Status: This story is on hiatus for x amount of time.

The Cold September

004

“Hello,” said the two merry men in unison, as the owner of the house opened the door in front of them. The man, who looked like he needed a bad shave, looked at them, suspicion gleaming in his eyes. “Are you mormons?” he asked.
“No,” one of the men answered straightly.
“Jehovas Witnesses?” the man continued, still skeptical.
“No, oh no, dear friend,” the only of the two who could correctly be called merry, said. “We’re simply here to tell you about an amazing event.”
The man looked like he wanted to bang the door back in their faces, but for some reason, he kept standing there. “Next week, my friend,” the merry man continued, “You will be blessed with the greatest thing of all time! You’ll be invited to a heavenly gathering…” the other man pushed him in his side. “Will you stop with the exaggerations, huh?”
The man in the doorway looked absolutely bewildered. He finally got the power to close the door, and the two men walked away, with no indications of disappointment from the rejection. “You’re not normal, you know that?” the man who was not so merry said.
“Well,” the other man answered with a grin, “Neither are you, thank God.”
“Marvis,” said the grumpy man. “Why couldn’t you just have told him the truth?”
“Whatever for, Larce?” answered the man named Marvis. “Just so he could be scared shitless the entire next week? I think not.”
Larce shook his head. He wasn’t going anywhere with that man.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, this was a MINI chapter, because I had a chapter that was really long that I wanted to split up... and here's the result:S Whaddya think?:)
Larce is a seriously awesome name.