Status: finito!

If It Keeps You Around Then I'm Down

Deal.

"Alex, Ava, school," Mrs. Gaskarth knocked on the door, I groaned rubbing my face and stretching. I slapped Alex when I sat up and he groaned waving his arm asking for five more minutes. I sat and and yawned. I dug around his clean clothes and stole a pair of skinny jeans. I pulled them up and stole a pullover from his middle school basketball days wore them on.

"Hey, if you're going to take your pants off in my room make sure I'm actually asleep?" Alex smiled sleepily rubbing his bare chest. I threw an empty bottle from his desk at him and I ran quickly outside and back to my house.

I walked in and ran up to my room and pulled my backpack that was stuffed with random school work that wasn't really important. We were basically reviewing for finals after prom. This was the countdown, and it wasn't challenging, frankly I had given up on the whole honor student thing, it was too much work keeping up with the makeup work and curriculum.

"Bye mom," I said running out of the house and meeting Alex in his front lawn with a smug smile on his face. I laughed walking past him and making my way to the passenger seat.

"Nice pants and sweater," Alex said looking me up and down, I faked a laugh and then smiled, taking my backpack down. Alex parked and I saw a brood of girls waiting for him, I bit my lip knowing this is trouble. "Ladies," he smiled. I rolled my eyes and winked at Jack who came running over.

"Alex, we need to talk," one girl with curly brown hair said with attitude putting her hand on her hip. He came up and hugged me.

"What's going on?" Jack asked rubbing my arm all the way around my backpack, Jack had really long arms it was weird.

"I'm not sure, let's watch!" I said we both turned our heads very animated and looked at a very scantly dressed crowd with crucifixion in their eyes.

"Which one of us are you taking to prom?" A short blond with a big bust said mocking the first girl's actions before moving awkwardly. Her voice was high and annoying.

"Ladies, ladies, I'm sorry if I gave you the impression if I was taking any one of you to prom, but Lisa asked me already," he shrugged. Brushing past the crowd of girls hissing insults at him, I laughed as Jack led me to follow him.

"Smooth Gaskarth," I smiled and looked up from Jack towering over me. Jack was shaking with a little laughter. Alex flicked me off, running on top of Rian ripping him from Kara's embrace. We were walking towards the building before Jack grabbed my hand and brought me to the empty drama hall next to the entrance to the school.

"What are we doing," I smiled curiously.

"You didn't give me a proper hello," he smirked holding my hands and using some motion to pull me in closer to him. I smirked, and kissed him lightly, standing on my tippy toes and him craning over to reach me. He cupped my face with his giant hands and pulled me closer. We looked up from someone clearing their throat and saw a teacher standing awkwardly.

"Oh, awkward," I said laughing as Jack pulled me to our first class. We all took our seats and Jack was making faces at me and waving his arms. I didn't know what he was talking about, so I waited until after the bell rang, but then the teacher asked to see him after class. I waited in the hallway, leaning my head against the lockers as Jack came out sighing.

"Hey there sailor," I said in a small voice, getting pushed by some students who didn't even bother to move. I laughed following him as he sighed.

"Nothing just getting chewed up," Jack smiled as we walked the route to our second class.

"What for?" I asked kissing his cheek trying to make him feel better. He looked down at me and looked at me gleaming with pride.

"For trying to get your attention all of class," He said trying to guilt trip me, I walked out of his embrace and tugged on his fingers before walking into the classroom.

"You had my attention, it's not my fault I don't speak spaz," I chuckled biting my lip and he pretended to be hurt and I was about to walk into the classroom. but he pulled me back. "We're gonna be late!" I said nodding towards the door.

"I was trying to ask you to prom," he mumbled looking around, I used my hand and pulled his face down to mine.

"Was there even an option?" I smiled before kissing him lightly.

"Not really," Jack said before slipping his tongue into my mouth, I stood up on my toes to deepen this kiss. There was banging on the window and we turned our heads to see Alex and another kid peering through the door and waving their tongues around. I laughed and smacked the glass that Alex was sucking on, sending him back.

