Status: Currently in progress.

Hear Me Now

Fighting Those Warm Feelings

Image

“TAYLOR! Get down here!” My mom called. I rolled my eyes, wondering what my sister had done this time. I sat in the kitchen, eating my breakfast before I headed off to work. I could hear Taylor stomping down the hall, and coming down the stairs. I stifled a laughed, and composed my face before my mom looked at me. She rolled her eyes at me, clearly annoyed with her youngest daughter. I shrugged, and took another bite of my cereal. I put my bowl in the sink, and kissed my mother’s cheek, then headed up the stairs to grab my purse, and jacket. As I walked past my dad he smiled at me.

“Going to work Sweetheart?” He asked, kissing my temple. I nodded smiling at my dad. “You look nice today.” I grinned, and thanked him, then went to my car.

“Moriah…” My boss called me over. I had just finished my last photo shoot of the afternoon, and I was about to head out for lunch. I ran over quickly, looking up at the tall man.

“Yes Mr. Yampi?” I asked, slinging my bag over my shoulder. I felt my phone vibrate against my leg, and itched to check it. I wanted to know if it was Kole, the guy I had been seeing secretly. I knew my parents wouldn’t like him, but I did. A lot.

“On your way back from lunch can you get me a coffee dear?” He asked, handing me a ten dollar bill. “The usual kind of course. I suppose you could get one too if you want.” He smiled at me as I nodded, telling him I would pick up a coffee. I headed out, getting my phone out of my pocket on the way.

I thought they knew bout my tat. Cuz mom was being all weird. But it was grades. :)

I rolled my eyes at my sister’s text, but replied back quickly, then texted Kole.

Meet me at Benny’s. I sent that, the climbed into my car, heading to my favorite diner.

“…Then my mom took the keys to my car, which is why it took me so long to get here, cause I had to walk.” Kole finished, taking a bite of his sandwich.

“Aw… You poor baby.” I mocked, rolling my eyes at him. “You had to walk a whole four blocks?” I asked, pouting at him, and bashing my eyelashes. He smiled, and laughed a little, then pushed my arm lightly. “You are such a baby Kole.” I joked, leaning into him. He leaned the rest of the way across the table, and our lips met. I smiled as we kissed, but pulled away soon, after remembering we were in a restaurant. A place where people went to eat, not watching young adults make out across the table. This time it was his turn to pout.

“My parents are leaving tonight, and won’t be back ‘til tomorrow afternoon, you should come over.” He hinted, holding my hand, and playing with my fingers. I grinned, and leaned back over the table.

“Of course I’ll be there.” I whispered, before pressing another kiss to his lips.

“This’ll just take a minute. I swear Kole.” I said as I walked into the coffee chop, leaving Kole in my car. I walked up to the counter, and place my order, then paid the lady. As I stood to the side of the counter, I watched people come in, and leave. One person in particular caught my eye. His hair a light red-brown color, and cut kind of short, his dark brown eyes shone with the same happiness that was shown in his smile. He was gorgeous, and he looked all too familiar.

“Your coffee ma’am.” Someone said behind me, I was too mesmerized by his laugh to notice. “Ma’am?” There was a cough. I turned quickly, and smiled, trying to hide my scarlet face. As I turned around once more the boy was gone. In his place stood a fat old lady who held no interest to me.

“Looking for someone?” A voice behind me asked, as my eyes scanned the shop. I jumped, and turned to see the boy standing behind me. He was still smiling, and I looked down, blushing. I shook my head. “Do you talk?” He asked.

“Yeah…” I mumbled, still feeling embarrassed. He laughed, the sound making me feel happier than before. “Um… I’m Moriah.” I said, sticking my hand out.

“Elliot.” At the feel of his hand in mine I felt warmth. I knew that was wrong, and very bad. But I knew I would never see him again. So at the time, I didn’t care.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment. Subscribe. Something, please? :D