Status: comment please! and enjoy

A vampire always gets what he wants.

Chapter 8

Recap…

As his lips inched closer to mine I turned my head to the side making him kiss my cheek instead. He pulled away, giving me a sad look, but he quickly erased all emotion from his face, the only sign of his distaste was his clenched jaw. I just gulped, feeling his intense stare on the side of my face as I looked out into the darkness.

Chapter 8

The car was filled with complete silence as Sebastian continued driving down the highway. I kept my gaze down on my lap, noticing from the corner of my eye that Sebastian kept glancing at me every few minutes. I was still trying to wrap my head around what just happened at the rest area. One minute he’s this growling, possessive beast, and then the next minute he’s this gentle, caring guy. I could only hope that the gentle caring side was the dominate of the two.

“We’re going to make a quick stop at your house so you can gather up some of your things,” he suddenly said making me turn my head and look at his face to see if he was actually being serious, but his face was emotionless giving nothing away. “Really!” I said excitedly, mentally thinking of how I could get aunt Cindy and Ted to call the cops and get him put away behind bars for good.
“I’m sure your aunt and uncle will be just ecstatic to find out that you’ve fallen madly in love with me and have decided to come live with me,” Sebastian said with a smirk putting his arm around the back of my seat. “What!” I shrieked giving him a look of utter disbelief. “Why the heck would I say that when it’s not true!”
“Because if you don’t they won’t live to see another day,” Sebastian said in a menacing tone, making me sink deeper into my seat in fear. He wouldn’t… oh gosh he would. He’s already done it once what’s to stop him from doing it again.

A half an hour later Sebastian was driving down the gravel driveway to my house. I felt so nervous about what he wanted me to do that it was making my stomach fill with knots.
“Remember to stick to the plan Kate and nobody gets hurt,” he said as he turned the car off glanced my way. I just nodded my head already feeling like I was going to break down and cry.

As we headed up the stairs toward the front door Sebastian placed his arm around my shoulders and pulled me close to him.
“Just smile,” he whispered as he reached over and rang the door bell. I tried to shrug off his arm but he just growled lowly and pulled me even closer.

The door suddenly flew open and aunt Cindy stood there with a smile on her face.
“Oh Kate honey, did you have a good time at the movies?” she asked happily. “Ya, it was…great”, I replied in a quiet voice.
“That’s good dear, and who is this handsome young man?” She said with a teasing smile.
“Oh, he-.”
“I’m Sebastian Steel, it’s a pleasure to meet you Mrs…” he said cutting me off.
“Oh, you can just call me Cindy, Sebastian,” Aunt Cindy replied in bashful tone. I internally rolled my eyes as Sebastian buttered up my aunt.
“Come in, come in, you two.” she said pulling us inside.
“Actually Cindy, Kate and I are kind of in a rush at the moment.” Sebastian said coolly. Aunt Cindy’s smile faltered, “In a rush, in a rush for what?” she asked looking at me for an explanation. I swallowed hard, as Sebastian looked down at me with an intense stare, reminding me to stick to the plan. “Well… we… I,“ I took in a deep breath before continuing, “I decided that I want to move in with…Sebastian”, I stuttered out, hating every word that came out of my mouth.

Aunt Cindy’s face was unreadable as she glanced between Sebastian and I. “Kate, can I speak to you for a second. Privately”, she said calmly. “Sure, aunt Cindy” I replied, shrugging off Sebastian’s arm and quickly following her into the house.
“Sebastian dear make yourself comfortable, there’s cookies in on the counter if you feel hungry,” aunt Cindy said over her shoulder as she led me up the stairs.

Aunt Cindy shut my bedroom door behind me before she spoke, “Kate what’s going on,” she questioned as I sat down on my bed. She slowly sat down beside me stroking my hair and placing a strand behind my ear. I just kept my gaze locked on my hands.
“Kate…”
“I…I…think I’m in love with…him.” I whispered slowly, not being able to even utter his name.

After a minute of silence I glanced up to see Aunt Cindy staring at me, her eyes searching. I tried my best to look happy and sure of what I was saying, because I truly believed Sebastian would carry out on his threat, and I don’t think I’d ever be able to live with myself if that happened.
“Are you sure about this,” she asked grasping onto my hands and pulling them into her lap.
“…Yes…I‘m sure.”
“Oh, Kate I’m so happy for you! I knew you would find your soul mate!” she gushed. If only she knew how wrong she was. “I guess you were right aunt Cindy”, I replied kind of in shock that she was so happy about me moving out with a random guy. “Is Tyler here,” I asked noticing how quiet it was, and to help distract me from thinking about the guy currently seated in the living room.
“Oh no dear, your uncle took Tyler out to get a toy he wouldn’t stop talking about all day.” she said with a smile.

I frowned. I wouldn’t even get to say goodbye to my little baby brother. This might be the last time I ever get to see him again. I could feel my heart literally breaking inside. He was the only thing I had left, and now I was losing him too.

