She's With The Band

Chapter 9;

Imelda pulled back and widened her huge dark eyes. Alex pulled her closer and kissed her once more and Imelda pulled away again immediately.

“Alex, one of your fan girls is going to shoot me if they see this,” she giggled as he placed kisses on her cheeks. She only pulled him tighter against her.

“Stop!” she groaned, leaning her face into the crook of his neck.

He laughed. “You keep saying that and you keep pulling me closer.”

Imelda rolled her eyes and brushed hair out of his face. “Fine. Then we’ll stay like this. But if I have my tits sliced off by your angry super fans, I will make you so sorry. I promise you that.”

Alex puffed out his chest and grinned. “I can protect you.”

Imelda chuckled and stood up, walking toward the stage. “Well then, Superman, we have a lot of work to do. Let’s go set up for the set.”

“Superman. I do like that nickname.”

Imelda and Alex strolled to the set with darker cheeks and big goofy smiles. When the arrived, the found Zack pounding away at Rian’s drums and Rian was once again calling Kara. Jack was helping Matt drag amps from one side of the stage to the other.

“What can I do?” Imelda called.

Jack looked up and saw Alex swinging Imelda’s hand back and forth and had the sudden urge to blow chunks over the side of the stage. Matt groaned.

“Jesus. It’s been one day. If this ends badly, which is obvious, we’ll be out of a merch girl.”

Evan, who was helping set the guitars up, rolled his eyes. “Tell me this isn’t a fucking surprise.”

“I’m surprised…” Jack muttered. Evan and Matt looked at him strangely.

“This girl was a super fan. Every last one of our super fans is in love with him. Put two and two together, Jack,” Zack sighed.

Jack ignored them and sat on the edge of the stage, sipping a XXX Vitamin Water. Imelda jumped up next to him and stole a sip of his drink.

“Hello, lover,” she giggled.

“Sup, Mellon. You ready for the hoards?”

“So ready. I can take them bitches down!”

“I have no doubt,” he chuckled, throwing an arm around her shoulder.

Imelda’s eyes were securely fixed on Alex, who was helping Evan with the mics. Jack was watching Imelda with sad eyes and plucking at a hole in his tight jeans. Rian and Zack were watching Jack in confusion and Matt was looking over the entire scene with a smug look.

Cue the pitch forks. Ladies, we have a new Yoko Ono in town.

Imelda blissfully sat back in her chair and pulled her sunglasses back over her glassy brown eyes. She felt two hands on her shoulders and grinned.

“Knock knock…” a deep voice murmured. Imelda’s expression flipped from excitement of seeing Alex to shock. She spun around and glared at the tall figure of Paul DiGiovanni.

“Who’s there?” she whispered back.

“Me. Name’s Paul. I’m from Boys Like Girls. You must be the Merch Bitch of the Year!” he announced, propping his skinny ass on the counter.

“But I also go by Imelda. Don’t you have a set to play?” she growled, not appreciating the hungry look Paul was giving her.

“You aren’t going to watch?” he gasped, mocking offended.

“I have merch to sell.”

“Well, mi’lady, I’ll be off then. Have a wonderful day!” he called as he strutted away.

Imelda smirked after him and turned to deal with the flocks of irritated and sweaty teenage girls as the doors opened for the day.