Status: Currently in progress.

Hear Me Now

What Do You Want Kole?

“Gabe! Baby, come back!” I called as the three year old ran up the stairs. I laughed when he poked his head back around the corner, and grinned cheekily at me. I was babysitting him for my mom while she and my dad were out.

“RI, RI!” He called from somewhere upstairs. I moved my laptop off my lap, and walked to the bottom of the staircase.

“What’s the matter Gabe?” I asked, wondering where he was.

“I potty?” He asked, walking to the top of the stairs wearing no pants. I laughed, and walked up to him.

“Yeah, let’s go baby.” I smiled, and held his hand as we walked past his pants that lay on the floor, and to the bathroom.

*

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, signaling a text. I pulled it out, and replied quickly to my sister’s message. I then turned back to the stove where our French toast was cooking. I flipped it over, then minutes later put it on a plate and buttered it.

“Gabe!” I called as I placed a plate of cut French toast down for him.

“What?!” He called, his voice high pitched.

“Dinner.” I smiled at him as he walked into the room. He grinned back, and sat at the table, picking up his fork.

“HONEY I’M HOME!” Elliot called as he walked in the front door. I laughed, and stood to greet him when he came to the kitchen.

“Hey Hun.” I kissed him, and then got him a plate of food while he greeted my brother.

“Thanks babe.” He kissed my cheek, then sat down across from Gabe. I watched them as they conversed about cars, and animals. Smiling at them, I thought of how amazing of a father Elliot was gonna be toward the baby. I placed a hand delicately on my stomach, and my smile grew. I was already three months pregnant, and my parents still didn’t know.

“MORIAH!!!” Taylor called urgently from the front room. She had arrived only minutes before Elliot.

“Coming Tay.” I called back, as I walked toward my sister. I stopped in the doorway. Kole was standing there, in my living room, his eyes dilated, and a deranged look in his eyes.

Hi..” He grinned, but in a scary way.

“Taylor,” I reached out to her, and pulled her close. “Take Gabe upstairs, watch a movie with him.” I mumbled in her ear, momentarily forgetting Elliot. She left the room, and I could hear her coaxing the three year old upstairs, and Elliot asking what was going on. All I heard was Kole’s name, and a gasp. I listened to Taylor and Gabe walk up the stairs quickly.

“What do you want Kole?” I asked, not moving. He smiled that same deranged smile again, and I shuddered.

“You…” He whispered as he lunged for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment? Subscribe? Tell People?