I quickly stood up, not wanting aunt Cindy to see me crying, “I’m going to go pack my stuff,” I said quietly standing up and walking to my closet.
“Okay dear, just know that I’m here for you, okay.” I just nodded my head hearing the door click shut just as the tears started to come free.

With each passing minute the reality of the situation sunk in even more. This was it, I was leaving, and I had no idea what was going to happen to me. I shouldn’t have to deal with things like this, the only thing I should be worrying about is what I’m going to wear to school tomorrow.

It took about fifteen minutes to pack my stuff. I wasn’t sure how long I was going to be gone for, let alone where, so I just packed the essentials. I drew in a deep breath as I looked around my room one last time, before walking out of the room and closing the door behind me. I clutched the duffle bag hanging off my shoulder as I glanced at Tyler’s room. A single tear rolled down my cheek, before I quickly wiped it away and willed myself to go downstairs.

As I reached the bottom step I could hear Sebastian’s voice coming from the living room, along with aunt Cindy’s giggles. I raised an eyebrow as I dropped my bag by the front door and made my way to the living room. Sebastian was sitting beside a giggling aunt Cindy who was smiling like crazy. I shook my head, wondering what suave words he was feeding my aunt.

“Oh Kate, Sebastian is such a charming young man!” My aunt gushed, while Sebastian gave me a wink, his mouth twisting up into a huge smirk as I entered the living room. “He sure is,” I said with a fake smile.
“Well, it was nice meeting you Cindy, you have a very lovely home,” Sebastian said in a suave tone.
“Oh why thank you Sebastian you’re so kind, it was nice meeting you too.” Aunt Cindy replied giving him an dreamy look.

I stood there as Sebastian walked past me picking up my bag while exiting out the front door. Leaving to say my goodbyes.
“Oh, Kate he’s perfect for you! He’s so charming, and sweet. Not to mention handsome! Now I know why you fell for him so fast.” she said giving me a knowing smile. I smiled which looked more like a grimace thinking how wrong she really was.

“I’m going to miss you so much aunt Cindy. Just promise me that you’ll tell Tyler that I love him very much, and that I want him to behave.” I said, holding my tears as they fought to come down.
“I will dear, just promise me you’ll come back and visit soon, okay.”
I felt my heart break even more at the thought of possibly never seeing them again. “I will…I promise.” And with those four words said, I walked away from everything I knew and loved.

---------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-----------------

I didn’t ask where we were going, but we had been driving all night. I don’t know how he does it, no energy drinks or even coffee. The only times we’ve stopped is for gas and whenever I had to use the restroom; but I guess I’m not that much of a reliable source since I slept through most of it.

The thing that’s got me on edge is what Sebastian planned on doing with Jensen once he woke up. Its surprised me how long he’s been unconscious for, but I’m just glad he’s still breathing.
“Are you hungry?” He suddenly said.

I didn’t turn around to face him, I just mutely nodded my head as I thought about how good food sounded right about now. Sebastian made his way off the freeway and pulled up to a small dinner located next to a gas station. As soon as he parked the car, I got out and stretched my aching muscles. I glanced around, noticing the lack of people up at the early hours when the sun was just making its presence known.

Sebastian rested his arms on top of the car’s roof, watching as I stretched. It made me feel uncomfortable, as his dark eyes followed my every move. I was intrigued by the unusual color of his eyes. It made him have this unearthly appearance that suggested he was of another world. I shook my head scattering those thoughts as I started towards the diner’s entrance, not wanting to be under his intense gaze anymore.

Sebastian beat me to the door as he pulled it open and gestured for me to go in first. How the heck does he do that? One minute he’s behind me the next he’s in front of me.

I crossed my arms and walked in, heading towards the far corner where there was a empty booth. Sebastian followed and sat opposite of me looking me in the eyes, but I quickly averted my gaze instead looking out the window. He suddenly reached over to grasp my hand in his, the coolness of his hand seeped right through my skin I didn’t like it when he touched me, it brought out feelings and emotions I didn’t want to feel towards him, but his cool touch always made me feel electrified. I tried ignoring it, not wanting him to know the effect he had over me.

“Why so glum Kate? Your aunt sure approves of me,” he said giving me a charming smile, but I refused to acknowledge him. Why did this have to happen to me! Of all the people to be stuck with it had to be him.
“Kate look at me.” I could tell by his voice that he was getting annoyed by my silent treatment, so I took pride in having pushed his buttons.

He abruptly grabbed my chin pulling my face towards his, as he glared. “Why won’t you speak! Cat got your tongue,” he said angrily as he glared at me. I glared back, not wanting to back down.

As Sebastian opened his mouth to speak, a cheery voice interrupted him, “Hi I’m Allison, what can I get for you two?” Sebastian reluctantly released his hold on my chin as I quickly glanced over at the young girl about my age, silently thanking her with my eyes for the interruption.

