Status: finito!

If It Keeps You Around Then I'm Down

Homecoming.

"Alex," I laughed wildly, as he lifted me up over his shoulder, my butt was facing forward towards our destination, so I remained clueless. "Alex, I can walk, I haven't lost that ability since the last time you saw me!" I chuckled. Alex simply hoisted me further up and laughed.

"I told you I was going to kidnap you!" Alex said I could imagine a giant smile on his face, I had stopped kicking about ten minutes back. Alex must have been stronger than he looked, or was secretly superman or something.

"Alex what about all my stuff?" I chuckled still, I started resting my head on my arm which was on Alex's back. We started moving as one, me getting bumped with every step he was taking. He had swooped in during The Maine's band practice and after meeting all the guys picked me up.

"Katie packed everything and put it in the van already, you are set to go," Alex said matter-of-factly. I squirmed a little after my rib got nudged by his shoulder blade.

"What do you mean she packed all my stuff, I just got here," I asked wondering what the hell Katie was thinking. And how she managed to keep a secret, she must've told someone. Probably Kennedy which is why he's been ignoring me.

"She said it'd be good for you to get away from John," Alex stated his tone turned into one where he would be wiggling his eyebrows. Katie would do that, John and I were only two consenting adults having fun. Which mostly consisted of making out and one druken incident or two. No feelings, no strings.

"Katie," I said deepening my voice in a fake scorn. Alex laughed and his back vibrated beneath me, which tickled me. I used my long arm to smack him on the butt, he jumped us both up and squealed.

"Ah, I missed you," Alex said finally putting me down next to a black van and a white trailer attached to it. I laughed and shook my head. We hugged, it had been forever since Alex and I had actually seen each other.

"I missed you too," I whispered in his ear. I heard two very enthusiastic voices shouting my name and I turned around before getting swept up into a bear hug from Rian and then passed into Zack's arms. "Weak! I'm not a fucking five-year-old guys I can walk and hug people with my feet on the ground!" I said in a monotone voice. Alex was laughing his ass off behind me.

"Could've fooled me shorty," Zack said jokingly sticking his tongue out playfully. I looked and saw Matt, their tour manager, I hadn't really seen him since Zack and I had dropped him off when he was inebriated.

"Hey Matt!" I said finally on the ground, he gave me a side hug since we weren't really that close, "haven't seen you so sober before!" I joked and he looked down.

"Yeah, I don't ever remember meeting you besides once, but that is actually a little embarrassing," He lifted up his hat and ruffled his had looking down. I playfully brushed his arm.

"Don't, you're a cute drunk," I said a big smile plastered across my face. I had no idea how much I missed being with these people and seeing them.

"Hey, Ava," Jack said his hands deep in his pockets with his shoulders hunched over. My smile shrunk as my heart began to flutter. I prayed he couldn't see my feelings through my face. As far as Jack was concerned, I was over him, only Katie and Alex knew that I still possibly loved him.

"Now you are a very touchy drunk," I said smiling again and he scoffed bringing up his back. He read my demeanor and I couldn't help but see guilt in his eyes mixed with someone I didn't know.

"How have you been?" he asked hugging me lightly reminding me how much taller than I he was. I laughed, face in his chest and let go. I felt his skin on mine, since I was wearing a black tank top and navy blue skinny jeans. It was a nice reminder, I wanted to stay in his arms forever.

"Good, good, making some new friends, getting crunk," I faked a gangster accent bringing my arms up and doing something weird with my hands. Jack smiled, I melted (on the inside of course), he let out a big laugh and I turned around at people were looking at us with uncertainty.

"We better get on the road!" Alex chirped pulling me to sit up front with him. I looked over my shoulder at Jack who was whispering something to Matt. I was epically screwed. I buckled my seat belt and as Alex turned the key in the ignition two girls voice blasted across the van, Alex turned it down with a cute smile pasted on his face.

"Well, I was expecting blink-182, who are they?" I asked smiling lightly, Alex blushed and moved the car into drive and we took off out of the neighborhood. I felt a pang of guilt, I hadn't had time to say goodbye to any of the boys in the Maine or Katie, but I suppose she already knew.

