Status: finito!

If It Keeps You Around Then I'm Down

Rock Show.

I shifted my weight and laughed, I saw Jack looking over at Meg and I. I smiled shyly and Meg raised a suspicious eye brow. She was taller than I, so it was more of condescending stare. Her yellow-brown eyes coated in eyeliner, she flicked her dark brown bangs out of her face and broaden her smile.

"What?" I asked laughing a little, I saw Jack leap on to Alex's back and yell something. Meg shook her head and chuckled. We both crossed our arms across our chest and her collarbones stuck out more.

"Are you with Jack?" She asked, looking between us and I scoffed as Alex collapsed to the ground and started trying to slap Jack from behind.

"What? No!" I stuttered slightly and straightened up. Dia came up and joined our circle smiling brightly and she looked up at us wondering what we were talking about before noticing the boys who were now piled on top of poor Alex.

"I can't believe you're doing that," Dia laughed bluntly and then she recoiled into a smile as I raised my eyebrows. She had cropped hair in a pixie cut and she laughed, we were the same age, but for some reason she seemed so much older than I was.

"Oh, really?" I asked turning to Meg who was blushing and looking around and deflecting the question jokingly. I slapped her lightly and winked over-exaggeratedly, and we all broke out into a giggle.

"So what's going on with you and Jack?" Meg asked turning over the attention to me and Dia raised her hands and exclaimed,

"Am I the only one not getting any?!" I laughed and Meg hushed her chuckling lightly, Dia was wearing an oversized t-shirt and skinny jeans. She looked younger and more innocent than Meg.

"We used to date, and now..." I drifted off as Alex came walking over, Meg looked confused leaning forward for us to figure it out before she realized Alex was coming.

"Hey guys," he said, we all looked over at him and stopped talking making it really awkward, "So, are you taking care of best friend here?" He asked before Meg and Dia laughed nodding. I looked over my shoulder.

"Alex, girl talk, I'll fill you in later," I said as we decided to get lunch and were walking away. He looked so lonely as we walked away I felt bad and I blew him a kiss. He caught it and shoved it in his pocket before flicking me off.

"Now?" Meg asked once we were outside the venue and excitedly led us to a hotdog stand. I ordered a sausage with everything on it, she ordered a tofurky hotdog and Dia ordered a plain hotdog with ketchup.

"Now, I still have feelings for him and he has a girlfriend," I said before taking the my sausage from the vendor and smiled paying him for all of their food, "Thanks, you can keep the change."

"Well, if I didn't know better, I would think that he was checking you out, thanks by the way," She said wiggling her eyebrows and pushing me with her shoulder. I smiled coyly.

"Yeah, thanks," Dia added sweetly before getting distracted with something on the other side of the street. She had a juvenile way of looking at the world curiously looking at everything.

"Anytime," I smiled, my mouth is muffled with the hunk of sausage. We walked in and saw All Time Low doing a quick sound check. Jack was showing off for someone, maybe himself. "So what's going on with you and Alex," I said lowering my voice so the only way they could understand what we were talking about was lip reading.

"Just a fling," Meg shrugged turning her head to take a bit of the vegetarian hotdog, she smiled chewing contently and rubbing her belly, "You know Alex better than I do, but even I know he's not exactly relationship material." I scoffed in agreement, I didn't like the way she said it, but it was true.

"I suppose so," I said stretching my mouth to fit my lunch and took another bite. I heart boys laughing and stretching their neck to look at all three of us. Dia was already finished and ran away to go read, but Meg looked around confused.

"How big of a bite can you take?" Alex asked into the microphone looking Meg square in the eye and the boys started cackling. I bit down angrily and the guys made a pained sighs. Meg flicked off Alex and he waggled his tongue suggestively.

"Wait, where are you guys going?" Jack called out as we turned to go wait outside where the vans were at. I laughed and finished up my lunch and wiped my mouth the with napkin it was wrapped in. Meg took my napkin and threw it away for me.

"That's what I get for screwing around with a younger guy," Meg sighed and I laughed nodding, even though they were my age. Boy matured slower than girls so technically I was older than them. Someone opened the door and Meg and I both turned as Nick, their very tall drummer mouthed 'sound check', she grabbed my hand and pulled me into the venue.

