Sequel: Beside You
Status: really sad about the zero comments i got but the next one should be up soon

Here, Here, and Here

Doing the Math

*Tom’s POV*

We had been handing out for about fifteen minutes, learning about as much about Reaghan as possible. I had learned that she was from England, but had spent a lot of her time in America. In personality she reminded me a lot of Eibhlin and I think that if Avy hadn’t have had Keevie they would be a lot alike in style and looks too.

I needed to be by myself for a bit though because my nerves were getting to me. I got up off the couch and headed over to the mini-fridge in the room. I pulled out a Red Bull, a drink I don’t have to often, but I needed something to wake me up a bit. Even though my adrenaline was going it wasn’t going fast enough. I picked up my guitar and ran through a song; I’m not really sure which I didn’t pay attention, and about half-way through it Reaghan walks over to get a drink and stops to listen.

I finish and she speaks, “It must be really hard.”

“What must be really hard?” I ask absentmindedly.

“Being a father to a four year old so young.”

My head snaps up and I’m paying full attention now, “What!”

“You’re not Caoimhe’s dad?” she asks nervous now.

“No!” I say enthusiastically.

“Oh god, I’m so sorry, it’s just that you two look so much alike that I assumed. . .”

I was so taken aback that I couldn’t say anything for a second and when I finally processed what I wanted to say Avy interrupted me.

“Okay well we’re gonna let you four work your nerves up or down, which ever suits you” she says grabbing Caoimhe’s hand.

Reaghan smiles at me apologetically and leaves with Eibhlin. And right before they leave Keevie turns back around and says good bye to each one of us individually, “Good bye Tom” she says and I look right at her.

I made a mental list of her features: Blonde hair (Avy had black hair), brown eyes (Avy had hazel eyes that always changed). I noticed that she had nose and face shape similar to mine also. Caoimhe really did look a lot like me.

“Hey, Bill when is Keevie’s birthday?” I asked randomly.

“I think it’s somewhere in the first week of November” he said not really paying attention.

I nodded my head and started to do the math.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short but I didn't mean for it to be, it just felt like such a good place to end. The next one should be up later tonight, probably after ten or tomorrow morning.
Comments are as always appreciated :) <3