Drive Me Crazy

Chapter 2; Oh man..

Friday morning. The sun was shining bright, too bright. I was going down the sidewalk lost in my own thoughts as I listened to music on my iPod. Suddenly he rolled up next to me with his BMX. I sighed and took off my headphones.
“What do you want?”
“Neither of us wants to make that essay together, but neither of us wants to fail...am I right?” he asked, not looking at me.
“Yeah” I answered.
“So…?” he continued and waited for an answer. I sighted and stopped quickly grabbing the handlebars on his BMX making him stop too.
“Fine, be at my house after school. We’ll fix that fucking essay and neither of us is getting failed, alright?”
“Alright, now let go of my bike. I don’t want to be late for school” he answered and so I did.

This day was like every other day at school. People giving me weird looks, teachers telling me I need to pull myself together now during the last year so I could graduate.

But the only different this day; Dickhead was coming over to my house. Hooray!

So right after school I was going home alone, thank god. But as soon as I had settled down on my bed the doorbell rang. I heard my mom open the door.
“Oh hi Quinn! Come in, Samantha’s upstairs” she said with a happy voice, she’d always liked him.
“Hi Mrs. Waters, thank you” he answered and I sighed as I heard each step he took in the stair before he knocked on my door, which was already open.

“Come in?” I said and he did. He sat down on the floor and looked around, he was wearing a black Thursday t-shirt and baggy blue jeans. Finally something that didn’t make him look too weird.
“So, what band shall we write about?” I asked.
“I don’t know, what do you like?” he asked, studying the acoustic guitar in the corner of my room. “When did you start to play guitar?” he continued. I knew he was going to ask it.
“I don’t, I just…my mom gave it to me” I lied, why would I tell him the truth anyways? He nodded.
“So, what about Ramones?” he asked.
“Yeah, sounds good to me” I answered.

Suddenly my mom entered the room.
“I got a call from my boss, my job is going on a business trip” she said and looked at us.
“But, that means my dad is going too” Quinn said.
Oh god, I forgot they work at the same place.
“Yes, that’s right. I just talked with your dad on the phone, and we’ve decided you’re both staying in this house during the week”
“A whole week!? Are you kidding me?” I sat up straight on the bed.
“I am not kidding, Sam. We don’t want any of you to stay home all alone, so this is the best solution” she answered and left the room.
I fell back on the bed and let out a big groan, and then I looked at Quinn.
“I’m not too happy about it either, you know” he said and gave me a fake smile. I rolled my eyes, got up from the bed and hurried downstairs.

“Come on, a week?”
“Yes, Sam. It’s a week and I know you’ll be doing fine, you both will” she looked at me and stroked her hand on my cheek. Why couldn’t I just lie down on the floor and cry like a baby so she’d stay? Well, because I’m 17 years old and I don’t cry.
I haven’t been crying since dad left us.
“We’re leaving tonight” she continued.
What was this? Make-Sam’s-life-a-fucking-hell-week!?
“Do you have to?” I asked and she nodded. Then she looked at the stairs where Quinn was standing.

“Quinn, honey, will you go get the stuff you’ll need for the week?” she put her hands on his shoulders.
“Sure” he said and after he was being hugged by my mom he walked over to his house.
“I hope you’ll be nice to him” she looked at me serious. I chuckled.
“Yeah, I’ll be nice. If he’s nice to me” I looked at her and saw that she didn’t really like my answer.
“Sam…”
“Okay, I promise” I groaned. She smiled at me and gave me a hug.
“You’ll be fine” she said and kissed my head.

~Later~

There were no words spoken during the dinner. Mom had made us some lasagna before she and Mr. Allman drove to the airport. Every now and then we could look at each other and poke out the tongue or something likely. This was going to be a long week, I could feel it.