We walked into the classroom and there were a bunch of 'aw's from the girls and a couple of 'get some!'s from the guys. Or equally retarded callings from the male ego about getting sex from women. I laughed taking my seat next to Alex who was making kissing noises with his palms of his cheeks. I smacked his forehead.

"You should've had a V-8!" Brent called from behind us and I high-fived him for his perfect timing. The rest of the school day was completely boring. Alex and I were walking out of the school when we saw that his car was egged and had tampons all over it.

"Come on!" He said running it over and collecting tampons and throwing them to the ground. Jack was laughing hysterically and pointing.

"I'm pretty sure you should've seen this coming," I said muffling his laughter with my palm, my entire arm extended to reach him all the way up there. I kissed Jack goodbye and told him I would text him with my prom dress color.

"Take care of my girlfriend," Jack said slapping Alex on the shoulder and started walking backwards to wave at me.

"More like I should be taking care of him," I said under my breath. I climbed into the car and Alex was still frustrated. I buckled my seat belt and he back up, speeding dangerously fast to his house

"Will you help me clean this up?" Alex asked sighing loudly. I nodded and pulled off Alex's sweater. It took about thirty minutes to get all the egg of his car for the most part Alex was silent. I could see he was upset. I wiped his car with a washcloth to dry off the windshield.

"Alex?" I asked pulling a wet sponge out of the bucket and he turned absent-mindly. I through the sponge at him and it hit him on side of his face, he laughed and wiped his face nodding.

"Love you," I smiled, Alex grabbed his bucket and poured it all over me, I scoffed loudly and realized that my shirt was completely see-through. I nodded spitting out some of the water that had gotten into my mouth. "You're going down, Gaskarth!" I said grabbing my bucket and chasing him around. I poured it on him and then he came at me the hose. I slipped on the lawn and laid laughing for a while.

"Love you too," He said pouring one last sponge-full of water on me. I rolled my eyes and smacked his wet chest.

"Nope, I take it back," I joked and he laughed lightly before looking up at the clouds where my eyes were set on. The sun was warm and I felt a little dirty from the soapy water.

"Let's go swimming!" He said, I ran inside and threw my clothes into my hamper grabbing my navy bikini, and slipping it on. I ran out the house and into Alex's backyard without talking to my mom. I saw Alex waiting for me stroking an invisible cat pensively.

"Well, Miss. Brody, I've been expecting you," He said bringing his pinky to the corner of his mouth, "You're boobs look great in that swimsuit." I laughed and flicked him off, "You should've have done that!" he said with a giant smile pushing me into the pool, I gasped as I came up for air, splashing his cocky grinning face.

"Asshole," I said chuckling lightly.

"I'm so sick of hearing that!" He exasperated.

"Well, think of it this week and then finals and we're done!" I said trying to make him feel better. He bit his lip nodding slightly.

"I'm just waiting for something more, you know?" Alex sighed. I rolled my eyes in less than two weeks he would be out of this dinky-suburb and off touring the world, living his dream of making music and meeting new people, particularly women. I on the other hand, had four more year schooling and four years of groping and heavy drinking. Bound to be awesome, but nothing compared to his life. I splashed him.

"You gotta last two more weeks, and you'll be leaving this town in the dust. Psh, screw Hometown Heroes, National Nobodies, someday you'll be more famous that Mr. T." I smiled and I hugged him lightly.

"Aw," I heard two voices cooing, and we pulled apart to see our mothers sipping coffee on his porch. I stood a considerable distance away from Alex and my mother looked up hopefully,

"Did it happen?"

"No mom! Alex and I are just friends!" I said over dramatically breaking my voice, Alex chuckled and raised his eyebrows.

"But we have made a deal that if we're both single at age 29 we'll get married and have lots and lots of babies," Alex said sarcastically. Our mothers chuckled shaking their heads condescendingly and walked back into the house.

"Seriously?" I asked dipping underwater to get my hair to be smoothed out and I flipped my lengths to fold my hair to make it look like George Washington wig. I laughed as he nodded, using his hand to bring my hair back to normal.

"Deal?" I nodded biting my lip.

"Deal."