Status: Currently in progress.

Hear Me Now

I Can't See Anything... Nothing But You

Thoughts of Kole swarmed through my mind. We hadn’t talk since the break-up, and that was two weeks ago. His face was in my dreams, his voice consumed my thoughts, and I wished, with all of my heart, that I could talk to him. Even just see him.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on my door. I was sitting alone in my living room, listening to Addicted by Kelly Clarkson on repeat. I turned down the music as her voice carried through the house. Walking to the door slowly, I sighed, wishing whoever it was would leave me alone. I opened the door and grinned when I saw the Chinese delivery girl. She smiled back, and handed me the food, grabbing the money in return.
“Thanks Hailey.” I waved to her as she left.
“See you later Moriah!” She grinned back at me, and then left. I sighed in contentment as I smelled the orange chicken, and chicken fried rice. I got a fork from the kitchen, and grabbed a bottle of water. Settling down on the couch in my living room I dug into my food.
Another knock at my door came, and I was frustrated. Why couldn’t people just leave me alone? I wanted to eat in peace. But I could see that wasn’t gonna happen. I stood once again, still feeling aggravated. I stomped to the door, food in hand, and swung it open, surprised to see my sister on the other side.

“Tay? What are you doing here?” I asked, confusion lacing my voice, and covering my frustration with interruptions. She walked past me, and to the living room. Immediately taking up half my two person couch.

“I dunno. I just wanted to come hang out. I knew if I called you would tell me you were busy.” She shrugged, crossing her legs under her after throwing her shoes to the floor.

“I would not have!” I tried to deny. She gave me a look. “Okay, I would have.” She knew that I had just wanted to be left alone the past couple of days, and she understood that. But she also knew that I would need someone to talk to. And she was the one person that I was gonna open up to. “How have you been?” I asked, seeing as I hadn’t talked to since after she passed out in the hospital. She rolled her eyes at me, but smiled.

“I’ve been good. Dad won’t let me do anything. He’s afraid I’ll pass out again. Even though the doctor assured him it was just stress related, and then adding shock to it set me off. I had been a ticking time bomb.” I flinched at her remark. Knowing it had been my fault, she sent me a sympathetic look. “How’s the baby?” She asked, causing me to flinch again.

“I dunno. I have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow…” I trailed off, wondering what it was gonna be like. A single mother, living on her own. “Do Mom and Dad know yet?” I asked, watching my hands as I twined them together, then pulled them apart repeatedly.

“No. But you should probably tell them soon.” She replied, turning to face me more. “When are you gonna tell Kole?” I looked up at her as if she was insane.

“What he doesn’t know won’t hurt him.” I replied angrily. I wasn’t mad at my sister. More mad at the fact that Kole got me pregnant, and he wasn’t even gonna be there for any of it.

But I knew my sister was right.

I need to tell him…

And I was going to.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment. Subscribe. Tell People.