“What happened really?” Quinn asked suddenly. I raised my eyebrow and gave him a weird look. “I mean, we used to be such good friends. What happened?” he continued and I looked down on my lasagna poking it with my fork.
“I don’t know, you became an ass and-“
“I became an ass? You stopped talking to me after your dad left, like it was my fault”
“No, but you started to ignore me”
“That as after you stopped talking to me!”

“Whatever" I rose from the table and put my plate on the kitchen sink and then went towards the living room. Suddenly I felt his hand on my shoulder, I turned around quickly.
“Don’t fucking touch me!” I said before he grabbed both my wrists to stop me from hitting him, which I actually was about to do.

“I don’t know what’s gotten into you, you’re not yourself anymore” he looked at me, I felt the tears burning in my eyes but I didn’t want to cry.
“Let go of me” I said, but he still had his hands wrapped around my wrists.
“Sam, please. Don’t push me away this time” he spoke softly and I couldn’t hold back the tears anymore. I buried my face in his shirt, he let go of my wrists and put his arms around me.

“He said he didn’t love me” I sniffled. “He said he never wanted a daughter. He wanted a son, and he wanted someone like you” I continued while sobbing in between the words.
“Sam, I’m sorry” Quinn whispered and I felt his hug getting a little stronger. I chuckled.
“Don’t be…you’re right, I’m not myself anymore and I’ve been acting like an ass” I said.

“I miss him, Quinn” he loosened the hug and looked at me.
“How can you miss him, after what he said to you?” he asked, I shrugged.
“I don’t know. I mean, he’s my dad” I answered.
“What kind of dad is he if he says he don’t love you?” Quinn raised his eyebrow. He was right, why did I miss that asshole? Why? He’s not my dad, he doesn’t even care about me anymore. I got quiet for a long time before I finally opened my mouth.
“I don’t know…” I said and dried the tears off of my cheeks.

“So, does this mean Samantha Waters is sensitive after all?” Quinn asked with a slightly smile on his face.
“Oh, shut up” I let go of him and continued out of the kitchen and walked upstairs to my room. Quinn came just minutes after me carrying his bag.
“So, where am I sleeping?” he asked.

“Well, since my mom’s room is private and we don’t have any extra mattress I guess you’ll have to sleep in my bed” I said. “But if you kick me, touch me or even snore, I promise you’ll wake up on the floor”
“I won’t. But if you’ll do any of those things, maybe you’ll be the one waking up on the floor” he grinned and put down his bag next to my desk. I ignored what he said and opened my closet looking for something to sleep in. After all, it was late and I was really tired.

“I’ll go use the bathroom” Quinn said after digging in his bag. I took off my skinny grey jeans and pulled on my black baggy pants I usually have. They were newly washed, I could tell by the smell of the laundry detergent. I also took off my black tank top and grabbed the big old white t-shirt with a NASCAR logo on the front. My dad bought it for himself at a NASCAR race he went to when I was like 5, but it was too small for him so he gave it to my mom, and now it’s mine. I don’t have it because he was the one who bought it, I have it because I was a fan of NASCAR myself when I was younger.

I pulled it over my head and turned around facing Quinn who had just entered the room, he was wearing dark blue shorts and a plain white t-shirt.
“What side am I sleeping on?” he asked and went over to the bed.
“Left side, like old times” I said and crawled down in the right side of the bed, he nodded and crawled down next to me.

Both of us moved to each edge of the bed so we wouldn’t have any physical contact at all, but since my bed isn’t really big it wasn’t easy.
“Now remember; no touching, no snoring and no kicking” I switched the light off.
“Otherwise, one of us will wake up on the floor…I get it” he finished my sentence and turned his back against me. I rolled over and turned my back against him, hoping I could fall sleep quickly.

“Sam?”
“Yeah?”
“Good night” he said quietly, almost whispering. I smiled slightly, knowing he couldn’t see it.
“Good night, Quinn”

[a/n: Sorry the first chapter was a bit short.
I hope you liked this one better, because it's longer ;D
And still, if you want me to change/correct anything..just tell me.
Thank you! ^.^]