Sequel: Pandemonium
Status: I'm back!

Bulletproof

Aftershock

“Happy birth-“ the words hadn’t left Jussi’s mouth before I was inches away from his face, murderous thoughts racing in my mind and threatening to spill out of my mouth.

“If you touch my girlfriend again, I’ll kick your fucking teeth in Jussi. Understood?” I growled, towering over him and grabbing the front of his shirt while he gave me a confused and shocked look. I could smell the sharp scent of alcohol; he was already drunk.

“Ville friend, I can assure you,” he slurred, trying to pry himself away, “it was just for fun. I meant nothing by it!”

“Ville, let him go please,” Wynter pleaded, at my side in an instant tugging on my arm. I watched Bam and Jyrki make their way up to us as well, ready to break up the situation.

“If I catch you so much as looking at her, there won’t be another warning friend,” I emphasized the last word, releasing the smaller man in front of me as he backed away. How dare he even use such a word against me after betraying me!

“Keep your whore in check Ville and maybe she won’t come crawling into my lap next time,” he boasted just as I turned to walk away. I happened to glance down at Wynter and saw her face fall, her mouth in a surprised ‘O’ shape.
Oh fuck no.
___________________________________

“Darling I’m sorry,” I begged as Wynter stood with her back to me. We were alone outside the bar. I rolled my eyes as she ignored me, her arms crossed tightly in front of her.

“Wynter, you’re the only woman I’ve ever met who would get angry about her man fighting for her honor,” I remarked, lighting a cigarette and taking a quick drag, sitting down on the cold metal bench.

“Yeah well not everybody wants to be fought over like some damsel in distress,” she replied. The malice in her tone stung.

“I never said you were a damsel in distress. I know you can handle your own, that’s half your charm… besides, Jussi can cover up that black eye with all that eyeliner he loves to wear,” I tried jokingly, stretching out my legs and crossing them, allowing my arm to rest leisurely along the back of the bench while I watched her through the swirling smoke floating from the cancer stick in my hand. I hated that she was angry with me but the animalistic male in me was roaring deafeningly in approval for defending my mate.

“That’s not funny,” she snipped. I watched as her body shook, her thin frame being blasted by the infamous Helskini wind. I wanted to wrap my arms around her and warm her cold flesh with my own, but I knew better than to approach her when she was like this, unless I wanted a shiner to match Jussi’s.

“Love will you at least accept my coat? I can see you’re freezing,” I said, watching as she shivered again at a particularly strong gust blew her hair sideways, exposing the delicate skin of her neck. I hated to cover up the view- and fuck there was much to see, but the maternal instinct overrode my hormones.

She wordlessly stuck out her hand without looking at me.

I did my best to not smile at her temper tantrum as I shrugged out of my peacoat and leaned forward to hand it to her. I was thankful I’d been smart and worn warm clothes, consisting of my favorite black jeans and a maroon button up dress shirt. I would let her have her moment, I wasn’t one to tell someone how to feel, but she was so adorable even still.

She grudgingly slipped her small arms through the sleeves and pulled the black wool garment around her, and I smirked as I watched her nestle down into it, enjoying the warmth whether she wanted to admit it or not.

“Sweetheart won’t you please come talk to me?” I asked, trying another approach. I knew she wouldn’t stay angry with me forever, but the night was young, and I didn’t want our last night together spent this way.

I could all but hear her roll her eyes before she gave in and reluctantly joined me on the bench. I rolled my head aside to look at her, her face still pointed ahead, avoiding eye contact.

“Minum kulta I hate that you’re angry with me,” I crooned using her favorite pet name, letting my arm that was previously resting against the bench travel to the curve of her neck.

“Stop that,” she snapped halfheartedly but didn’t shake me off. I grinned, noticing she was coming around.

“Stop what?” I asked mock-innocently as I let my hand travel up until it was cupped against her cheek and then stopped once she leaned into my touch.

“You know what you’re doing,” she answered, all traces of ferocity leaving her tone as she grabbed my hand with both of hers and nuzzled against it affectionately. “You’re terrible at this.”

“Well I’d say it’s working pretty well, it managed to calm the savage beast didn’t it?” I jested, closing the distance between us and wrapping my arms around her, which she allowed.

“I’m sorry I upset you. I know how you feel about violence and it was stupid of me to act such a way, even if he deserved it,” I apologized genuinely, although I would never admit I would happily do it again a thousand times to any man, friend or foe who would dishonor my sweet Wynter. But I had her in my arms and was in no hurry to start another argument.

“You’re pushing it Valo,” she replied sternly but turned to meet my gaze with a half-smile.

“You would have me any other way?” I questioned, leaning down to kiss her.

“Probably not,” she managed just before our lips met, stilling for a moment before moving harmoniously as it deepened.

“Can we go enjoy our night now?” I asked hopefully as we broke contact a few moments later.

“I guess so. You owe me a drink for the trouble,” she smirked back, her eyes gleaming.

“I’m on it my love,” I replied, grabbing her hand and pulling myself up, with her in tow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Beep Boop