Status: Activeeeeeee

Possibility

Chapter Seventeen

Rolling onto my side I felt something warm flop off my face and onto my duvet. My phone. Wiping dried drool off my chin, I sat up. My clothes had deep creases I would never be able to get out but I just stood up and ruffled my hair, used to waking up like this as it had been happening ever since I came back 'home'.

“Shit!” I started when I noticed a figure in my doorway.

“Oh, good! You're up, first day back at school!” Mum practically sung.

“You say that like it's a good thing,” I yawned, looking at the time on my phone. “How did I wake up so early?” Mum just shrugged, walking out of my room with a spring in her step. “Oh,” I said to myself, noticing the little yellow envelope at the top of my screen flashing, my text tone must've woken me up.

Good luck today, love you! Jake xx

I smiled thinking of how early, or late depending on how you look at it, it must have been for him, deciding not to text him back in case it woke him up, I walked over to my wardrobe, pulling out my ugly grey school uniform from it and went to have a nice warm shower.



As I walked into the school gates, I began fiddling with my blazer hem, butterflies whurring up in my stomach for the first time in a while and my hand felt it's way to the thin bracelet on my right wrist, reminding me of Jacob. Flattening my hair I made my way through to the school canteen and in the instant I stopped I heard my name.

“B!” Turning round I saw one of my 'friends', Abbie, running up to me.

“Hi.” I said tonelessly to the slight blonde girl next to me.

“How was your summer?” She looked up at me, Abbie was only around five foot where I was around five foot six, the height difference was kind of hard to get used too.

“Good!” I smiled, “Yours?”

“Yeah it was great!” She smiled back as we found an empty table and perched on it. “Me and Ashley went on holiday with her family to France! Didn't we Ash?” I looked up, noticing the brown curly mass of hair that was, Ashley.

She nodded, looking at my with a nervous eye as I looked down, playing with the frayed ends of the bracelet once again. “What's that?” She asked, nodding to my fidgeting hands.

“Uhm, it's just a bracelet.” I mumbled.

“Awhh, it's pretty!” Abbie said, pulling my hand towards her as she inspected it. “Can you make me one?” She dropped my hand, letting it drop to the bench with a thud.

“Oh, I didn't make it.” I smiled slightly

“Oooo! Who did?” She smiled.

“Uhm, Jacob. This guy I met in Canada this summer.” I blushed at the attention, sometimes I wished Abbie was more like Ashley, they were so alike in some ways but Abbie never knew when to stop and, well, Ashley never knew when to start!

“Boyfriend?!” Ashley looked shocked.

“Yeah.” I said, offended at how she obviously didn't believe I had a boyfriend.

“Have you got a picture?!” Abbie grinned some more.

I scrolled through the pictures on my phone, finding the best picture I had of Jake, him in his shorts in his house, running a hand through his hair, the other arm wrapped round my waist. I smiled, remembering when Jess grabbed hold of my camera and took this, along with loads of others, most of them no good, one of the days we went to the beach.

“Here.” I said, putting my phone in her hand, her jaw dropped.

“How old his he?” She asked, voice faint.

“He's 16.” I replied as Abbie passed the phone to Ashley who nodded and passed it back to me.

“Awhh! I bet you miss him!” Abbie sighed, leaning her head on her school bag looking more interested in me as I'd ever seen her before, obviously having a boyfriend made me more exciting.

“Yeah,” I nodded with a sigh “I do.”



Pushing my way past all of the girls in front of the mirror, putting lipstick, eyeshadow and think layers of foundation on their faces, I eventually found a spare cubicle and sat down on the flat lid, pulling my phone out of my blazer pocket I quickly tapped into an empty page.

Are you awake? Xxxx

I only had to wait a few minutes before I got my reply.

I am indeed, how's the first day going? Xx

Could be worse I guess the two girls I hang around with seem very interested in you, lol xx

I replied as I heard the door open and people walk in before it banging closed again.

“Has anyone seen Bianca?” Abbie's voice bellowed over the mumbles of the girls already in there, there was silence for a minute until I heard a few 'who?'s and the talking started again, with a sigh I opened the door.

“I'm here,” I told them, all the others not even acknowledging me as I pushed past them for a second time and walked out with Abbie and Ashley.

My phone buzzed into life again but this time my ringtone went off instead of texts.

“Who's that?” Ashley asked, peering over my left shoulder to take a look as we walked to the courtyard area.

“Jake,” I grinned, “Hey!” I said into the phone.

“Hi,” Jake laughed, his husky American accent making me smile even more. “So these 'friends' want to know more about me?”

I laughed “Yes they do.” I replied, wanting to remind him that they were hardly my friends but felt it was rude to say when they were stood right next to me.

“Ahh, I see, what exactly have you told them about me?” I heard a smile in his voice.

“Oh, just that you've some guy, y'know.” I smiled back.

“Really? Is that all?”

“Meh, yeah.”

“Nice! How's your day so far?”

“Could be worse, yours?” I sighed

“I just really woke up, got a phone call from Sam...”

“Is everything okay?!” I asked, worry building up inside of me.

“There's been, uhh, sightings. Just around the outside of the forest, nothing unusual.”

I bit my lip, “How's James holding up?”

“He's good! A natural, he can keep his temper without going out of control now which is good!”

I smiled. “Oh, shit.” Abbie grabbed my hand and pulled me towards our maths class as the bell rang, “I've got to go, time for maths, yay,”

“Awhh okay, babe, love you.”

“Love you too,” I put my phone back in my blazer pocket, running with Abbie, both of us knowing that if we were late, Mr. Pike wouldn't be too happy with us.
♠ ♠ ♠
OH MY.
Sorry it took me like MONTHS! :(
And that this is a crappy chapter...
I'm not going to come up with massive excuses, I just had a huge case of writers block, i hate writing fillers anyway :/
Anywho, comment, subscribe and most importantly, ENJOY :D