Status: finished.

Ophelia

The Fame Monster.

Ophelia was her name. Just Ophelia.

Her parents had named her after the character in Shakespeare's Hamlet. She loved her name and hated it at the same time. There was just a certain magic about.

She was a senior at Bridgewater High School. She didn't know what she wanted to do after school, but at the same time she did. She was sure as hell glad to get out of school, but at the same time, she wasn't.

At school, Ophelia didn't have friends. She avoided people and they avoided her.

Until the day the Cullens arrived.

The first afternoon they were in cafeteria, everyone watched them closely. Everyone that was except Ophelia. They were all so painfully beautiful: the boy with the bronze hair and they dark curly haired girl with him; the buff tall man with the girl that could have been a supermodel. Then there was the blonde boy with the curly hair. No one seemed to interact with him like the others did. He looked around the cafeteria, looking at everyone, but never really looking at anyone.

"Jazz?" The blonde girl asked him gently. He turned quickly to her and simply nodded. She seemed to understand and turned back to the boy she was talking to.

The one called Jazz kept looking around the room until his eyes landed on Ophelia. He let out a slight gasp when he saw her. He noted her tall, lean stature, with skin the color of fresh snow, long dark hair, and then she looked at him. She put down the apple she had been playing with and he noted her eyes. Gold. Just like all of theirs.

"Edward, do you see that girl over there?" He pointed with his chin in her direction after posing his question at the bronze haired boy.

Edward stared intently for a few moments before turning his attention back to table. All of them were looking at her now. "I can't hear what she's thinking...not really anyway."

"What do you mean?" The dark haired girl sitting next to Edward asked.

"There's so much going on that I can't make anything out. She's thinking so fast...but, that's not possible," he sighed, his eyes wide as he turned his head downward at the table.

"Is she one of us?" The girl asked.

"I don't know, Bella. She could be. I think we'll have to keep an eye on her," Edward responded and they watched Ophelia strand up and throw her uneaten lunch away.

Ophelia walked down the hallway, a light skip in her step, ignorant of the world around. She wouldn't be ignorant much longer; as soon as she met the Cullens.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story!
Please, please, please tell me what you think.
That's the only way I'll update.