Status: Activeeeeeee

Possibility

Chapter Seven

“Hello?” Jacob said into his phone straight after we'd gotten out of the car at Port Angeles. “Oh shit, I can't...”

I gave him a confused look, zipping my coat a bit more to defend myself from the freezing cold wind but he just shook his head, looking away into the distance.

“Sam, I'm in Port Angeles...With Bianca.” He said, rubbing his forehead with his free hand, “But--...Yeah well, we were going to see a movie.” He sighed again.

I walked around him so I could see his face, it was all screwed up and annoyed. “I'm fed up with this shit, Sam, I really am.” I put my arms around him in a feeble attempt to cheer him up a little bit but he just stepped out of my reach, walking around to the other side of the car and leaning on the passengers side door. “Well I suppose I have to don't I.”

I bit my lip, confused at what was happening.

“Yeah, I'll take her round now. Bye.” He snapped the phone shut, shoving it back into his shorts pocket and kicking a stone. “B, you've gotta go to Emily's place.”

“Why? I wanna stay with you...”

“You just have to okay?” Jake walked round the car again, getting into the drivers seat without a glance at me.

“Jake, what's happened?” I asked, sitting myself down and putting my seatbelt on.

“Nothing, it's fine, I just need to go and stay at Emily's for a bit. Jess and Lizzy are there too.” He muttered, starting the Rabbit and speeding off back in the direction we'd just come.

“But I don't understand, why do you have to go and see Sam now?”

“Because I do.”

“Who is he to tell you what you should and shouldn't do?” I mumbled, scared about how he would react.

“I know...you just...don't understand.” His jaw was clenched tight as he said this.

“Well, explain to me then...” I replied, putting a hand on his shoulder.

“I can't...”

“Why not?”

“Because...I just can't right now okay? Maybe after today I will be able too...”

I looked at my badly bitten fingernails and sighed, deciding maybe it wasn't the best to continue trying to get it out of him. He obviously – for some reason – didn't want to tell me.

**

We pulled up about ten minutes later at a beautiful house in the middle of no where. Small but perfect and homely.

“Emily?” Jacob called “Bianca's here...”

“Come in!” I heard her voice call from inside.

“Okay.” Jake called back before looking at me for the first time since he'd gotten the strange phone call.

“Jake...” I breathed, kind of nervous about being in a house with three girls without him that I'd only met once.

“I know...” He held my face in his hands, “Hopefully I won't be long, but if I am...Emily will drive you back to Jim's okay?”

“But--” I started but got interrupted.

“It'll be okay.” He started “I'll be back soon. I promise.”

“Where are you going?” I asked.

“I'll tell you when I come back...” I was about to argue but suddenly he kissed me, roughly but softly at the same time, gave me a hug and ran off into the woods that were near by, looming ominously over the sweet little cottage.

I took a deep breath and walked up to the front door and into the house. “Hello?” I called out.

“Hey!” Lizzy suddenly jumped in front of me with a grin, “We're just in here.”

She lead me out into a big kitchen with a large table in the middle that had a basket on top of it, over flowing with precariously balanced with muffins the side of my hand.

“Bianca!” Emily and Jess said together. Jess was sat in one of the mis-matching chairs that were dotted around the table, her broken leg put up on one next to her while Emily was by the cooker, a flowery apron around her with marks all over it from baking.

“Sit down.” Emily smiled carefully.

“Okay...” I muttered, choosing a seat on the other side of the table from Jess and where Lizzy had chosen, feeling extremely awkward.

“Hungry?” Jess asked, pointing to the muffins with a giggle.

I shook my head, “No, but thanks, they do look delicious.” I'd suddenly lost my appetite.

“'Kay...” Jess replied, looking down at her cast.

There was a few minutes of just Emily's baking noises making me get lost in my thoughts of where Jake was and if he was okay when they got interrupted.

“He's okay, you know, Bianca...” Emily nodded

“I wish I just knew were he'd gone.” I mumbled, biting my lip again.

“He'll be able to tell you in time.”

“Yeah, that's what today is all about!” Lizzy said enthusiastically only to get hit by Jess who made a shushing noise. “Oops, sorry...”

I frowned “What?”

“Nothing...” Lizzy muttered.

“Just know that he's okay, no matter how pissed he seems!” Jess said, sounding so typically American, I could've laughed if I wasn't feeling sick.

“He'll let you know what's going on soon enough...” Emily assured me but I wasn't sure if it helped.

Why couldn't he tell me now?
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I know, my posting is way too scattered, I update once in about a month then suddenly it's frequent...sorryy :(
Anyway I love your feedback :D
So comment, subscribe...uhhh...do the funky chicken :D