Sequel: Pandemonium
Status: I'm back!

Bulletproof

Welcome Home

“I hereby grant you Mrs. April Margera sole custody of Wynter,” the judge boomed before continuing with a slam of his gavel, “this court is adjourned.”
“Thank you, sir,” my aunt nodded with a smile and turned to me. She had a round, kind face and blonde hair. She screamed the motherly type and instinctually I gravitated towards her. My own mother had died when I was young, my father told me she was a junkie… but my father was facing life in prison for a burglary that went wrong, and it was either go with my aunt who until recently I had no knowledge of, or a foster home for the next six months. My dad had never spoken of any siblings but then again, he rarely spoke to me at all except when he was angry.

I flinched remembering his wrath but looking at my aunt, I felt hopeful.
“Alright kiddo, let’s get out of here.” April said, squeezing my hand reassuringly as we gathered our things.
“I’m right behind you Aunt April,” I answered with another small smile. I didn’t know what to think. I had seen her life on television… her son, my cousin, Bam Margera had his own show and their life was chaotic to say the least from what I could see. The judge had been worried about awarding them custody of me but thankfully had granted it with the condition I check in with a therapist monthly to assure them I was alive and mentally well. Anything they could dish out was better than going through the system again though.

We drove mostly in silence to my new home. April had explained to me that yes, their home was filled with chaos and disarray, but they looked out for one another. Something I had longed for.
“I hope you enjoyed the quiet because unfortunately it looks like everyone is here to greet you,” April said with a sigh as we pulled up to an enormous mansion with several vehicles parked loosely in the driveway.

We had made it out of the car and were just about to open the door when suddenly it burst forth and out jumped a disheveled but easily recognizable Bam.
''Welcome to Castle Bam, Wynter!" he exclaimed, grabbing me instantly and pulling me inside.

My heart leapt in my chest. I wasn’t ready for such a welcome, even though April had thoroughly forewarned me of their excitement.
A group of people stood loosely behind him, smiling warmly at me. I recognized them all. Dunn, Dico, Novak, Raab, Rake, and April’s husband Phil.
"So, you're Bam's little cousin huh?" laughed Dunn coming up and shaking my hand firmly. He seemed to be the politest of the crew.
"The one and only," I returned, grinning pulling a strand of burgundy dyed hair behind an ear exposing the several piercings there.
"She's probably just like you Bam!" Rake grinned looking me up and down, his wild hair waving as he did so.
"Shit… He could only wish he was this good looking," I retorted playfully, unsure of all the attention I was receiving.
"Ha!" Bam continued, "You have another thing coming if you think you're going to get away with that one! Boys..."

They had me surrounded in a matter of seconds.

"Shit.." I murmured under my breath and took a step backwards as they were about to pounce.
"Ah ah ah! No Bam!" Missy said coming to the rescue from the kitchen.
I sighed in relief. I knew enough about my cousin from watching Viva La Bam to know that he was into playing dirty.
"So, this is your long, lost cousin?" she asked in a pleasant tone that made me immediately like her. Her dirty blonde hair was tied back in a tight pony tail and she wore acid washed jeans.
"Yep. You're his wife, right?" I asked although I already knew.
"Yes, I am," she said proudly as Bam pulled her into a tight embrace.
"So how old are you Wynter?" Raab asked watching me, shifting his weight onto one food.
"I'll be eighteen in November," I informed him smiling. Six months away…
"I must say my dear child, I do love your makeup!" Dico exclaimed, suddenly getting in my face grinning like a mad man.
"Thanks," I grinned back doing my best to warm up to them all. April was right, it was chaotic. But you couldn’t miss the feeling of warmth and belonging in the air.
"So, there's three rules cousin," Bam said looking at me as well before continuing, "One, don't expect to be left out when it comes to parties, concerts, or trips because we drag you if we have to. Two, there are no other rules, and three, the rules shall always be enforced as long as I am king of this castle."
"Okay sounds simple enough!" I laughed trying to make sense of his strange logic as we walked further into the house. I noticed all of the décor had a Victorian Gothic theme and it made me feel even more at home.
"Not when it comes to living with these idiots it's not!" April said elbowing Dunn smiling before taking a seat on the couch with Phil who waved at me.
"I'll keep that in mind," I said laughing as well and returning his gesture.
"Novak show Winny to her room," Bam ordered before turning and marching off somewhere in the immense house.
"Sure thing," he said winking at me and headed upstairs to the last door at the end of one of the long hallways. Novak was a tall, rail thin man with shaggy brown hair.
"I'll go get your stuff, so you can unpack and shit," he said after he opened the door to the room. I stepped inside and gasped. It was painted various shades of black and purple and had a heartagram painted on the closet doors. The queen size bed nestled in the corner had been haphazardly made with a black duvet, but I could see it was clean.
"Wow..." I said while I took it all in. The bedroom was easily twice the size of my ‘room’ in my dad’s trailer. The carpet felt soft and new under my boots as I walked over and sat on the bed. I’d never slept in a room so nice let alone had one.
"You like it?" he asked smiling from the doorway. He had an addictive boyish grin.
"Yes! It's awesome!" I exclaimed, not really knowing what else to say.
"Good." he said before leaving to get my things.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooo literally like ten years later I've finished college and I've decided to revamp this story and rewrite it a little because honestly, its cringeworthy.