Status: comment please! and enjoy

A vampire always gets what he wants.

Chapter 2

Recap:

I blinked slightly dazed from the guy’s intense stare; it was like looking into a never ending pit of darkness. My heart was pounding in my chest as the adrenalin coursed through my veins replacing the fear. Slowly as the last few minutes replayed in my head I felt myself start to sway to the left. The last image lingering in my mind before I crumpled to the ground was of those notorious red rimmed midnight blue eyes.

Chapter 2

Suddenly I felt someone grab my shoulder and I jolted awake, my eyes flinging open to find an older man peering down at me. He was sporting a navy blue police uniform, his gruff face was covered in dark stubble, worry evident in his eyes. "Kate, are you ok?" he asked.
"I'm fine. Why do you ask?" I said roughly, pushing myself up into a sitting position, swallowing hard to clear my throat.
“I heard screaming so I rushed in here to see if everything was okay," he said, glancing around the room, looking for any hidden threats.
"Oh no, it’s nothing, I just had a... nightmare." I said quietly glancing down at the plush, cream colored carpet covering the entire first floor of our house. The officer knelt down on one knee so we were at eye level before he replied, "You don't worry your pretty little head cause we'll find him soon," he said giving my arm a gentle squeeze before standing back up to his full height; exiting the house through the open front door, closing it quietly behind him.

As soon as the door shut I instantly fell back down onto the warm plush couch. Savouring the warmth it brought, my eyes already starting to droop.
"Oh ya Kate…" My whole body jerked as I whipped my head toward the front door as I heard his voice.
"Ya."
"We have to leave in an hour to get to the airport for your flight today," he said watching me nod my head in response before closing the door again. I groaned pushing myself up off the couch, onto my feet, already missing the warmth, but I sucked it up and clumsily made my way upstairs to wake my brother and get dressed.

I decided to let my brother sleep a couple more minutes as I walked into the bathroom. I quickly brushed my teeth, loving that clean minty feeling you get. Running a brush through my hair, I decided to just let it fall naturally to my shoulders in cinnamon colored waves, knowing that it would just get messed up when I fell asleep on the plane. I lined my eyes with black eyeliner before walking back into my room, throwing on a red shirt and black skinny jeans.

Pulling the door open, I saw my brother’s body lying there, snuggled up to his pillow, as hair splayed across his face and sticking up in random directions. Walking over to the side if his bed I grabbed the extra pillow off his bed and hit him over the head. "Wakey, Wakey Ty it's time to get up!" I said pulling his blinds open letting the sun’s bright rays illuminate the room.
"Five more minutes," he mumbled into his pillow.
"Come on Tyler we have to leave in less than an hour," I said tugging on his comforter.
"No!" He shouted, tugging the comforter back over himself.
"Fine, if you want to play like that then, I guess cause we're leaving and all you wouldn't care if I took away…Coco." I said with a smirk, knowing he would never let me take away his precious stuffed monkey.

He jumped out of his bed, giving me a horrified look, "Nooo...you can‘t take Coco away!" He screeched.
"I will if you don’t get up," I said with a smirk, daring him to challenge me.
"Okay okay, I promise!" He said with a puppy dog face. I chuckled, “okay then go get ready we have to leave soon.”
"Okay Kate!" He said running into his bathroom. Sometimes I just forget how young he really is. It also made me feel bad to know that he had to go through something like this at such a young age because of me. It’s my fault that our parents are dead I just wish he didn’t have to suffer because of me. I thought to myself as I descended the stairs back down towards the kitchen.

***~~~~~~***

"Ok kids it's time to go." the officer said, already taking some of our luggage back out to his police cruiser. I glanced up the stairs to see Tyler stumbling down the stairs trying to tug his shirt over his head, without falling down the stairs. "Finally, now let's go," I said throwing him his converse as I finished tying mine.

The drive was silent, except for the soft hum of the radio, playing oldies rock. I glanced beside me to see Tyler fooling around on his PSP playing Need for Speed Most Wanted, furiously moving the joystick left to right, trying to keep his car from crashing into oncoming vehicles while desperately trying to catch up to the car in front of him. I mentally laughed at his expression, eyebrows knit together, forehead creased, eyes squinted and glued to the screen, as his mouth formed into a serious frown.

Boys will always be boys, I thought to myself as I glanced out the window, watching as we passed high rises and the busy downtown streets packed with people hurrying to get to their destinations. I was going to miss Detroit but now it only held memories of sadness that would one day swallow me whole. As we neared the airport I couldn't wait to start my life over again without fearing that he would come back.
"Ok kids your aunt and uncle said they'll be waiting for you at the airport as soon as you guys land," the officer said, handing us our backpacks that we used as carry-on items. "Thanks for everything, officer…" glancing down to his name tag, "Officer McCormick," I said with a smile, giving him a quick hug before pulling away, and grabbing Tyler's hand leading him toward gate 37.

The flight was pretty long from Detroit to England but it was bearable, only because of my trusty iPod. Tyler was playing on his PSP most of the way till he got bored so he watched UP on the airplane movie channel.

As the plane touched ground I breathed out a sigh of relief, happy that we didn't crash and die like I’d seen just recently on tv. The seatbelt light dinged signalling that we could exit the plane. Unbuckling my seatbelt I stood up stretching out my arms and legs. I really hated that numb tingling feeling you get when you try to walk around when your legs are asleep.

Tyler and I grabbed our backpacks from the overhead compartment, before following the line-up of people out of the airplane. We waited at the baggage pickup area for our luggage to show up. It took a while, but thankfully they were still in one piece. Tyler and I made our way to the front entrance where I was suddenly pulled into a bone crushing hug.
"Oh Kate you've grown up so much since the last time we saw you!" My aunt Cindy gushed pulling me in for a big hug.
"You too Tyler, honey." she said breaking the embrace and pushing her husband out of the way and hugging Tyler, before pinching his cheeks. I laughed at her enthusiasm.
"Hey Kate it's nice to see ya again." my uncle Ted said giving me a one armed hug.
"And I'm sorry bout what happened back home." he said avoiding my gaze. I sighed. "Its ok uncle Ted, at least they’re together." I said putting on a tight smile. Ted put a reassuring hand on my shoulder,
"It's ok Kate, they'll get him soon." I just nodded my head, hoping he was right, though only time could tell.
"Ok kids let's go!" aunt Cindy announced cheerfully. Dragging Tyler and me out of the airport entrance, while Uncle Ted followed close behind carrying our luggage.

 
♠ ♠ ♠
comment please :)