"Meg and Dia, we're touring with them, you'll like them," Alex said and Jack and Matt started making noise effects as Jack watched Matt playing pokemon on a gameboy color. Of course the color of it was pink, but I didn't expect anything else from the All Time Low boys.

"Sweet," I said nodding, I looked at my phone which was vibrating in my pocket. I saw it was from John and I looked around to make sure no one was looking over my shoulder, especially Jack. Alex was concentrating on the road while changing CDs. I pressed the button to read it and smiled.

'If your dead can I have your room?' I laughed lightly and kept a smirk on my face as I responded.

'If I was dead how would I text you back?' I pressed send and noticed Jack staring at me questionably with his eyes moving from my eyes to my phone and taking a stop at my boobs. I adjusted to face the front.

"Fuck you RATATAT!" Matt called out rapidly pushing buttons and I laughed. My phone vibrated back and I didn't do the proper checking before opening it.

'Good point. I miss you already, when are you coming back ;)' John responded, I laughed and bit my lip. I was simply finishing up this tour which would take a couple of weeks.

"How long will you be holding me hostage?" I asked loudly so the whole van could hear, except for Zack who was flat on the back seat with head phones in and iPod blasting.

"Three weeks," Alex answered finally settling on Meg and Dia again, I laughed and responded to John,

'Three weeks stud, think you can make it?' I joked, this time Matt and Jack were surrounding me reading over my shoulder.

"OoH! Who's stud?" Matt teased while Jack sat back annoyed. I put my phone against my chest and turned around. I pressed send without looking a smile on my face as I looked to both of them, their hands on their hips looking disappointed.

"Nunya," I shrugged nonchalantly.

"Who's Nunya?" Matt asked passing the gameboy to Jack who pretended to be deep in pokemon, but I could tell what actually listening.

"You know, Nunya Business? Never heard of her?" I said sarcastically smiling as Matt rolled his eyes.

"Ha. Ha. HA! I forgot how funny you were Ava!" Alex mocked me and I slapped him lightly.

"I'll kick your ass to Tuesday Gaskarth," I pointed a finger at him threateningly and he stuck his tongue out at me and turned his attention to the highway we were driving to.

"Oh, speaking of, you are officially our merch bitch," I mouthed 'merch bitch' confused as to why I was a bitch, also wondering what anything I had said had anything to do with what he said, "you set up merch tables and you talk to fans, be nice get them to buy things and tip. Also you're in charge of anything I can't do if I'm busy and running everywhere doing things for these mother fuckers," Matt said seriously, I nodded to show that I understood and accepted these responsibilities.

"It sounds like you're more a bitch than I am, so I'm gonna call you tour bitch," I smiled plopping down on my seat. Rian started roaring in laughter and Jack smiled out the side of his mouth.

"No, you're already the bitch!" Matt whined doing a little dance in his seat. I laughed and shook my head.

"I've declared you bitch, all who agree say 'aye' all how disagree say 'nay'. Ready, set. go!" I called out and I heard three 'aye's and one snore which I assumed belonged to Zack, still laying flat on the back seat.

I crossed my legs and dug a backpack Katie had packed for me already in the front seat. They were definitey sneaky little bastards. I pulled out my iPod which I always kept in the side pocket, but I also saw a note from Katie, I unfolded it and started reading.

'Dear Ava,
You're probably pissed off right about now, but trust me. You need to be around your best friends (second to me) before school starts and you can't see them. I love you and miss you to death. Also stay away from John, he's dirty! Call me whenever you can, I would've asked you if I didn't know that you would say know, which you would, don't lie! I love you tons and I can't wait till ASU!
Love times a million and a little more,
Katie'

I smiled and knew she was right, I was planning on telling Alex no and hanging out with John for the rest of the summer. Katie must have taken a liking to Alex if she wanted me to go with them instead of hang out this summer. I looked at the horizon with the purple and orange and blue smeared across it like a child's finger painting. I smiled to myself, Alex was deep in thought with a white bandana tied across his forehead. I snuck a peak at Jack who was cursing at the gym leader and Matt who was back-seat Pokemon-ing. It felt like home all over again. Some one behind me farted and I plugged my ear buds into my ear and let The Maine pour into my ears. Ah home, sweet-cramped-in-a-stinky-van, home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Suggestions? por favorr.