Sequel: Beside You
Status: really sad about the zero comments i got but the next one should be up soon

Here, Here, and Here

Your New Nickname

*Eibhlin's POV*

They told me to drop my stuff off in the living room and that I could take my shoes of if I wanted to. They went into the kitchen and I followed.

“You want something to eat?” Tom asked as he put a bag of popcorn in the microwave.

“Yeah, sure” I said sitting down at the table.

“Hey, if you don’t mind me asking, you said something about your dad, but what about your mom?” Bill asked getting a soda out of the fridge.

“Oh, um she died when I was ten” I said and it was just a bit awkward.

“I’m so sor-” Bill started to say but I cut him off.

“Don’t you dare say you’re sorry. I am tired of hearing everyone say that they are sorry when I see no reason for them to be. She finally got to see the one place she’s wanted to see all her life.” About that time these two guys walked into the house without even knocking.

“Hey, let’s get going” the older one said just a bit loud, “Who’s this?”

“Hello to you to” I say raising my eyebrows a bit at his rudeness.

“Forgive him, he can be ruder than Tom sometimes” the other younger one said.

“Georg, Gustav this is our new neighbor… uhhh… well she never gave us her name” Bill said, trying to introduce me to Georg and Gustav.

“Oh shoot, I guess I never told, did I” I put my hand over my mouth, “I’m Eibhlin Kristina Shail”

“Avlyn?” Georg and Tom asked.

“No, Av-leen, but you can call me Avy if you want that or Av”

“Well nice to meet you, let’s get on with band practice” Georg said impatiently, “Is she staying?”

“Yep” both Tom and Bill said.

They led me down stares and through a door into a room with two guitars, some mikes and a drum set. “You can sit over there” Tom said motioning towards a couch that was set up against the far wall, facing the guys. I sat down and they got stated a minute later. They played two songs and then stopped to take a break. Bill plopped down next to me.

“So, what did ya think, Avina?” he asked me.

“Avina?” I gave him a weird look.

“Yeah Avina, your new nickname and a combination of your first and middle name,” he smiled, “Now back to the original question, what did you think?”

“Well, to be honest…” I said dragging it out, “I love it! You guys are pretty awesome”

“Yes” Bill said pumping his fist in the air. After that the break was over and they played a few more songs and worked on writing a new one. At about 5:30 I heard the door open and someone yell down the stairs to us.

“Boys time to stop practicing and get something to eat.” It yelled.

“That’s our mom, let’s go.” Tom said putting down his guitar.

We went upstairs and into the kitchen me following at the back

“Hello, Mrs. Tromper” Georg and Gustav said.

“Good afternoon boys, are you staying for dinner tonight?” Mrs. Tromper asked.

“No, my mom said I should come home once in a while” Gustav answered.

“No thank you, it’s my sisters birthday and mom’s making a big dinner” Georg said heading for the door.

“Okay, see you two tomorrow. And you two…” she said turning back to Tom and Bill, but then she saw me, “Who do we have here?” She raised her eyebrows asking the boys for an answer.

“Mom, this is Eibhlin Shail. She just moved in next door” Tom said putting his arm around my shoulders. I shrugged out of his hold and took a step away from him.

“Oh, so nice to meet you, would you like to stay for dinner?” she asked in a rush, whisking around the kitchen taking things out here and there.

“Oh no I should get going anyway” I said heading for the door and my shoes.

“But I thought your dad wasn’t gonna be home until late” Tom said taking a step towards me.

“Well honey, I don’t want you to be home by yourself in a new house. Its fine, I was prepared to cook for four teenage boys what difference is a teenage girl going to make” she said getting five plates out.

Then, fifteen minutes that were spent talking to the twins later a man walks through the front door, waves as he passes the living room and continues into the kitchen.

The boys answer my unasked question, “That was Gordon”

And then when I stilled had a puzzled look on my face they continued, “He’s our step-dad”

“Hey, you three dinners done” Mrs. Tromper said standing in the door way Gordon not far behind.

“Three? I thought we only had two kids” he said.

“Huh, Gordon this is Eibhlin. She just moved in next door with her parents” Mrs. Tromper said explaining it to him.

“Umm, parent. It’s just me and my dad, my mom’s no longer part of the family” I said standing and following them all into the dining room.
♠ ♠ ♠
this one is for my first commenter brittbritt (thank you)
Banner