Sebastian sighed angrily before looking over at me and smiling sweetly while saying, “What would you like to eat sweetheart?” I narrowed my eyes at the word sweetheart, well two can play at that game. “I can’t decide, why don’t you just order me the same as you pookybear, while I go use the little girls room,” I said in a sickly sweet voice. Watching as Sebastian’s smile turned into a frown as I scooted out of the booth and started walking towards the bathroom. Leaving him staring after me with narrowed eyes.

---------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-----------------

I stared at myself in the mirror, trying to waste as much time as I could, before I had to go back to Sebastian.

There are no words to describe how much he irks me. What with his stupid smirk, and cocky attitude. It just adds to the list of things I hate about him, which seems to be growing as the hours passed, but at the same time I couldn’t shake off the feelings that lingered from the way he looked at me at that bench. The tender and loving way we held me in his arms and the soft, soothing tone he used to calm me down. Damn it, I can’t feel that way about him, its just not right, not after what he did.

With a sigh, I checked my hair one last time before reluctantly making my way back to the booth, where the devil himself was seated.

As I slowly slide back into the booth I saw that our food was already ready, but Sebastian didn’t have anything in front of him. My curiosity got the better of me as I asked, “Aren’t you eating anything?” Sebastian just smiled an amused smile as he shook his head, “I’m…a picky eater”, I gave him a questioning look before I started digging in to my pancakes and hash browns.

After I finished eating Sebastian asked for the bill and we slide out of the booth making our way out the door. Walking side by side to the car, I asked, “Where are we going exactly,” curious to find out where he was taking me. “We’re heading to one of my houses,” he simply replied before climbing into the car. I sighed annoyed by his curt response before climbing into the passenger seat beside him.

---------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-----------------

After about an hour of driving I started to hear a grunting sound coming from the back seat. I quickly glanced back to see that Jensen was awake and trying to push himself up off the seat. “Jensen oh my gosh, you’re awake” I exclaimed happily, glad that he was alright. “Sebastian whipped his head around to see that Jensen was indeed awake before looking back to the road. “Sebastian hurry up pull over” I said wanting to make sure he was alright and apologize for getting him into this mess.

Sebastian quickly took the next exit, pulling into the parking lot of an old boarded up building. As soon as the car came to a stop I clambered out of the car and opened up the back door. I gently helped Jensen slide out of the car as he tried to stand up straight, but his legs kept giving out. “Ugh, where am I,” Jensen tiredly asked rubbing his eyes. I looked over at Sebastian who was leaning against the passenger door, his face filled with suppressed rage. “We’re in a small town called Rushall” he said in a pissed off tone. Jensen immediately straightened up as Sebastian spoke.
“What the hell is he doing here,” Jensen asked sending daggers in Sebastian’s direction.
“Because where ever I go Kate goes,” Sebastian said in a hard tone.

Jensen shrugged out of my arms, standing up straight and slowly walking towards Sebastian, who just stood with his arms crossed and an amused expression filling his features. Jensen walked right up to Sebastian and stood face to face, well more like face to chest seeing as Sebastian towered over Jensen, but Jensen didn’t seem intimidated by Sebastian as he said, “Leave her alone,” in a hard tone. Sebastian laughed, “What if I don’t want to, what are you going to do about it,” he replied in a smartass tone. Jensen didn’t reply.
“Why don’t we settle this outside,” Sebastian suggested nodding his head to the alley beside the boarded up building.
“Fine, lets settle this once and for all,” Jensen replied leading the way to the alley.

Oh. My. God. Why the heck did he just agree to that! Has Jensen lost his freaking mind. Sebastian is like a good half a foot taller and looks like he spends all his free time at the gym! I quickly grabbed Jensen’s arm as he walked past me, pulling him to a halt. “Jensen what the hell are you doing! Why did you just agree to this,” I asked in hysterics. Jensen placed his hands on my shoulders as he gazed down into my eyes.
“I’m doing this because I care about you, and I’m not going to let this guy take you away from me. Just stay here and trust me on this, I know what I’m doing,” Jensen said before turning around and heading towards the alley.

Sebastian pushed himself off the car and came up to me, wearing a serious expression on his face. “Stay in the car, this won’t take long,” he said opening the passenger door and pushing me in. I struggled against his arms, but he was just too strong.

“Please don’t do this Sebastian,” I cried, “I beg of you.” Sebastian lowered his head, so that we were at eye level before responding, “I’ve already let this go on for far to long, its time to end it once and for all,” he said, his eyes turning the soulless obsidian that seemed to have no end, just a bottomless pit of nothingness.

I cringed away from him, not wanting to be anywhere near him when he looked like that. Sebastian slowly leaned in kissing me softly on the forehead, whispering, “Amo te.”

Before I could question what he had said, he slammed the door shut and started walking towards the alley where Jensen lay in wait.
♠ ♠ ♠
^^^Amo te is latin for I love you^^^