Status: Active

Under a Willow Tree

Dan's Secret, Part Two

Image

Willow sat on her windowsill in her real bedroom in London. She was on the phone with Georgia, while watching her familiar neighbours pass by on the street below.

"You're back in London? What happened to staying with your great aunt and uncle in Paris?" Georgia asked.

"They let me come back so I can spend Christmas Day with my father. You know that I miss him dearly and I just can't miss one of the best holidays with him."

"Oh. Well, how was Paris? Did you do anything interesting? Meet anyone interesting?" Georgia inquired.

"It was beautiful, I have to say." Willow replied, gazing out as the snow began to fall again on the already white streets.

"Alright... So... Anything else happened?"

"I bumped into Tom. And Jade." Willow said.

"You did not..."

"I did. I guess they were on holiday, too. It was a bit awkward, to tell you the truth."

"Well, stop beating around the bush and tell me!" Georgia urged.

Willow proceeded to tell Georgia all about her little adventures in Paris that included her unexpected run-in with Jade, and Tom at the boutique. Willow could hear Georgia gasped incredulously as she unfolded every single piece of the story.

"I can't believe she had the audacity to ask you to be the Godmother of their baby!" Georgia finally said after Willow ended her recount of her trip to France.

"I know. She can be such a little bitch sometimes."

"Sometimes? Oh, God, Willow don't get me started - "

Georgia was just about to rant on about how wildly inconspicable Jade could be, when Willow heard her putrid stepmum yell from her own bedroom.

"Willow! OI! Can't you hear the door?"

"Stella, you get it! I didn't even hear a knock!" Willow yelled back indignantly.

Coincidentally, a knock came on louder from the front door.

"GET IT!" Stella shouted back.

"Georgia, I have to go. Call you later." Willow groaned. She got up and hastily made her way down the staircase. Her temper boiling up, due to the fact that she saw Stella lazily lounging in the master's bedroom watching the telly when she passed by, she grumpily opened the door.

"Okay, look, I know you're here to sing carols but now is not the time." Willow said, expecting the local choir. Looking up, she proved to be completely wrong.

There, Dan stood, holding a couple of poster boards. At his feet was a small stereo. Dan bent over and hit the "Play" button, which quickly emanated the soothing sounds of Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas".

Willow, who was obviously perplexed at the scene, looked over at the poster boards Dan was holding.

In big, black letters, the first board read out, This may be the first and only time I ever did something like this...

Dan dropped that, once he knew Willow had read it out, and presented the next board: But to be honest, I've never really hated you. Never.

Willow looked up at Dan, puzzled. He remained silent, dropping the second board, showing the third one. You are beautiful and one of a kind. And who ever it is you're seeing, I think they are pretty lucky. If you're not seeing anyone, then I know what the rest of these guys are missing out on.

Dan dropped the third board, finally showing the fourth and last one. I just wanted you to know, for the sake of the merry season, that I am in love with you.

He hesitated. Willow and Dan both stood there, awkwardly, trying to comprehend what to do next. The snow continued to fall slowly, dusting Dan's shoulder's with damp flecks of snow. A few passer-by's stared curiously at the scene and at this big shot movie star standing right outside a dingy little bungalow.

After a few minutes of silence, Dan finally stirred and packed all his stuff. Without a word, he slowly moved towards Willow, taking out a little trinket from his pocket. Willow immediately identified it as a diamond heart necklace. He took Willow's hand, and gently placed the necklace on her palm, right before turning around to leave.

Willow Coult stared down at the necklace, dumbfounded. A million and one thoughts were racing across her mind. Was that really Dan? Why is he here? What was all that about? I thought he hated me?

She looked up, watching his retreating figure walk against the cold. Without missing a beat, Willow ran after him.

"Dan!" She called out. "Wait."

Dan's heart skipped a beat, hearing her utter his name. He stopped and turned around, looking at Willow as she cautiously trotted her way in the snow to catch up to him. He couldn't help but crack a smile as he saw how cute she looked.

His attention stuck on Willow, Dan was stricken dumb when Willow reached up to him and did the one thing he had wanted so bad.

Willow took hold of him, and kissed him.

She had kissed him like she had kissed no one else before. And for once in her life, she enjoyed that kiss she shared with Dan. Never - ever - in her wildest dreams, had she imagined being so close to Dan and actually sharing a kiss with him.

Willow broke off first - gently - her eyes locked in his. A tinge of confusion flashed in Dan's eyes, but were subsided with pure euphoria.

"Thank you." Willow whispered in his ear, before trudging back to her front door.

For that day alone, Dan was the happiest man alive.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter, yes, but a big scene. If you've ever seen the movie Love Actually, then you've probably figured out that that little stunt that Dan pulled is very similar to Keira Knightley's final scene in the movie, in which her husband's best friend confesses his love to her during Christmas Eve, exactly as what Dan did to Willow, with the poster boards and the music playing. Love Actually has been a major inspiration for "Under a Willow Tree", and many of the dialogue and story lines are based from that movie. :) I love looove that movie. You should see it, if you haven't already.

Anyway, I bet most of you want my head in a platter for updating so incredibly slow, but I'm here! The reason why I haven't updated much as I used to, is because I've really lost my love for Tom Felton. :/ The reason why I wrote "Under a Willow Tree" was to sort of feed my obsession with the wonderful Mr. Felton. And because of that obsession with him, I wrote religiously. But now that I've moved on from that phase, I don't have any more inspiration for this story. Obviously, I put a lot of work to this story, and this being my first on Mibba, I will not quit and I will not abandon this story! You guys have been there since the start, and you will be there in the end! :)

And, by the way, 100 Subscribers! Thanks guys! :D