Status: Active....but slow, sorry

Angel vs. Demon

Angel vs. Demon 4

I stood frozen where I was at the mere sight of him. Sam grabbed my arm cautiously and I took a step behind her. Their eyes focused on me and my body started to shake. His glare deepened and Sam stood in front of me protectively. I clutched her shirt tightly as he was about to say something.

“Hey it’s that kid!” A cheerful but surprised voice said breaking the tense atmosphere. I turned to see James smiling at me, which only made me even more confused than normal. He walked over to me and shook my hand like crazy swinging it up and down.

“Hey nice to meet ya, I’m James and this is Gage,” He said pointing his thumb back to Gage. I looked at him then to Gage then back to him unsure what to do. Sam elbowed me softly and I shook his hand just barely.

“I-I’m J-Justin,” I said. He smiled to me happily “that’s a cute name.” I looked down at his hand blushing softly he was still holding my hand. “U-uh y-your hand,” I said pointing to his hand. He blushed and ripped it away quickly and put it to his side. “Sorry,” He said laughing.

I set my hand softly by my side and Sam took it with a smile. “I’m Sam, it’s nice to meet you two but we really have to get to class,” she said and started walking past them but an arm went out in front of me.

“Well we still have 5 minutes till class, why not hang with us for a few, come on we don’t bite,” James said. He looked over at me and smirked sending chills down my back. I scrunched closer to Sam and she shook her head. “No thanks, we like to get to class early, gotta get the good seats,” she said.

James’ face seemed to drop and then Gage stepped up. “We’ll walk you,” he said. I clutched tighter onto Sam’s shirt and she shook her head. “No that’s okay, we don’t want to bother,” she said and started walking again.

Gage stepped in front of us stopping us immediately. “I insist.” Sam looked at him then to me sadly. She looked back up at him. “Do we really have a choice?” she asked and he shook his head no.

We walked down the hall with them. James was standing next to me and Gage was standing next to Sam. Probably to make sure we didn’t run. The entire time James was talking to me about something but I don’t know what since I was too distracted by the devil like form standing next to Sam.

I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t know what was going on. I couldn’t tell if they were going to jump us or were just being forcefully nice. What did they want???? The suspense is killing me. I moved closer to Sam and I noticed James started to look a little hurt. He put on a fake smile. “Are you two dating?” He asked.

“N-no were j-just friends,” I said. Sam nodded, “that’s right, ah and would you look at that, it’s our classroom, okay see ya,” she said grabbing my arm and pulling me away before they could say anything about it.

We sat down in the back by the window and Sam groaned. “Jeez that was freaky! I didn’t expect them at all!” She said turning to me. I smiled to her as she gasped for breath. “But that James guy was acting kinda funky, I think he likes you,” she said looking up at me normal again.

I shivered and hugged myself shaking my head. Just the thought of being near Gage made me shiver and if his friend liked me I would be around him more than I felt comfortable. “But hey! Like I said, everything is okay, he didn’t pound you.” I nodded softly sighing to myself.

Class started and ended, thank you god for skip forwards because the class was boring like always. Oh! Except some kid stood up in the middle of class and screamed really loudly then ran out of the class like a maniac. That was pretty cool. Sam and I had all classes together, we’re just that lucky. We walked down the halls laughing about what happened in class before I ran right into someone’s chest.

I looked up to see James smiling at me happily. I blushed and ran behind Sam. He pouted and crossed his arms. “Awww that’s a little harsh don’t ya think?” He said. I peeked out a bit and nodded. “S-sorry.” I looked around, Gage was nowhere to be seen.

James must have seen me looking because he frowned. “Gage isn’t here, he left to go do his job,” He said. I looked at him with wide eyes filled with happiness. “Really?!” I asked. He seemed almost surprised by my outburst. Sam put a hand on my shoulder.

James nodded, “y-yeah, why?” He asked tilting his head to the side. Sam shook her head “it’s nothing, why don’t you walk us to class?” She said changing the subject. His face lit up and he nodded his head like crazy. “Sure!” He said smiling brightly.

We started to walk and he stayed on my side again talking like he just had a bunch of candy. We finally made it to class and it was the only time he didn’t say anything. He only said bye to us and left. The rest of the day he would meet us randomly (or suspiciously) in the hall and walk us to class. And every time he would talk to me about stuff I wouldn’t even listen to. And boy could this guy talk.

School ended and Sam and I rushed out of the school as quick as we could. We made it a block away from the school. We may not be able to fight, or at least I couldn’t, but we sure as hell could run.

I took a deep breath and stretched my arms up high above my head. “Ah! Finally fresh air!” I said. Sam laughed and took a deep breath. “Yep that’s fresh alright!” she said. A black Camero pulled up next to us and stopped making us stop as well.

The window rolled down to show James, of course. “Hey guys, ya need a lift home?” He asked. Sam sighed, I could tell she was getting annoyed. “No thanks, walking is good for the body and the mind,” she said. He frowned a bit and I just avoided his eyes.

“Okay then, see ya tomorrow,” He said and rolled up his window again and drove off. I sighed with relief, he was so suffocating. Sam laughed and poked my arm. “He so wants you,” She giggled. I rolled my eyes “I hope not, I don’t think I can deal with someone talking that much,” I said. She shrugged and we walked home.
♠ ♠ ♠
i guess keep reading then tell me how to find out about how much it rates because i still don't know