Status: finished.

Ophelia

I'm Coming Home Again

"I-I-I want to die," Ophelia said as quietly as she could. She figured if she said it quitely, it wouldn't be true. As if the words didn't exist.

"You, my child? Why?" Aro's small smile was almost enough to make her want to cry...if only she could.

"I'm a danger to all of our people. I wouldn't want to put any of us in danger, but I fear I grow more and more dangerous everyday," she sighed and closed her eyes.

"Are you the one Carlisle Cullen informed us of? All those years ago?"

"I am Ophelia Weaver," she hung her head for shame of herself and that she'd apparently been a danger for such a long time.

"You are the one then! Tell us, can you remember anything of the times you thought you were human?"

"No. I only remember the times I believe I am a vampire, which of course I am," she explained.

"And now you want death upon you?" Caius's sudden intrusion in the conversation seemed a little skeptical of Ophelia.

"Yes. I find myself tearing the Cullens apart and I don't want any of that. Nor do I want to endanger anyone else,"

"I don't think we can argue with that, brothers?" Aro cast his milky crimson eyes towards Cauis and Marcus.

"No, what needs to be done has to be done," they agreed. Aro beckoned Ophelia forward and she hesitated slightly. She wondered if Jasper and his family were on the way to Volterra. She imagined they'd figure she was here, they were pretty persecptive. Aro smiled gently at her and she stepped in front of him. He put his hands on both sides of her face and said goodbye gently before her neck was snapped. There was a gruesome popping sound and her head come of her shoulders. Marcus had started a fire in the corner of room and beckoned for his brothers to bring her body forward. Caius and Aro threw the body of the most beautiful vampire they had seen into the fire, where it withered and burned into oblivaion.

"What a shame," Aro lamented and they watched the fire die out.

****

"Jacob?" Jasper called as he arrived at the Sam Uley's residence. He didn't hear anyone coming to the door, so he nudged the door open and walked inside, "hello?"

"Jasper?" someone's voice called back. It took him a few moments before he realized it was Quil Ateara.

"Quil, where is everyone?" he asked as he focused his attention on smelling everyone out.

"They're out looking for Ophelia, we can't find her," he sighed and cringed at the dark look that crossed Jasper's face.

"How did she get away?!"

"She said she wanted to go for a walk, but she never came back. We followed her trail to the cliff, but after that we lost her scent. We don't know where she went," he sighed and rubbed his forehead.

"Oh great," he huffed. Before either of them could speak again, there was another tap at the door. It was so faint that Jasper was sure only a vampire could hear it. It took him a moment before he got a whiff of the scent and it seemed vaguely familiar...like something forgotten in the past.

"She's gone," a soft voice told them. Alice Cullen appeared in the doorway. After all the time that had gone by, Jasper felt the old rush of adoration towards.

"We know," he sighed.

"No, I mean, she's gone. She went to the Volturi, Jazz," she explained and laid a small hand on his shoulder.

"How do you-"

"I've been watching you, Jazz. Ever since I left. I figured it was the least I could do after leaving like I did. Make sure all of you are okay," Alice hugged Jasper and tried to calm him down.

"Why didn't you stop her?"

"I couldn't see her future when she was by herself. Only when she was with other vampires. I got a vision of Aro and her," she sighed, "I am so sorry, Jasper."

"It's okay, Alice. I shouldn't have gotten so attached again. I knew it was foolish, but somehow-"

"Jasper, you're anything but a fool. Love is love, and there's always someone for you to love, and there will always be someone for you, Jazz. It wasn't me or Ophelia, but it will be someone. You'll be okay,"

"I hope so," he sighed and sat down.

"Let's go home," she suggested.

"Home?"

"I'm coming back. With Pierre," she smiled weakly, "I've already called Esme and Carlisle. They're ecstatic."

"Home," he agreed and said nothing more.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so, so sorry for the long wait!
I've been busy with college stuff, I've just graduated high school, and life caught up.
Hope you enjoyed; tell me what you think!