She's With The Band

Chapter 22;

Imelda turned from her spot at the merch booth where she tacked up her last hoodie only to run straight into Matt.

“Where’s the fire, Mellon?” he asked, inspecting her work.

“Mae just texted me. Everybody’s here,” Imelda squealed, throwing her arms around him with excitement. Matt mimicked her and clapped his hands together.

“Are the boys like, totally hawt?” he giggled. Imelda rolled her eyes.

“James is too shallow not to have good looking friends,” she muttered. Matt shrugged.

“He’s friends with you, though…” Before Imelda could react, Matt ran straight toward the stage. Imelda threw her stapler done and sprinted after him, an easy feat when you have long legs.

“Imelda?” someone called. Imelda stopped laughing and slowly turned. She would recognize that voice anywhere.

The purple hoodie was a telltale sign. Imelda’s stomach floated up into her throat and she felt her feet start to go numb.

“Hola, precioso,” Gabe whispered, stepping away from the Starbuck’s table. He was still tall, still very dark and still incredibly handsome. Imelda’s breath caught in her throat as she let out a sharp sob. Her eyes watered a bit as she launched herself at Gabe Saporta.

“Shh, mi nina, my baby… shh…” he comforted her in his long arms and kissed wherever he could reach on her white hair. She squeezed him into the tightest hug he had ever received as tears poured down her face without care. She was shaking she was crying so hard.

“I th-thought I’d nevvvver see you ag-again!” Imelda gasped out when she pulled her head out of his chest. Gabe’s eyes also began to fill as he stared down into her angel’s face. He stroked her face gently while he examined her. Leaving his precious, perfect Imelda was the biggest mistake he had ever made, but it was something that couldn’t be undone after it was completed. He stared straight into her dark eyes, filled with hope and shock.

“I swear to God I’ll never leave you, bonita. I swear,” he promised, dragging her back into an affectionate hug. Imelda sobbed more into his neon chest until she was yanked away. She looked behind her to see Rian fuming, ready to throw a punch.

“Gabe, what the fuck?” he yelled. Gabe looked startled until Imelda interrupted by grabbing at Rian’s shoulders.

“No, it’s ok. I know him,” she whispered hoarsely. Rian looked down at her, his arm securely around her waist.

“You? Know him? How?”

“Long story, let’s go find Jack.”

Rian rolled his eyes. “Always out of the loop,” he sighed. Imelda giggled as she swung hers and Gabe’s interlaced hands back and forth. Rian visibly stiffened and glared at Gabe, who turned back to Imelda and continued to study her.

When Imelda’s eyes met Gabe’s once more, more tears of joy started to flow down her face. When he left her, he took pieces of her heart along with him in the most cliché way possibly. Now that he was seemingly back in her life, there was nothing left for her to worry about. He was the only piece missing.