Sequel: Beside You
Status: really sad about the zero comments i got but the next one should be up soon

Here, Here, and Here

Too Much to the Point of Exhaustion

**Eibhlin’s POV
I started to hyperventilate as I paced the large bathroom. ‘What is my problem?’ I think to myself. “Why can’t I give him a second chance?” I asked my reflection out loud this time.

“Isn’t it obvious?” a voice startles me from the doorway.

“What’s obvious?” I ask as Reaghan appears in the door.

“The reason that you’re not giving Tom a second chance” she walks over to me, “You love him and yet you’re still pissed at him for his antics. And you’re scared. You’re scared that he’ll go back to his old ways and you’ll end up hurt again.”

The truth of her words hit me and welled up inside of me. I opened my mouth to respond, but I snapped it shut and sprinted for the close at hand bathroom stall. As I threw up I thought to myself, “This is just too much.”

**

Reaghan helps me get cleaned up. She fixes my hair back to it’s original glory and then mysteriously produces body spray. She squirts me a few times and wipes my forehead real fast with a wet paper towel. She turns me around to face her, “Okay?”

“Mm hmm” I nod, “Just a bit overwhelmed.” I look around and notice that something or someone was missing. “Where’s Caoimhe?”

“I left her with Georg and Gustav” she led me out of the bathroom, “I told them to get her a pair of ear plugs so she will still be able to hear tomorrow after the show” she joked trying to lighten the mood.

I go along with it, “I don’t think it would make a difference, she barely listens to me anyways.”

“True” Rea agrees with me.

We get to the stage just as the guys are about to go on. I look at the watch on my wrist, they are actually late and Tom and Bill are just showing up.

“Don’t just stand there, go, go!” I yell as they look at me. They all turn and Gustav picks up his drumsticks and Georg grabs his guitar, but Tom hesitates.

“Are you okay?” he asks gently. I must look rough.

“Yeah” I answer calmed by the feeling of his hand right above my elbow, “I’m just tired and I haven’t eaten anything but that dinner.”

He cuts me off, “Then eat something.”

“I will if you get on stage” I retort.

“Good luck Daddy” Caoimhe says giving him a quick hug before he grabs his guitar. He kisses the top of her head and he almost kisses my forehead but decides against it. I wish he hadn’t. He turns toward the stage and pumped up the crowd as he went.

I feel Reaghan walk up behind me, “How do you feel about that second chance now?”

“I feel like I need a nap.”

But I didn’t get a nap that night. In fact, like normal, I didn’t get to sleep until 3 am. Then just my luck at about 6:30 the same morning just as Caoimhe was waking up someone knocked on the door. I walked over, half asleep, and opened the door.

“Good morning” Tom whispered.

“Mm hmm” I mumble.

“Can I take Caoimhe for the morning so you can sleep a bit more?” he asks, “Reaghan would come pick her up from me so you could rest a bit more, you looked and still do look exhausted.”

“No, I’m fine” I lie even though I can barely move, “You have to prepare for your interview.”

“No, I don’t” he says walking into our room, “They’re just gonna ask the same tired, old questions.”

“Well I have to get her dressed and” he cuts me off before I could finish.

“She can stay in her pajamas for a few more hours, it won’t hurt her” he says grabbing her backpack, which always has everything she needs to survive for a day out, and then he gently picks up her half asleep body.

She opens her groggy eyes, “Where am I going?”

“You’re gonna spend a little while with me and Uncle Bill because Mommy needs to get some more sleep” Tom explains as he walks out the door.

“Okay” she says and closes her eyes again.

“Go back to sleep” Tom orders before he shuts the door.

He’s right though, I should go back to sleep and I will, but only for a few more hours. After that I need to run to the nearest store and pick up a few things. I set my phone for nine o’clock. The interview is at eleven so that should give me two hours to get everything done. I lay me phone on the night stand right by me head and pull the blanker tight around my neck

“Groove. Slam. Work it back. Filter that. Baby bump that track.
Groove. Slam. Work it back. Filter that. Baby bump that track.
Groove. Slam. Work it back. Space Cowboy just play that track.
Gaga in the room. So Starstruck Cherry Cherry Cherry Cherry Boom Boom.”


The alarm on my phone goes off and I still sleepy get up and get ready for what I know will be a stressful day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Starstruck by Lady Gaga. Please comment, those little bits of insight are my creative sustenance.