alex had hung up the phone after chickening out on breaking things off with Lisa yet again to see Imelda and Jack making out against the side of the van. Initially, he made a face, disturbed by the obvious affection displayed by his best friend and merch girl as they shoved their tongues down each other’s throats. But when he watched them pull apart and stare at each other in complete bliss and awe, Alex smiled.

That’s exactly what he needed. Alex was determined to talk to Hayley within the week. He had to grow the balls to confront her after their unintentional one-night stand. He couldn’t leave it to fate any longer.

After watching the couple interact for a few more moments, he walked into the vision line of Jack and ordered them off to retrieve the coffee, wincing as he watched the gleeful couple skip off toward the booths.