Status: Currently in progress.

Hear Me Now

Step Two

*Two months later*

“Moriah! Moriah!” my sister snapped her fingers in front of my face, causing me to jump.

“Sorry…” I mumbled sheepishly, I smiled at her and pushed a hand tiredly through my hair.

“Are you okay?” She asked reaching for my hand.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I breathed pushing a hand through my hair again. I was figuring out the sex of the baby today, and I was really hoping for a girl. Though I knew I would be happy with either. Kole had been on my mind lately, especially what happened at the house… I had made Elliot leave after he called my sister, and cried myself to sleep, only waking up when my sister crawled into bed next to me and lay Gabe between us. Then there was Chris, and his poor dad. All I knew was his mom died, not how, or when. But he stayed with us that night, and the one after. Not to mention the fact that my mom found out about the baby.

”You’re what?!” She yelled. Sure my dad was upset, but he wasn’t mad, just disappointed. I think that was worse.

“I’m pregnant Mom.”

“Get out of my house.” She whispered harshly. She wouldn’t talk to me after that, and soon, neither would my dad. I was left with Taylor, and Elliot.


“Ms. Jonsin?” The nurse called from the door of a long hallway. I stood, the hold on my sister’s hand getting tighter.

“It’s gonna be okay, just remember I’m here.” She said softly, comforting me instantly.

***

Reality had finally set in. The morning sickness, and the weird cravings didn’t mean a thing to me. Not until now, now that I knew the sex of the baby, it was a REAL.

“Are you gonna tell him?” Taylor asked as we drove home after lunch. Checking my blinds spots I turned on my blinker and changed lanes then looked at my sister for a second.

“Yeah, if he wants to know. Besides, we need a name, and everything for the baby.” I wasn’t as happy to know the sex of the baby as I thought I would be. I wasn’t sure why yet, maybe it was the fact that I was in shock, but whatever the cause I was stressed now. I had clothes, diapers, furniture, toys, and bottles to buy. Then I had names to chose. I knew what I wanted but I still needed to discuss it with Elliot.

So that was step two: Baby Names.