Status: This story is on hiatus for x amount of time.

The Cold September

001

The autumn weather was cold, ice cold. Although it was only September, people were seen in the streets, hunching underneath layers of scarves, thick jackets, warm caps and mittens. The few patches of bare skin on their bodies were pink. There was a small layer of snow on the ground.
Alice and Oscar were walking down the streets next to each other. They weren’t holding hands, which would mean they had to take their hands out of their pockets. “I hate this weather,” Alice muttered. “I mean, it’s September. There should be sun out and leafs falling from trees, not snow.”
Oscar shrugged. “Yeah,” he said. “It’s really cold.”
Alice rolled her eyes. “Why are you always so apathetic?”
Oscar looked at her, eyeing her suspiciously. “What?” Alice said innocently. “It’s on my word of the day calendar.”
“And you were just waiting to use it, right?” he said, smirking slightly.
Alice smiled. She had bugged him every day of the year, by bringing in weird words in the conversation, making her look like she read thesauruses for fun. He was not planning on buying her a new one for 2010. Most likely, she would have bought one herself already.
“I wonder what’s going on with the world,” she muttered, ridding herself of the smile. “Everyone’s so stressed out.”
“Yeah,” Oscar said. “It’s creepy how people tend to get stressed by having to send their kids to school again and starting work.”
Alice rolled her eyes again. There was that apathy again.

“Mick!” a voice shouted over the green meadows. “Where are you?”
Mick walked over, rather, he floated over, and said, annoyed, “I’m right here, Alex.”
Alex looked just as annoyed. “You weren’t there a second ago.”
“Is there any reason for you calling me?” Mick’s powerful voice roaming the place, reminding everyone that he was in control.
“Yes, obviously,” Alex said. “No one would call you without a reason. There are problems on earth. Big ones.”
Mick sighed. “Yes,” he said, “I know. There’s no way around it. We have to do something soon.”
“You’re very right, we are.”
Alex constantly annoyed himself over not being able to swear. If he had it his way, he would be saying damn right. That sounded so much better, but a certain person would have him working by the lily pond if he heard cursing, and the lily pond was not a desirable place to be.
“Have you got any idea,” Alex said, “What He has said about the situation?”
Mick turned his head heavily. “No. In fact, He wouldn’t say anything. Told us that this was a good time to try out our new skills.”
Alex sighed. That man was unbelievable. Every situation had to be used for something good, right? Even if that meant they would have to solve this dilemma by themselves.
And that was in fact what it meant.
♠ ♠ ♠
Can you figure out who, or rather what, Alex and Mick is? And who the He they're constantly talking about?:)
Comments are greatly appreciated.