The City Lights

Chapter 1.

The street lights shun above her long auburn hair, gracing her facial features. Her eyes darted nervously, glancing around her surroundings. Tonight was her first night in the city, the “big” city.

She wrapped her arms around herself, preventing any cold air that blew past. Strolling down the street, she found herself at a stop. Not just a regular stop, it was Timesquare. The small crowded area seemed gigantic in her eyes. The lights gleamed at her eyes, revealing a dark green color. Glancing back down from the light, she fixed her attire. Adjusting her white dress so that it looked suitable, and also tucking the strands of hair that fell to her face, behind her ear.

Continuing to stroll along the street, she found herself at a small restaurant. By the looks of it, this restaurant wasn’t too popular here. She stood in the doorway, contemplating if she should go in or not. She studied the inside from the window provided outside of the restaurant; it seemed pretty harmless. Another excuse to go in was that her insides growled viciously. Why not?

Silently she dragged herself into the small restaurant. Tuning everyone out, and heading for a booth. She took a seat, placing her coat on the empty space provided next to her, also tucking her purse swiftly behind her back. One of the waiters quickly was at her attention, as she requested her order.

--

On the other side of the bar sat a small group of gentlemen; three to be exact. Two of them watched as their friend sat in silence, sipping his drink. He seemed awestruck. The beauty of the girl sitting just meters away was distracting him.

“Got your eye on one, Tré?” asked on of the men, nudging Tré.

“Billie, would you just shut up? For just a second” muttered Tré.

The one that was named Billie puffed. He leaned back onto the wall, taking a sip from his drink. The other man, Mike, sighed. Frustrated by the fact that two of his good friends were bickering- again.

“Tré, why don’t you just walk over to her or something?” suggested Mike.

Tré puffed, Mike made it seem so easy to just present himself to a girl. Tré adjust his blonde hair, making sure it was appropriate for presenting himself.

Tré began to walk wearily, towards the girl. Billie knew that Tré’s shyness was starting to kick in, so he pushed Tré.

“C’mon don’t be a coward” he muttered.

Tré grunted, annoyed by the action Billie had taken. Ignoring whatever he was intentionally planning on, he continued to the table; until finally reaching the table.

The girl looked up nervously, as if she had never been encountered by a complete strange. Her thoughts nudged in, telling her to leave before something dangerous were to happen to her. She grabbed her coat, hugging it tightly; as if it could protect her from the danger she supposed she was facing.

She thought about letting the stranger talk to her, or for that matter interact with her. Ignoring her thoughts, she patted the seat next to her. Signaling for Tré to take the seat where the coat previously lay.

“Hi…I’m Tré” he said.

“I’m…” at the moment she thought about giving her name away. She thought about it like it was something special.

“I’m Cynthia…” she continued.

They smiled shyly at each other. Cynthia looked down to her dress, adjusting it again while Tré studied her closely, examining her from head to toe.

__
I looked at her more closely than before. Now that I was sitting next to her, it was much easier to make out her appearance.

I could see her beauty clearly. The absence of make up made her cheekbones look soft and delicate, her lips were plump but soft. She clearly wasn’t from around here.

Some of the girls here were too busy adjusting the silicone injected in their busts, or they’re fiddling with their thick red lipstick. But not like Cynthia, she was naturally beautiful. It was rare to find someone with such features around here.

From the neck down, well I have to say she’s perfect. She’s not stick thin, just plump enough. Her curves gave her facial complexion a nice touch. Sometime I felt so guilty looking at women, especially her.

I jolted out of my thoughts when I realized that Cynthia had spilt her drink all over my shirt.

“I’m so sorry” she muttered.

She grabbed some napkins from the table and began to scrub the stained area of my shirt. I laughed, she shouldn’t take these kinds of things too seriously.

“It’s fine” I chuckled.

I grabbed her hand softly, just holding it; preventing her to rub anything else on my shirt. I could feel the warmth build up in my cheeks. We were touching, and we hadn’t even had a proper discussion yet.

“I’m sorry”