Status: finished.

Ophelia

Epilogue.

"Jasper? Jasper?" Alice's voice called to him slowly through his stupor. It was as close as any vampire could come to sleep. He looked over at her and saw the distraught that laced her golden eyes.

"What's wrong?" he asked as he stood up from the couch and crossed the room to stand in front of her.

"N-Nothing...it just seemed like you were-"

"I'm okay, Alice. I am," he reassured her, as he gently patted her shoulder. He walked up the stairs of their English manor and walked down the hall past her and Pierre's bedroom, past Rosalie and Emmett's bedroom, and past Carlisle and Esme's bedrooms to his own. The only place he could truly call his own. He wished he could talk to Edward, face-to-face at the moment. Sometimes he just wanted to talk about it. Some days he just felt like if he ignored her, she would never have been real. Unfortunately for him, Edward and Bella were in Canada, Reneesme along with them. It was times like these that Jasper missed Ophelia the most. The times when he was too alone. It had been over fifty years ago, but the memory was still fresh in his mind.

Alice and Jasper had decided to go home together. His family had gotten what they wanted; Ophelia was gone. He was mad at them, for driving her away, but he figured that time was what he needed to heal his wounds. Time always heals the past.

He opened the door to their home and the two of them walked inside to see their family, including Alice's new mate Pierre, waiting for them. Esme was the happiest of all.

"I'm so glad you're home," she whispered into his ear, not even audible to the human ear.

"Thanks," he replied softly and let her hold onto to him as long as she wanted. When she finally let go, Jasper walked over to Carlisle and looked him hard in the eyes, "she' gone. The Volturi have done it."

"I'm sorry son," he sighed and looked like he truly meant it, "I know it may not seem it now, but it was for the best."

Jasper nodded and walked upstairs to his bedroom and laid on his bed.

That's what he did for the rest of the week. He just laid on his bed, thinking. Thinking about what Ophelia had meant to him, and how much she touched him for the short time he had known her. She taught him the concept of fearless love. To let things happen however they would happen.

That's what he had to take out of this situation, he figured. To wear your heart on your sleeve and never let a day go to waste, because they could be gone in the blink of an eye.


"Jazz?" he heard Rosalie's voice from out in the hall.

"What's up, Rose?" he asked as he pulled open the door separating them.

"Would you like to go for a hike? Emmette, Alice and I wanted to go. Just us," she smiled and looked past him at the cold, gray weather.

"A hike?"

"Mhmm."

"Sounds wonderful," he smiled and grabbed his jacket off the desk and followed his brother and sisters into the twilight.
♠ ♠ ♠
End.