Status: Currently in progress.

Hear Me Now

Already Gone

She was gone. My baby sister was gone. I didn't know where she was. All I knew was what she had left in her note.

I'm leaving, and I'm safe. I'll be fine. Don't worry.

But of course when one tells you not to worry you only worry more. That was two days ago. All of her stuff was gone, her room was empty, and I was on the floor, in a daze. I looked up when the phone rang, but didn't move to get it. I let it ring four times, then it went to the answering machine. No message was left. It rang again. Once. Two. Three. Four. Answering machine.

Pick up the damn phone Moriah! I know you're there. Mom is in the hospital, we need you! I ran, and jumped to the phone, picking it up on time.

"Tay?! What do you mean she's in the hospital?" I cried out, holding back the tears that burned my eyes. "But I saw her last week. She was fine." I sobbed, my whole body shaking. "I'll be there in twenty minutes." I whispered hanging up the phone. I stood on my unsteady legs, and walked to my room. I grabbed warm pants, and a jacket, then threw my hair into a bun. I grabbed my phone and keys, then ran out the door into the pouring rain.

"Is she alright?" I asked my dad as I walked into the hospital. He shrugged, and smiled softly at me.

"Go in and see her. I was waiting for you. Your sister is already in there." I sighed, and nodded. Walking in to her room I froze. My sister was there, bent over her, sobbing.

"I love you Momma. I really do, and I'm sorry..." She mumbled over and over. I walked to her, and pulled her from our mother, and into my arms.

"I love you so much Tay, and I am SO sorry. SO SO sorry." I whispered rubbing her back softly.

"It's my fault. We fought, and she left, and now she's here. She barely got out the door when she collapsed..." She mumbled, pulling away from me. I looked back at my mom, and then at Tay.

"She would have anyway Tay." I replied, holding her hand, but walking to the woman lying in front of us. "It wasn't your fault. She'll be okay." I smiled softly at my mom, then turned to Taylor." She was looking down, so I looked back to my mom. "Give me a minute with her?" I asked, not looking at my torn sister behind me. She pulled her hand away and seconds later I heard the door shut softly. I turned to make sure she was gone, and was satisfied when I didn't see her.

I pulled up a chair close to her, and held her hand, laying my cheek on our twined fingers.

"I didn't want you to find out like this mom. I didn't want to have to tell you while you were here. But I can't hide it now. I know you remember Kole. You didn't like him, I remember that. But we dated anyway. For a few months. Well, we had sex mom. We did many times. We fought many times too, and he left me momma. But he didn't leave me alone." I took a deep breath, and looked at the wall past her head.

"I'm having a baby mom."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment. Subscribe. Tell People.