Sequel: Pandemonium
Status: I'm back!

Bulletproof

Blowing Up Cars

A few weeks passed without any incidents as I got settled into my new home but of course that had to end. Missy and I were sitting on one of the couches painting each other's nails when suddenly, we heard a loud bang and several muffled shouts and grunts.
"What the Hell was that?" I asked furrowing my brow and jumping up quickly, causing the nail polish to spill all over the floor.
"No, the question is who was that," she corrected me getting up with ease. It still shocked me how easygoing Missy was. It took a lot to get her upset. Together, we ventured out onto the deck to see what had happened.
“What the fuck Bam?” Missy called out. The boys had, with the help of a crane, blown a car to smithereens and pieces lay everywhere while he and Novak, shirtless, laughed uncontrollably on the ground.
"What? It's been too quiet, and we needed something to do anyways!" He explained shrugging it off and bounding up the stairs to join us. Missy rolled her eyes as he embraced her and planted a wet kiss on her nose. "Babe, we're just playing around you know that," he said pleading with her.
“You could’ve gotten hurt,” she said smartly while looking him in the eyes.
"But I didn't," he said running a hand through his dark hair with a grin.
"I did!" Novak called out from where he was standing below us, pointing to a short laceration along his hip that was dripping blood.
"Shut up Novak!" Bam said turning towards him and throwing a piece of the blown-up car his way only to have missed by several inches. Bam didn’t have the best aim I had come to notice.
"Wynter will you help that dumbass get cleaned up? Everything's in the downstairs bathroom." Missy asked frustrated. I smiled and headed into the house and could hear Novak jogging behind me attempting to catch up.

"What was the point in all this anyways?" I asked curiously as I crouched down to clean the gash once we made it into the bathroom. He leaned against the sink facing me to give me access to the wound.
"Dico's car needed moved and we didn't have the keys, so we simply improvised with what we had," he explained looking down at me smiling that grin again and shrugged his shoulders.
"You just happened to have a crane lying around?" I asked raising a skeptical eyebrow.
"Yeah pretty much," he grinned wider.
"Wow," I laughed still cleaning off the blood where it had dripped down his hip bone.
"Yeah, I tend to get that a lot from women in your position," he answered with a wink, motioning to me kneeling in front of him.

I just shook my head as I pressed on the wound to stop the blood leakage.

"Has anyone told you that you have really pretty eyes?" he asked randomly as he watched me and flinched as I pressed more alcohol-soaked gauze to the cut.
"Yeah I get that a lot," I laughed nervously before continuing, "but thank you."
"Anytime," he said as I placed a Hello Kitty band aid on the now clean wound.
“Weirdo,” I commented under my breath.
Was he hitting on me? I’d expected as much once I learned I’d be living in a house with all these males, but it was still awkward for me. I just didn’t know how to take it plus I wasn’t exactly the flirtatious type. I kept to myself and kept social interactions to a minimum. I had experience with the opposite sex, but these were grown men. Not silly, awkward teenage boys. I needed to keep my guard up.

"What was that?" he said raising his eyebrows. I could tell he had obviously heard me.
"Don't worry about it, Novak," I said smiling as I stood up and threw away the bloody cotton balls and band aid wrapper.
"I want to know though!" he whined standing up. An image of a screaming toddler throwing a tantrum came to mind and I stifled a laugh.
"Well I don't want to tell you!" I returned turning to leave the bathroom.
"Well I think you should tell me," he said getting in front of me and because he was much taller than myself, he was towering over my smaller form.
"And I think that you should get out of my face," I said getting nervous but annoyed. I didn’t mind playful banter, but I had a temper I wasn’t proud of and I could feel it starting to wake.
"And I think I don't want to," He said getting closer, forcing me to take a step back into the bathroom. I didn’t like this. I could feel my hands getting clammy.
"Get out of my way Novak," I sighed and attempted to push him, but he caught my hands and held them to his naked chest.
"I don't think so Wynter," he said seductively before leaning in and letting his soft lips touch mine softly before growing rougher.

It took my brain a moment to register exactly what was happening before my anger took over and I pulled my face from his.

"Damnit Novak!" I yelled pulling my hands free as well.
"You know you loved it," he smirked smugly.
“Like Hell I did! You ever heard of consent?" I hissed pushing past him and making my way upstairs to my room.
"Of course, I have! No means yes, and yes means anal!" he called following me.
"You’re disgusting,” I rolled my eyes and shut the door in his face.
"Those yummy lips beg to differ!" he yelled back as he stood outside my door laughing.
"Shut up Novak!" I growled.
"How about you come out here and help me," he called cheekily.
"Go to Hell!" I yelled, annoyed at this point.
"If it'll get me another sweet kiss from my favorite little Goth chick I will!" He roared with laughter. I hated feeling like the butt of his joke.
"Nothing on this Earth would make me consent to that!" I said venomously.
"Come on Wynter! I'm just messing with you." He said seriousness clear in his muffled tone. I hadn’t locked the door, but he didn’t try to come in.
"Go away Novak before I tell Bam that you raped me," I threatened, laying on my bed stomach first.
"Go right on ahead! Hell, I'll tell him for you! Hey Bam! Hope you don't mind but I just had a serious make out session with your cousin! Tongue and all!" he called down the hallway walking away.
"I hate men!" I shouted into one of my many pillows.
Stupid fuckin Novak.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter rewritten. Hoping to get the entire thing done by Monday!