Sequel: Beside You
Status: really sad about the zero comments i got but the next one should be up soon

Here, Here, and Here

I Hate That

After the hour it took to get through airport security we were finally aboard the plane. Caoimhe had a window seat with me in the middle seat and Tom in the aisle seat next to me. Which is weird because last I knew I was supposed to be sitting next to Bill? I’m starting to think that Bill is up to something and that he has roped Georg and Gustav into it.

“Wasn’t Bill supposed to be sitting where you are now?” I asked Tom as the plane took flight.

“Yeah but he told me to switch tickets with him. Something about needing a window seat” Tom responded leaning his head back and his faced relaxed. I could tell he had closed his eyes even though I couldn’t see them through his sunglasses. His face always use to relax like it just did when he closed his eyes.

“That’s bull” I smile finally catching on to what Bill was doing.

“What do you mean bull?” Tom asks still in the dark.

“Don’t you see what he’s trying to do” I say twisting in my seat to look at him, “Leaving you alone in my apartment while he went to get ice cream, giving you my ice cream and telling you to run knowing I would chase you. And now he made you switch tickets to sit in a seat right next to me.”

“Oh, yeah I knew that” he stuttered out trying to play it off.

“Sure you did” I rolled my eyes and focused on Caoimhe for a minute until Tom cleared his throat trying to get my attention.

I turn to him and he says, “Hey about that first car ride-”

“You know there’s no need to say sorry it’s already been done” I cut him off.

“Wh-what, how?”

“By how good you are with Caoimhe. Anyways I should be the one to say I am sorry and I am” I say softly.

“What do you mean how good with her I am?” ha asks blowing off my apology, “I treat her just like the other guys do.”

“Well, four year olds have a very good judge of character and aren’t very trusting of strangers.”

“I’m lost again” he says still not getting it.

“A four year old will not fall asleep curled against someone they just met the day before. What I’m saying is that you’re her…” oh how I wanted to say father, but all my instincts were against it, “favorite.”

“Oh yeah, I’m amazing” he pumps his fist in the air.

“Even more amazing is that not many nineteen year old boys would be proud to have that title” I laugh to myself.

“Do I remind you of any other nineteen year old boys?” he asks me.

“Not the German ones at least” I say comparing him to American guys. Just then Caoimhe starts coughing and coughing hard. I whip around, possibly hitting Tom in the face with my hair in the process, and pat her gently on her back trying to get her to calm down enough to get breath so she could cough.

“Is she okay?” Tom asks concerned.

“Yeah she just needs a drink of water” I say looking around for a flight attendant. I spot one who has stopped at the person diagonal from us. She gets up to leave them and I try to get her attention, “Ma’am, excuse me ma’am?” She continues to ignore me and Caoimhe continues to cough.

Finally Tom steps in, “Miss, please?” She turns at the sound of a male voice, “Hmm?” and Tom points to me.

“Could I please have some water?” I ask annoyed.

She smiles and nods her head as she stands up straight and starts walking away to get the water.

“Gosh I hate that!” I say exasperated.

“Hate what?” Tom asks.

“Girls who ignore other girls and pay attention to guys to get attention from guys” I was so annoyed and by the time the flight attendant got back with a bottle of water Caoimhe was done coughing and her breathing was back to normal.

I gave her the water bottle any way and rubbed her back as she took a sip. “Is she sick or something?” Tom asked glancing at Keevie.

“No, I pretty sure she’s not. It’s just this cough that she has. It was getting better, but last night she had a fit just like this one. This one surprised me because I haven’t heard her cough all day” I sigh and put the cap back on the water as I rest my head on my seat, “Gosh, I’m so tired.”

“Well, take a nap” he suggested.

“Yeah I’ll take a nap while trying to entertain a four year old on a…” I trailed off trying to figure out how long the flight to Moscow was.

“About eight hours” he provides for me.

“Yeah eight hours is a long time for a four year old.”

“Look she’s entertained for the time being and I’m pretty sure she will be for at least the next hour” he says trying to convince.

“Fine, I’ll take a nap” I give in. I’m just to exhausted to fight right now, “If you see her start to get antsy turn this on and press play for her” I say handing him my ipod, “It’s already set to her songs and it should occupy her.”

“You let her listen to your ipod?” he asks astonished.

“Yeah, she also takes pretty good pictures with my camera” I say to shut him up.

After that I get comfortable and fall asleep almost instantly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Third one today I told you it was coming. Hope you enjoy.
Please comment and rate if you enjoy and even if you don't telling my what you don't like would help