Status: finished.

Ophelia

The Fame.

Ophelia stared at the beautiful blond boy in front of her. Her own beautiful face contorted with anger and her tried to contain her emotions. Jasper felt her mood shift from curious to major anger.

"A vampire?" she barely got the words. She closed her topaz colored eyes and breathed in and out.

"Yes," Jasper wasn't sure whether or not he should have just pretended that it was a joke or whether he should demand a true answer.

"You think I'm some kind of a freak?! I am not a monster," she hissed through gritted teeth. She picked up her books in one graceful motion and swept out of the room, leaving Jasper behind, looked torn and confused.

Jasper lingered for a few more moments after Ophelia had left. He smelt the air and noticed that she smelled...human. Yesterday, when he and his brother had followed her, she hadn't smelt human.

How odd.

****

"So?" Rosalie was the first to ask when Jasper joined his siblings at their now usual lunch table. He paused for a few moments and shook his head.

"She's not a vampire?" Edward stopped what he was doing and peered at his brother. How could this be?

"I asked her. Tried to in a way that was more funny than serious, but still serious, and she flipped out. She yelled at me and claimed that she wasn't a monster. It was weird. And I noticed when she walked out that she smelled like...well, a human," he explained and ran his hand through his blond curls.

"This is too weird," Bella commented and looked around the cafeteria for the mysterious girl. She nudged Edward's elbow and said, "she's not here!"

"I don't think she's left...that would seem to odd. Who has a class with her?" Edward asked and his family looked at him as though he was stupid. Right, he mentally slapped himself, I do, "well, I'll talk to her and she how she is." Jasper nodded, but his nerves were on high. For once, he couldn't even control his own emotions.

****

Edward walked in his Physics class and looked around for Ophelia. He had decided that he would be her new table mate. He sat down at the table where she normally sat and waited for her and waited....and waited. She never came back that day. Causing the Cullens to wonder where in the world she had gone.

Had they stumbled onto her secret? Was she indeed one of them?

Ophelia flipped through the CD's in her car and decided on some Chester French. Her conversation with the blond boy...Jasper, she remembered his name, kept floating through her mind.

Why would he accuse her of being something so horrible and disgusting? Sure, she wasn't popular or famous at school, but she wasn't such a social outcast to where people thought she was a freak or monster! She was downright confused about how to broach the situation. She was just a normal, average teenager.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please, please, please comment!
at least 4 to get the next update!
Sorry it was so short, but I kind of needed to make it like this for the next part.
=]