Sequel: Beside You
Status: really sad about the zero comments i got but the next one should be up soon

Here, Here, and Here

Ketchup

“What can I get you tonight?” she asked keeping her cool quite well. You could tell by the pin with the Tokio Hotel symbol peeking up over the pocket of her apron that she was a fan.

Everybody ordered drinks first (most of the orders were for Coca Cola) and I ordered a Sprite for myself. “Do you have any milk” I asked glancing at Caoimhe.

“Yep, white or chocolate?” she asks.

“White, please”

“I’ll be back with all your drinks in a few minutes”

And it would take her a few minutes because there were seven of us. There was, in order of seating (it’s a circular table by the way), Bill, Georg, Reaghan, Gustav, myself, Caoimhe, and Tom. She came back shortly with another waiter behind her carrying a second tray of drinks. We all got our drinks with only a slight mix up (Tom got Reaghan's diet Coke; he almost gagged when he took a sip. I told him to man up a bit.)

Keevie downed half of her milk almost immediately and I grabbed it and said, “Sweetie, save some for when your food comes”

“Do you guys think you’re ready to order?” the waitress asks.

“I’m good as long as you end with me” Reaghan replies.

“I guess I’ll go first, but I have a question” I pipe up.

“Okay” the waitress looks at me.

“This may sound funny, but can I get her order rushed?”

“Well, it depends what she’s going to order.”

“Just a simple order of breaded chicken breast and apple sauce.”

“Yeah, I can get that made up fast for you.”

“Good I don’t want her falling asleep without eating.”

She sent the order with the other waiter and then took everybody else’s. It took about five minutes to do so because Reaghan changed her order three times before I finally kicked her under the table. The waitress left and we all sat there quietly until Reaghan kicked me back. Now because I played soccer all throughout school getting kicked in the shins didn’t really affect me so I kicked her back. This went on for about a minute or so and no one noticed. That is until I missed Reaghan and kicked Georg full force instead. He jumped up and yelped at the top of his lungs holding his shin. Caoimhe jumped about a foot and everybody at the table gave him weird looks except for me and Reaghan. We knew what had happened and when we looked at each other we burst out laughing. She was crying she was laughing so hard and I had to pee really bad. After I had calmed down a bit I excused myself to the bathroom.

It took me a bit to find it and then to find my way back so when I got back I saw Keevie’s chicken had arrived and was already cut.

“Did Reaghan cut your chicken for you honey?” I asked as I sat back down.

“Uh uh,” she answered with her mouth full, “Tom did.” She swallowed and took a sip of her milk. She put her milk down and then when she thought I wasn’t looking she stuck her finger in the ketchup. She was about to put it in her mouth and I was about to say something, but someone beat me to it.

“Caoimhe, no. Ketchup is for your chicken, not your fingers” Tom said taking a napkin and wiping her finger off.

The rest of dinner went smoothly. The food was delicious and Caoimhe had fallen asleep right after her milk was gone. The waitress came back to see if we wanted any desert and I was pulling Keevie’s hair out of her face.

“You’re a good big sister” she smiled at me.

“Thanks, but she’s not my sister, she’s my daughter.” I smiled.

Her eyes got real wide, “I got pregnant when I was fourteen and she was born when I was fifteen.” As I said this Tom looked down at his plate and poked at his pickle with his fork. He looked just like a six year old who was getting scolded.

The waitress walked away after we all agreed on no desert. I turned to Tom as he handed me a sleeping Caoimhe. “Come find me around one tomorrow” I whispered in his ear before I turned to go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here we go again. and because i'm sick of sounding like a broken record i won't say it.
(please comment)