She's With The Band

Chapter 3;

Nearly an hour and fifteen minutes later, James Deveraux parked his car in the barren lot outside of Camden Yards. A big white van was stationed in the very center with all its doors open. Imelda immediately recognized the band members- Rian Dawson was chasing Zack Merrick around the van holding a large plastic baguette, Jack Barakat was sitting on the roof, eating a sandwich and Alex Gaskarth was about fifty feet to the left of the band, lying on the asphalt and plucking at a mahogany acoustic guitar.

“H-hey, merch bitch!” Matt Flyzik announced happily, coming around from the back of the van.

“Howzit?” Imelda greeted them excitedly. James just stood leaning against the back of his Jeep, looking sullen. Jack immediately threw the remainder of his sandwich as far as he could across the lot and launched himself off the roof. He hurtled dangerously toward Imelda, who dropped her backpack in preparation for Jack’s full frontal attack.

“Estrogen!” he hollered as he barreled into her.

“Testosterone!” she screamed, wrapping herself around him as if they were old friends. After a moment, they pulled apart with big smiles.

“I’m Jack,” he whispered, sticking his hand out to her.

She returned the immature, goofy tone in his voice. “I’m Imelda.”

“You sound like you’re from Harry Potter,” he commented with interest.

“You sound like you’re from the Incredibles.”

Jack laughed and wrapped an arm around her tiny shoulders. He was shocked to notice that Imelda was only a few inches shorter than his six foot three frame.

“How tall are you?”

“About five eleven. And yourself?”

“Six three. Jesus. You’re tall!” Jack exclaimed, adjusting the black and white Orioles hat on his black and blonde streaked hair.

“Why thank you. It makes up for my lack of tits,” she replied, shaking her white blonde hair back.

Jack stopped and stared at her with a screwed up face. Imelda imitated him and Jack snickered. “I like this one.”

“Good, cause we’re stuck with her for all of Warped Tour,” Matt sighed, closing the trailer after putting my bags inside, “We’re trying to air out the bus as much as we can. It’s pretty noxious at this point.”

Imelda nodded and looked around for James. “What are you doing? Come say hi!” she called when she noticed him sulking against the side of his Jeep. He stayed put for a minute until Imelda put her hands on her hips and began tapping her flip-flopped foot impatiently. He shoved his large, muscular body off the car and stuck his hands in his mesh pockets as he shuffled toward the van.

“This is James Charles Thomas Edward Deveraux the fourth. Jamie, this is the band,” Imelda introduced, linking her arm through his. He pursed his lips and shook out a weak wave.

Alex had lifted himself from the pavement and was slinking over to meet the new merch girl. He stared intently at the girl before him, although her “James” had definitely noticed his interest and was tightening his arm around her.

Imelda Quinton’s waist-long hair was nearly white. It tumbled down her back in thick choppy layers. It was pulled back in a half ponytail that swished back and forth excitedly. When she removed her sunglasses, a pair of dark eyes appeared. They were so dark brown that one could hardly notice the pupils. Her skin was also a light porcelain color with the slightest olive tint, much like Jack’s.

Her wardrobe easily fit in with the rest of the band- zebra striped fake Ray Bans, black and white wifebeater over a similar red one, baggy purple skinny jeans that were held up far below her hips by a studded black belt, black silky boxers and Union Jack high top Chuck Taylors.

Alex showcased his infamous half smirk as he hugged her. “Hey. I’m Alex.”

“Imelda. What’s up, man?”

He nodded appreciatively and turned his attention to her bodyguard who looked considerably uncomfortable. He was huge, six-six or six-seven. He had thick muscles rippling around his tanned arms and under his red AFI shirt. He was a very good looking guy, his soft black hair covered by a red Nationals hat and his hazel eyes burning through Alex’s golden brown ones.

Alex immediately backed off but kept his eyes on Imelda. Zack, Rian, Matt, Grieco, Danny, Nano, Vinny and Evan gathered to greet them.

“Ok. So Imelda, this is Grieco, completely useless guitar tech and assistant tour manager. Danny is a useFUL guitar tech, Evan is a sound guy, Vinny’s on merch with you and Nano’s our manager,” Rian explained, pointing to each guy.

“Cool. I’m Imelda Quinton. Certified merch bitch!” She high fived with Vinny and giggled. She had a beautiful laugh.

“Honey, I have to get back for practice. Call me when you get to Pomona?” James murmured, sliding his arm out of Imelda’s. Damnit, Alex thought, this big hunk of muscle’s her boyfriend.

“Ok. Don’t forget your dick cup!” she giggled before kissing his cheek and turning back to the band.

“So you’ve eaten?” Zack asked as the band and crew sat on the ground. Imelda nodded and slid her sunglasses higher.

“Yessir,” she replied in a nasally voice. Jesus, she’s just like Jack.

Jack snickered and blushed down at his feet. Imelda lay back on the pavement and kicked her feet back and forth. Zack shifted uncomfortably and looked for his phone. Rian stood up to receive a call from his girlfriend Kara and Alex just sat there with his guitar watching all of it. The rest of the crew had stood up to get the van ready to go while the band and Imelda just slumped on the ground.

Imelda reached for her phone in her back pocket and stood up to take a call. Alex and Jack listened with interest.

“Hey luscious. Yeah, I’m with them. It’s only a matter of time,” she laughed, “Ok. I will. Later. Yes! Ugh, fine!” she groaned and pulled the phone from her ear.

“My best friend Phoenix wants me to tell you that she wants to suck your dicks!” she called back to them. Shouting could be heard from the phone. Imelda laughed maniacally.

“Ok. Fine. She goes by Mae!” more shouting came, "and she still wants to suck your dicks."

Alex and Jack looked at each other and shrugged as Imelda hung up the phone. She skipped back and squished herself in between them.