I stood over to the merch table making sure everything was all set up and I set up the tip jar. I laughed as the sign on it said 'Get Vinny to Vegas' I shook my head thinking of Vinny who I had only met a couple of times. I grabbed a sheet of paper from the manager and re-wrote 'Money for booty shorts for boys!' I taped it over his sign. They started jamming out and I listened, Ryan danced badly next to me and grabbed my hands twirling me a little, I laughed as I saw a boy appear in my peripheral vision.

"Why hello there," I said as I turned to face Jack as Ryan spun me and let me fall down, not holding on to my hand. I popped up and Jack was laughing covering his mouth. I hit him lightly and sat down at my table.

"So are you busy right now?" Jack asked sitting sideways on my table lifting his arms seductively, I laughed and shook my head.

"As a matter of fact, I'm very important and busy, so you can go away," I fluttered my hand away and said sarcastically. He faked laughter and then stopped laughing.

"Seriously, do you wanna get out of here?" He asked wiggling his eyebrows and I considered it before remembering that one word, I should write it across his forehead just so I don't get tempted. GIRLFRIEND, just with sharpie.

"Isn't that what your girlfriend's for?" I asked biting my lip and leaning over the table, making fun of his eyebrows and doing the same thing. He chuckled and looked up nodded.

"What girlfriend?" He asked, I opened my mouth to rant about how he shouldn't be playing games with me, especially if he has a girlfriend, "I broke up with her," He said using his index and thumb to pinch my lips shut. I saw Ryan staring at us and eavesdropping shamelessly.

"Mm-" I started before swatting Jack's hand away, "Jack doors open in thirty minutes, where are we supposed to go?" I asked, letting him down gently. Alex whispered something to Meg when Anberlin came out and their techs started doing their soundcheck.

"We'll talk later," Jack said as Alex and Meg came over to table and Nick was skipping with Scooter, I laughed. Zack came over and was sweaty from running, he hugged me and stuck my tongue out at his nasty sweatiness.

"Well hello, gross sweaty Zacky," I said sweetly as he stood up from our hug. Everyone else found it entertaining, but I wiped his sweat off my arm and shuddered.

"Hi," He smiled shy and jogged off to take a shower quickly. I flipped my hair over my shoulders and felt it cover my back. I crossed my hands and rested my head on my closed palms.

"So party at our hotel room!" Alex called out wrapping his arm around Meg as she laughed. I wiggled my eyebrows at her and Ryan pushed himself to bump into mine using his rolly chair. We all decided on what we wanted to do later and then people started coming in. No one even looked over at us, they went straight to Anberlin and I waved goodbye to Rian, Jack and Alex as they went on to play. I pulled my legs up on the table and talked to Ryan before a blonde, orange girl with braces came up with Abercrombie shorts and a low-cut tank top.

"Who's All Time Low?" she asked rudely and I pointed to the stage where girls came up, interested in a stage with four attractive guys on the stage, after their set finished up Alex was sweaty and spoke into the microphone.

"We're All Time Low, We have a lot of shit for you to buy at our merch table manned by the lovely Ava, come meet us after. You guys have been awesome!" Alex said throwing his pick out into the crowd. Girls screamed and my jaw dropped as girls flocked to buy shirts. Ryan had to help me out as we split the line in half.

When the guys came out I told them to stand away from my table as they half the line went over around them. I saw flashes from cameras and fake laughter. I finished up the line as Meg and Dia started playing, it was a heavy rock song and I was surprised at the heaviness of the lyrics and Dia's intense voice.

"Dude, they're awesome!" I said to Ryan who handed a guy and his girlfriend matching t-shirts exchanging them for money.

"Yeah, that's why they're here," Ryan smirked, I passed a small t-shirt and sat down, our tip jar was semi-full. Girls were talking about how cute the guys were during the set and I was getting a little annoyed. Jack was taller than all of the girls and waved at me over his crowd and I suddenly realized what it was like to get glared at by a mass group of teenage girls. Well scratch that, in high school people hated me when they thought I was dating Alex. I sighed and waited for tonight, when we could all hang out.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the typos, but i'm kinda rushed with school and everything :)