Status: Active!

Saying Sorry Is The Least I Could Do

Chapter 1

Kaedence held the camera to his face with his right hand; his other hand focusing on the nature-made picture in front of him. His best friend, Jake, stood behind him, reading the gravestones that surrounded him. "Dude, can we get out of here? This place is giving me the creeps."

Kaedence turned around and walked up to Jake. He brought his camera up and took a flash shot. Blinded by the light, Jake covered his face, backing up into a few gravestones. He tripped, tumbling down the hill. Kaedence looked over at his other friend, Alyssa, who was on the ground laughing.

"That one will definitely be going up on facebook," Kaedence said to her before winking. She tore from his gaze, feeling herself blush. Kaedence smiled before turning back to the forest. Bright green pine trees and dark grey skies were perfect contrast for a stunning picture. Clicking the button on his Nikon D40, he captured that perfect moment in time. Alyssa walked up next to him, the wind blowing her light brown hair.

"It's so beautiful up here. Thanks for bringing me along." Alyssa looked up at him, tempted to kiss his delicate lips. He didn't know how much she really liked him. "Yet, he probably knows I like him, though," she thought to herself.

"Hey, losers!" Both Alyssa and Kaedence looked back to see Jake staggering up the hill. "Are we leaving yet? I think I have bruises on my ass thanks to Kaedence over there." Alyssa smiled, pushing the hair from her face.

"Before we go, I want to try and take a picture. Can I, Kaedence?" She widened her already big blue eyes, putting on her best smile.

"No. Sorry, Lyssa. This camera is just too expensive for inexperienced people to handle."

Alyssa frowned, lunging at Kaedence. "Oh, come on, Kae. I'll be really careful. I promise. Can't you trust me?" She wrapped her arms around him in attempts to grab the camera.

"Alyssa! I said no. Now stop!" Kaedence shoved her forcefully, almost causing her to roll down the hill such as Jake had before.

Tears began to fall from her eyes as she took a quick glance at Jake. She glared at Kaedence before running to her bike.

"No, Alyssa, don't go!" Jake called out to her, but it was too late. Alyssa had started going down the road. Jake turned to his friend with anger flashing in his eyes.

"Seriously? You couldn't just let her take one picture? She likes you, Kaedence. She really likes you. You should know that."

"But..I'm-"

"Yeah, I know you are. But she doesn't. All she ever talks about is: your cute smile, how beautiful your body is, how 'delicate' your lips always look. This is what you do to the poor girl. She's been through so much more than you could ever imagine."

Kaedence shook his head. "It would never work out between us anyways."

Jake sighed and looked to see if he could tell where Alyssa was heading. He saw her about halfway down the road, starting to slow down. "Oh no...Lyssa, please don't turn left."

Sure enough, that's exactly what Alyssa did.

"Shit!" Jake cried out. He jumped over a few gravestones before running after her as fast as he could.

Kaedence's face hardened. "Stay safe, Lyssa. Don't let him get you again."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay for new story! I've been super inspired to write a lot lately. So, if I get some comments, maybe some subscribers, I'll update really soon :] Thanks<3

xxTamsin