Status: finished.

Ophelia

We Need Help.

"Jasper! I don't want to leave," Ophelia fought back as she pulled her wrist out of his iron grip. Although they were both vampires, Jasper was still slightly stronger than Ophelia was, and getting free was no easy feat. Jasper turned around, wide eyed, and stared at her. He licked his lips, unsure of what to say.

"If you come with me now, I promise I will explain everything," he was almost pleading now. He know Carlisle, and presumably the rest of his family would be coming after him. They had very little time. A few minutes at the most.

"I want to stay here," she insisted and her golden eyes were hard.

"Ophelia," he whispered, "I will never leave you. Ever. But you just have to come with me. Now."

She was taken aback by his soft and emotional words. He had tapped a nerve for her. Forever was something that scared her; it was such a long time, and she didn't want to be lonely forever. She had been lonely for a long time. But Jasper...he just made her feel, alive and magical.

"Okay," she agreed and offered him her small hand. Jasper wasted no time and grabbed it and started running with her. His mind was racing: thousands of thoughts were popping up every few seconds. The only objective of the moment was to get Ophelia the hell out of Bridgewater. Only one thing became clear: going back to where all the madness started.

****

"Jasper? As we seem to be safe for the moment, what is going on?" Ophelia had held her silence long enough. She had let Jasper drag her through the forest and they were now a plane to God knows where.

"Are you going to promise not to worry or panic?" he asked as he cast his eyes onto the girl sitting in the seat next to the window.

"I'll try my best," she held up her pinky finger and waggled it at him. Jasper couldn't help but smile and hooked her finger with his, "go on, then."

"My father-"

"Carlisle,"

"Carlisle told my brothers and sisters a lot about you. He remembers a lot about you and how....special you were-"

"Me? How am I special?" Ophelia interrupted a second time.

"He said you always seemed so...like two different people. And over time he realized you were. He didn't know what it was back then, but nowadays it's called multiple personalities syndrome," Jasper couldn't bring himself to look her in the eyes. He could feel her intently listening, but her mood didn't register. Sad? Happy? Annoyed?

"Go on,"

"Sometimes you're the vampire side of yourself, and sometimes you're human. It's dangerous because at time you could realize that you're a vampire and we are and you could tell and we'd all be in big trouble. That's why you're dangerous," he finished and slowly turned.

"I am not dangerous. I've lived a long time, longer than some of you, and I've never told anyone!" she protested and folded her long, thin limbs. How dare Carlisle accuse her of being a threat!

"I know. That's what I tried to tell Carlisle, but he wouldn't believe me. But he seems bent that you must....you have to be killed," he whispered the last word so even Ophelia had to strain to hear what he was saying.

"They want to kill me?" she was shocked. Vampires were hardly ever killed. Ever.

"Yes,"

"That's why you came to get me. Because they want to kill me," she swallowed and licked her lips.

Kill. It was such a harsh word. So lonely, cold, and cruel.

"Basically," he nodded.

"Let me get this straight: I'm like two people, and I need to be killed because I could possibly give awaymy our secret?" she asked, although she was already sure of the answer.

"Yeah," impulsively he reached and grabbed her hand, "but I can't let them do that. It's not right, or fair. I'll keep you safe."

Ophelia was shocked that he would just grab her hand like that, but she enjoyed his touch. She enjoyed being with him, "thank you."

"Thank you," he replied, "for teaching me how to live and love again."

She smiled and held onto his hand tighter. She couldn't believe the words he had just spoken, but she thoroughly enjoyed them, because in a lot of ways, he made her feel love again too.

Ophelia closed her eyes and sat thinking about what was to come for the rest of their flight. Her eyes suddenly popped open and she leaned over to Jasper.

"Jasper? You never told me where we are going,"

"I'm guaranteeing you that it's....safe," he struggled to smile. He didn't know what would happen once they got to their final destination.

****

Jacob Black looked out the window of Sam Uley's kitchen and cursed the rain. He had hoped to go back to Bridgewater again to see Renesmee. But the rain had come down so hard, that flights going out where cancelled and some roads were washed out. He would just have to make due on his own.

He looked into the distance and saw headlights coming closer and closer.

"Sam? Are you expecting anyone?" he called into the living him where he, Paul, Embry, and Seth were sitting.

"No, why?"

"Look."

The boys all proceeded to door and stuck their heads out. The door to the SUV opened.

"Oh no," Jacob groaned as he saw who it was, "what are you doing here?"

"We need your help," Jasper frowned as the smell of wet dog overwhelmed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
81 subscribers :)
I'd like at least a few, like 5 before I update again.
What did you think??
<3 Patricia