Status: Activeeeeeee

Possibility

Chapter Eight

“Hey...how did you break your leg?” I asked Jess before biting into my half eaten muffin.

“Uhh...” Jess stuttered, looking at the other two for help.

“Jake said something about a car crash...?” I urged, eager to know.

“Yeah!” She looked relieved. “It was awful...”

“Lucky you only got out with a broken leg though right?”

“Yeah...” She nodded “yeah...” but something told me there was something else to that story...

I was beginning to feel more comfortable now, I'd been at Emily's for about an hour already and they'd made me – kind of – forget about what Jacob might have been doing.

Just as I was eating my last bite the door flew open and there was the howling I'd only heard once before but recognised straight away as Jared, Quil, Paul and Embry walked in.

Lizzy shot up, running over to Paul and throwing her arms around him as Embry walked over to Jess and kissed her gently. I continued to stare at the door, waiting for Jacob but he didn't walk through, neither did Sam.

“Hey, where's Sam and Jake?” Emily asked, obviously thinking the same thing as I was.

“They're just...talking...outside,” Quil replied, giving me a quick glance before continuing “They'll be in in a sec.”

“Oh, cool.” Emily replied, getting back to the next batch of muffins she was making.

“Sorry to take Jake away from you earlier, Bianca,” Jared winked. “Urgent business.”

“It's fine...” I replied stiffly but smiled to let him know I meant it despite my tone.

“Bianca, Jake needs to talk to you.” I heard Sam's voice from behind me.

“Oh...okay...” I said, standing up and pulling my coat on, wondering what he needed to say...was he going to tell me what was going on?

Sam gave me a reassuring smile as I walked past him.

“Thanks for the muffins and stuff...” I called back, not sure if I was coming back or not.

“That's okay, Bianca, nice seeing you again.” Emily smiled, looking kind of...excited(?) as Sam walked over to her to give her a hug and kiss.

“You too, bye guys.” I waved to everyone and walked back through the house and out into the freezing cold, to Jacob.

“Hey!” He smiled a little.

“Hi...” I replied, scrutinizing his expression. He looked happier than earlier but still kind of concerned. “What's up?”

Jake didn't say anything, he just gestured me to follow him along the road with barely any footpath we'd driven along to get to Emily's. I followed obediently, struggling to catch up with his quick pace when suddenly he stopped, looking back in the direction of where we'd come.

“Yeah this seems far enough...” He mumbled to himself. Far enough? What, did everyone have supersonic hearing or something?

“Jake, what's up?” I asked with a sigh.

“I have a lot to tell you...” He sighed back. “A lot...”

“Go ahead...I have time...” I said, sitting cross legged on the dirty pavement.

With a smile he sat in front of me, taking my freezing hands in his, warming them up as he held them.

“Okay, this is probably going to be hard for you to believe but the guys told me it was the best thing, let you know quick, like a band-aid...so you can go if you want...” He mumbled.

“Jake, what the hell are you rambling on about?” I laughed.

“Bianca...” He started, I nodded encouragingly to him so he would continue, “You probably won't even believe me...” He sighed.

“Oh, just spit it out, Jake!”

“I'm...I'm a werewolf...”

“You...you're what?” I asked, my mouth had fallen open, was he crazy? Did he not know they weren't real?!

“Well, more of a shape shifter really, I mean it has nothing to do with the moon and all that shit...” He babbled.

“Jake...” I started, wondering how the nicest what to put this was “They....they're not real...”

He shook his head, “I can show you...if I'm careful...”

I nodded, wondering how he was going to do this; it was taking all my strength not to laugh at him...

He stood up, picking me up in a fireman’s lift and ran straight back to Emily's and into the woods, sniffing about first before putting me down and stepping behind a tree. What.The.Hell?

Suddenly I saw his shorts being thrown from where he was hidden and I began to worry. What the hell was going on? Surely this was a dream, I'd wake up soon...come on brain, wake up! Jacob wasn’t crazy! Wake up!

But I didn't.

I heard a growl and suddenly a big face of a wolf poked out from where Jacob should have been. It stepped around so I could see all of its body. On all fours it was still much taller than me, not like a normal wolf. It was a rusty brown colour and had eyes I recognised. Jacob's eyes.

“Jake?” I whispered, cowering slightly from the vastness of the creature stood in front of me.

The wolf nodded.

“Wow...” I breathed, stepping forward slightly to get a better look at its huge paws. He was like an overgrown dog. “Sit!” I ordered, laughing as he obeyed me and made a mangled sort of woofing noise.

I ran over, grinning at the weirdness of what was happening, still sure that I would wake up in a few seconds.

“Can I?” I asked, reaching my hand up so I could stroke the soft fur. He made a noise that I assumed was a yes as he lowered his head and poked his wet nose to my cold cheek. I squealed, and ran my fingers through his fur. “This is strange...” He made another noise that, judging by his hung head, meant sorry. “Its okay, Jake, this is who you are...I'm glad I know!” His muzzle turned up at each side into a weird kind of smile as he bared his teeth before really pushing his luck, sticking his tongue out and licking my face. “EWW!!!” I slapped him “That's disgusting!” Jacob 'chuckled'.

I heard big foot steps and my body tensed up. More of them?

Five more huge wolves rounded the corner, familiar faces on three of their backs. Emily, Lizzy and Jess.

“You know!!!” Lizzy grinned, leaping of a wolf that I assumed to be Paul and giving me the biggest squeeze ever!

“Yeah...” I laughed, grinning around at them all, but by the way the wolf that Emily was riding, Sam I presumed, was looking as Jake who, at that point, was resting his heavy muzzle on my shoulder, I knew there was something Jacob hadn't told me yet...

I shook my head to myself. What else would there be? He’d told me he was a werewolf, there couldn’t be anything else. Surely.
♠ ♠ ♠
:/...
I feel kinda sad that 'I' know XD
Anywho
comment, subscribe..uhhh........do the macarena!