Status: Activeeeeeee

Possibility

Chapter Twelve

“Are you okay?” I whispered, leaning over the semi-conscious Jacob while looking at the stitches on the right side of his forehead just below his hair line.

“Yeah...” He whispered back, squeezing my hand.

“He’ll be fine,” Carlisle told me, touching my shoulder as he walked past me, “Werewolves heal much faster than humans, because I’ve stitched it, it will only be an hour or so.” He smiled.

“Okay,” I replied, not knowing what to say. It was strange, knowing that Dr. Cullen was a vampire. He had been telling me how he works in the local hospital and has made himself accustomed to the scent of human’s blood so he could, as helping people better was his passion.

I found it hard to believe in his vampirism at times, he seemed so...human, so gentle and kind. He was probably one of the nicest people I’ve met.

The others were weird though, I looked round the sitting room, keeping a hand tight around Jacobs as he sat on the leather sofa. Edward and Bella were still sat by the piano, but not playing it anymore. Bella continued to look at me apologetically yet looked kind of wary of me. Sometimes she looked at me as though I wasn’t good enough for Jacob, or she was confused about why he had chosen me, which had made me sort of uncomfortable, somehow Edward seemed to know and whenever I caught Bella looking at me like this Edward nudged her to stop, she’d whisper sorry and stare out of the window.

Rosalie and her boyfriend, his name was Emmett apparently, hadn’t returned, Esme told everyone that they had gone hunting. I didn’t like to ask what that entailed but I could guess pretty well.

Jasper was sat on the opposite end of the sofa to me while Alice was dancing around the house, occasionally playing with my hair as though I was her new Barbie doll, causing me to look at the others, shocked, making them all laugh. Obviously Alice was always like this. And Esme was in the kitchen making the ‘wolves and human’ some food as, apparently vampires don’t eat...

“Jacob, do you have a head ache at all?” Carlisle asked, looking at Jake with concern.

“Well, I did split my head open, Doc.” Jake smiled, it was good to see him back to his old self again.

Carlisle smiled, “Well if it gets any worse, let me know and I’ll get you some pain killers”

“Sure, sure. So when do I get to go home?”

“Uhh,” Carlisle looked at Jacob’s stitches, “You’ve still got a bit too go,”

Jake sighed, leaning his head back again.

“Lunch is served!” Esme smiled as she entered the room with a tray full of food that smelled delicious.

Jake, Paul and Quil smiled eagerly, reaching for it and placing it on the elegant coffee table and started scoffing it down. The smell of it soon made me hungry, so I joined in, stuffing my mouth full of the beautiful food.

Raising his eyebrows, Jacob smiled at me, “Hungry?” He laughed.

“Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, you know that?” I replied, trying my hardest not to giggle but failing miserably.

“Says the most sarcastic person I know!” Jake winked, putting his arm around me and kissing my forehead.

“Shhh...Don’t be mean!” I smiled putting my finger to his lips which he quickly kissed and got back to his food.

**

“So, Quil, do you mind if I take your car?” Jake asked as we left the Cullen’s house an hour later.

“Sure, man, if uh, you’re okay to drive...” Quil replied, looking confused. “Why?”

“Just wanted to chat with B for a bit.” He replied, putting his arm around my waist.

“Okay,” Quil hesitated, “Be careful, okay?”

“We will, see you back at mine.”

Jake steered me towards Quil’s car before getting in and starting the engine and driving off in the direction of his house.

“Sure you’re okay to drive?” I asked, looking at him and squinting at the sudden sun that was beating down onto the car. It was still cold though!

“I’m fine now, honestly!” He grinned, “Now, I just wanted to say I’m sorry...” He continued, looking serious.

“What for?”

“For scaring you,”

“Did you just apologize for knocking yourself out?” I laughed.

“Pretty much,” Jake smiled a little, “It’s just, in the few seconds that I was conscious before I was out of it, when you ran over to me, I realised just how bad it would be living without you. And I guess I’m sorry for making you feel, even just for a second, that you might have to live without me.”

Tears welled up in my eyes as I told him to pull over, my voice breaking half way through.

“Why, oh, I’m sorry!” Jake said as he caught sight of my eyes, pulling over immediately. “What have I said?”

“Nothing,” I replied truthfully, “Just, no one’s ever said anything that nice or special to me before, that’s all.”

“Awwhh!” Jake smiled, reaching over to give me a hug and ending up pulling me into his lap as the tears over flowed.

“Thanks, Jake.” I said smiling.

“What for?”

“For,” I paused, “I don’t know, being Jake, I guess.”

He laughed, kissing me gently before pulling me properly into his arms and squeezing me tight.

“B, I know we’ve only known each other for a few days and there’s the age gap and everything,” He whispered in my ear, “But I love you.”

I drew in breath out of shock before leaning out of his arms to look at his face. “Really?” He nodded.

“Well,” I grinned, “I love you too!”

“That’s good!” Jake smiled again, kissing me once more before putting me back in my seat, restarting the car and driving off again.

“So, who’s at your house?” I asked still grinning.

“Everyone apparently!” Jake sighed “Honestly, we get no time on our own.”

I laughed “Its fine.”

“Well, it’s not really! You’re my imprint now, and the other guys should understand...”

“Calm it!”

“Sorry, it’s just...We’ve only got three weeks,” He whispered the last bit.

“I know,” I whispered back. “We’ll make the most of them, I promise!”

“And then what? What happens when you go home?”

“We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.” I said sharply, not wanting to think about it. “I sounded like my mum then...”

He laughed as we rounded the final corner and to his house and he sighed, “Into the nut house!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I rather like this chapter actually :3
Whis is rare for me...xD
I hope you like it tooooo :D
Oooo also, I have a bunch of subscribers who haven't commented and I just wanted to say, if you are subscribed, if you could, please comment :D I'd love to be able to know all of my subscriberssssss :D And also comments inspire me :D
Also thanks to everyone who has read and and subscribed :D
Anywho, Comment, Subscribe, do the Fox Trot :D
OHH and Merry Christmas in case I don't update before then, everything's kind of hectic at the moment!