Status: finished.

Ophelia

Oh Snap.

By the time the Cullens finally got home later that afternoon, Jasper was full to bursting with his need to talk to Edward alone. Although Jasper loved all his siblings and niece, he found it easiest to talk to Edward. Whether or not it was the fact that he heard his thoughts, they just had a certain connection...one that he was thankful for.

He pulled along into the living room, his beautiful eyes wide as he faced Edward.

"I can't wait any longer, Edward. I need to know what's up with her," he said as nonchalantly as he could. Edward had a small bemused smile as he cocked his head slightly to the side.

"Ophelia?"

"Of course. Who else?" he was irritated at his brother's apparent lack of concentration and ability to keep up, "I don't know why, but for some reason, I'm just extremely drawn to her."

"I think it's pretty simple, Jazz," Edward's grin spanned most of his God like face, "it's because you're into her."

"I'm what? Into her?" now it was Jasper's turn to be confused. Even though he lived in modern times, he avoided getting close to people, and reverted to his old ways. The ways he had been raised, which didn't include modern lingo.

"You're falling in love with her!"

"That's absolutely absurd," Jasper did feel something for her, but he wasn't quite sure what it was, "I barely even know her."

"Well, you'll see it sooner or later, if you really want to know what's going on with her, go and talk to Carlisle," Edward suggested and raised his shoulder slightly.

"Of course! Why didn't I think of that earlier?" he agreed and hastily left the room to find his pseudo father.

*****

Jasper knocked softly on the door to Carlisle's office and hesitated for a moment before he heard Carlisle say to come in. He pushed open the door and immediately sat down, somewhat awkwardly, in the handsome leather chair he had facing the desk.

"What's wrong?" Carlisle asked when he saw his son's anxious face.

"I want to know about Ophelia. What's different about her?" he gripped the edge of the chair.

"She seems odd, huh?"

"Yes! Some days she's really nice and acts like our friend, our days she acts like she's never even seen us before. It's starting to be really annoying," Jasper sighed and hoped he would soon get some clear answers.

"I don't know why I didn't tell you sooner, but I suppose I have no other choice," Carlisle snapped the book in front of him shut.

"Go on," Jasper insisted.

"So, you've noticed that she acts likes two different people. I noticed that too, a long time ago. Even when she was human, she acted like that. I wondered and wondered about it for years, but never could find any answers. Medicine at that time was still severely lagging....but after her transformation, she was the same way. Some days she remembered everything, but other days, she was confused and acted like a complete different person....so after she left me, I learned as much as I could about her condition," he paused and looked out the window and the soft drops of rain that had started to fall.

"So she has something?"

"Most definitely, and it is actually quite common. She has Multiple Personality Syndrome. She acts like two different people, because in a lot of ways, she is. One of them is aware of her vampire side, and the other half is only aware of a human self, which is obviously isn't anymore,"

"That would explain why she was eating food like it was no big deal,"

"Yes. After she left...I was worried about it. I knew she should have stayed with me, but I couldn't find her. It's bad for her to be on her own,"

"Why?" Jasper's eyes were nearly bulging out of their sockets now.

"She's dangerous."

"Dangerous?"

"More than you could think...."
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally an update, right?!
Sorry for the long wait...but I've been pretty busy.
What'cha think?