Status: Complete!

Do I Have To Wait Forever?

What Is The Chance Of Finding You Out There?

"The nearest Ticketmaster around." I said breathing into my hands for warmth. "Oh, and step on it, please." He nodded looking at me through the rear view mirror. It was late November so it was freezing. About 25 minutes later he pulled over in front of a Ticketmasters. I pulled out 22 dollars. "I'm kind of short a dollar." I said lowly.

He looked at me and sighed. He took the money. "Go on. Only 'cuz i can tell your not from around here" I smiled and thanked him as i got out. Great, i'm running out of money too. I waved as he took off into the busy street. When i turned around, i saw the lady closing up the building. I ran to the door.

"No, no wait! Please." I said and tapped on the glass door as she locked it.

"Sorry. We're closing." She said in a bored voice and not even looking at me. She was a older woman probably in her late 40's with red hair and too much make-up.

"Please, i just need information!" I yelled through the door as she started to pull the gate over the door.

"Sorry." She said again. This time looking up at me and stopping for a seond then continuing.

"I just need information! Please, ma'ma? My boyfriend is playing tonight and soon he'll be out of the country! I need to tell him whereever he goes, i go! I love him!" I shouted. This made her stop. She looked at me. I bet she saw a lovestruck young woman, shivering like a lost puppy. I heard a click and looked lower thinking she locked the gate. But she unlocked the glass door through the small space between the gate. Then a small and warm smile filled her face. I smiled as she let me inside.

"Its girls like you that make me soft. I'm a hopeless romantic." She said waving her finger at me. I was kind of hurt. Did she think i was a pathetic, soft girl? But i saw the smile on her face as she passed me which put that thought to rest. Soon, i walked out the building with the address written on a blank ticket in my hand. I turned around to the lady at the door.

"Thank you, soooooo much." I said. She smirked and pushed herself off the door she was leaning on.

"Yeah, well...go get your man." She said before walking back in and starting to lock up again.

"I will." I said more to myself because i knew she wouldn't be able to hear me. Then i started walking. It was about a mile away but i didn't care. I walked anyways. I got to center the cencert of being held and decided to try to get through the backstage. The guards gave me hell but someone who I always liked came to my rescue. Big Rob. He told them to let me in. I hugged him and ran straight to Joe's dressing room. I burst in the door.

"Joe! Joe?" I asked as i didn't see him. I walked in farther to look in the bathroom. No Joe. Then i turned around after hearing screaming fans. My eyes fell upon the TV in the top corner of the room. It was showing the stage of the concert. Kevin, Nick, and Joe walked up on stage. Even when I'm right here in his dressing room... I'm too late. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. But i was greatful. I was here, this close and there was no way that i couldn't talk to him this way.

I looked around the room and softly smiled as i looked through his stuff. I saw his coat, beanie and gloves were thrown on the couch. My hands touched it. My heart raced at the thought of this jacket had touch his skin not too long ago. It was still kind of warm. Then i walked over to the shoes that he must have changed out of. After, i walked to the vanity. It had all kinds of things on it like his keys, wallet, change, chapstick, towels. In the background i could still hear the TV. Nick was talking at first then he started a song.

Once i heard, Joe's voice stop singing i looked up at the TV. The camera caught his face. He looked like i felt. Depressed and barely hanging in there. He looked down at the ground before holding up the mic and starting to sing again. Then he looked up at the crowd. Everyone could tell he wasn't try to sing normally. It seemed forced and barely audible. It tore me up to see him like this. But once the song was done he walked off stage, leaving his brothers to fend for themselves. Joe was coming! I took off my coat and folded it over the arm of the couch.

Joe walked in with his head down. He walked in slowly, closing the door and kicking the couch out of frustration. Then he stopped once he looked up to find me standing there licking my lips. He looked at me as if he's eye's were lying to him before taking one step forward.

"C-Carly?" He asked weakly. I could now see just how broken and vulnerable he looked. I bite me bottom lip and nodded as i tried to hold the tears in the back of my eyes. "You...you're in New York." He stated taking another step forward. I took one too. He said this because he knew i was the kind of person who avoided anything that was too big for me. Such as traveling, driving anywhere to far, waiting in lines, or anything that was too much work.

"Yeah." I said shakly as the tears built up in my eyes making Joe all blurry. He walked the rest of the way to me and wiped the tears that slid down my cheeks. I could see he was about to cry to. Then i opened my mouth to speak as i tried to remember the speech i made weeks ago. "Joe, i love you and you can't just up and leave me like tha-" I was cut off when he kissed me.

The kiss i had missed for far too long was here. It was better then before. It was hard to believe that distance tore us apart. The kiss was soft and loving just like i remember but with something else i couldn't think of at the moment. He's lips moved against mine with more need this time. So did mine as my hands went up to hold his face. When my hands touch his face, i felt the tears on there which told me he was crying now too.

Once we both pulled away he rested his forehead against mine with his eyes still closed. We both stood there just breathing and letting our bodies heal from being away from each other. Still with his eyes closed, he took my hand and put it to his chest before finally opening his eyes.

"Its there." He whispered, referring to his heart. He lightly shook his head. "Its wasn't there before." I took his and did that same.

"Mine too." I said. He held me closer while lacing his soft, warm fingers with mine..

"Every concert, I'd look out into the crowd hoping to see you reaching out me." He said. "I love you more then anything."

"I love you, too." I said back. "That's why i was willing to wait. But i couldn't. I wasn't ready to wait."

He kissed me with a lasting kiss and looked into my eyes. "You don't have to wait anymore." He whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
2/2

WordCount: 1,298