Sequel: Beside You
Status: really sad about the zero comments i got but the next one should be up soon

Here, Here, and Here

Whistler

*Eibhlin’s POV*

I stepped out the front door of my new house in a new country on a new continent. It was my first day at school in Germany. I’m an army brat and I was use to moving so it took me no time to get settled in.

The only bad thing about it being my first day is that my dad made me dress up. So because of me loving my father enough to humor him I was in a black, peasant skirt and a blue camisole with a white shrug. Oh, and I was wearing heels. Uh, (I let loose a string of words that would have gotten me slapped if my grandmother was around) they were already hurting my feet. I put my left foot on the first step leading up to the door and adjusted the strap. Once I had it loosened to a satisfactory looseness I stood up and as I did so I heard someone wolf whistle at me.

*Tom’s POV*
I opened the front door and threw my bag on the front steps.
‘What the hell was taking Bill so long’ I thought and kicked my foot slightly. Then I heard someone mumble something that sounded like English swear words.
I turned to look towards where the words had come from and saw this girl, who was about my age, with her leg up on the first step of the house next door. ’Huh, she must’ve moved in this weekend’ I thought, but back to her leg. It was raised and her skirt had slipped so her thigh was showing more than the skirt was supposed to allow and I thought to myself what a nice thigh it was. And because it was such a nice thigh I decided to let her know and I let out a whistle.

As soon as the whistle had passed from my lips to her ears her head shot up and I was silent, waiting for her reaction ‘cause she looked a little annoyed.

*Eibhlin’s POV*

I rolled my eyes and put on a fake smile and said in almost flawless German, “Vielen Dank, sind Sie Art.” (Translation: Thank you, you’re to kind.) Then, in English, I added plain as day, “Jackass.”

I wasn’t expecting him to understand me, but he did and he laughed and wouldn’t stop laughing. I was so annoyed by him that I took off walking down the street.
I reached the corner and saw one of the school buses coming down the street. It stopped and I got on. What I wasn’t expecting was for it to turn down my street and I groaned when it stopped to pick up the kid who whistled at me. One of the older boys in the back called to him and the kid who had gotten on with him. He tilted his head, but then saw me and changed his mind. He motioned to the kid with him and they both sat down near me. Whistler sat with me and his friend sat in the in front of my own.

“Hi, I’m Tom” Whistler or I guess Tom said. I jerked my hand in a way that was supposed to signal a hello.

“Your na-“he was cut off by the kid in front of us.

“Leave it to my brother to be rude, I’m Bill.” He stuck his hand out for me to shake. I took it and shook it once real quick.

“He’s you’re brother?” Judging by the weird look he was giving me I must have said it in English and said it fast so I said slower in German, “Er ist Sie sind Bruder?” After that everything was spoken in German.

“Ja, we’re twins”

I snorted a bit and said, “Fraternal right?”

“Nien, we’re identical” Tom said.

“Wasn’t talking to you” I said looking at Bill, but they both knew who I was talking to. Bill looked at me funny with a question on his face.

“Your brother dearest here wolf whistled at me as I was waiting for the bus” and when Bill comprehended what I said he slapped his brother upside the head. This single act set off a fight that lasted the rest of the fifteen minute bus ride.

The rest of the day went fine thanks to me being able to speak German. I sat by myself at lunch, but I didn’t mind. Sitting by myself gave me a chance to see what everyone was really like outside of the teachers’ watch. I noticed that Tom and Bill (I never got their last name) were a bit popular. After that I finished eating and set off to find my next class.

Later that afternoon

I had gotten lost on my way out the door and missed the bus. I was now wandering the streets heading in the direction of my house (I hoped) or at least a phone. I turned a corner and found a small park like area with an ice cream shop to my left. I walked in and noticed a bunch of kids hanging around outside and inside. I went up to the counter and asked if I could use the phone.

By the time I remembered the number, had it dialed, and it had rung twice I remembered that Dad wouldn’t be home until late.

“Oh, shoot!” I mumbled under my breath. I was about to ask the guy behind the counter for directions when I felt someone touch me on the shoulder. I jumped a bit and was getting ready to hit them when I saw the dreadlocks.

“Hey, you lost?” Tom asked me.

“I hate to admit it” I said.

“Well I won’t help unless you do”

“But…yes, I’m lost. Please, will you help me?”

“Sure” he said motioning for Bill, “Come on Bill”

We walked out the door and head in the opposite direction I had been originally going. Thank God I stopped.

“So,” Bill asked, “where are you from?”

“Well, originally northern backwoods PA” I responded.

“Originally?”

“PA?” Tom and Bill asked at the same time.

“I’m an army brat and I’ve moved around a lot, but I was born in Pennsylvania and that’s where half of my family is.”

“Where’s the other half?” Tom asked.

“Here, scattered around Germany” I answered, “Why do you think I speak German so well?”

“Where have you been?” this time it was Bill.

“I was born in PA, moved California when I was three, moved back to PA when I was five, relocated to France when I was eight, at ten I was in Italy, but only for a summer, the rest of that year I spent in Greece. And before I moved here I was in Tokyo, Japan.”

“Holy crap, that six different countries before you were… how old are you?” Tom asked.

“I’ll be thirteen in about a month”

“That’s six different countries before you were thirteen.”

“Uh huh and I loved every single one” and by the time I said that we were at our houses.

“It doesn’t look like anyone’s home,” Bill said.

“No, my dad doesn’t get home till late”

“Why don’t you hang out with us till he does,” Bill said excitedly, “We could show you our band”

“You got a band?” they nodded their heads yes, “What would your mom say?”

“She’s not home, but she would yell at us if you didn’t come over.”

“Okay” I said and I turned away from my new house and walked towards theirs.
♠ ♠ ♠
new story please enjoy and i will try to get something up for my other story. :)
the banner for this chapter