Sequel: Pandemonium
Status: I'm back!

Bulletproof

Broken Promises. And Ribs

So it turned out that Bam was wrong. Mum mum did like me...I think..
We arrived at the small suburban home to Mum mum sitting on the front porch swing smoking a cigarette.
"Bam what are you doing here?!" she screeched from where she was sitting.
"Mum mum this is Wynter, you're long lost granddaughter," Bam explained, introducing me before shrinking back a little. It was obvious they were as intimidated as I was.
"Well come up here!" she commanded and Bam pushed me forward since my feet seemed to be frozen where they were.
"What's your name girl?" she croaked while putting out her cancer stick with a stomp of her foot.
"Wynter ma'am," I stuttered nervously.
"You a virgin?" she growled menacingly. She had me scared stiff.
"Yes ma'am," I answered while the others snickered, and I heard someone mention Ville’s name.
"Got any tattoos?" she returned. What was this? Twenty-one questions?
"No ma'am..." I lied. Not any that anyone could see anyways…
"You sure this is your cousin Bam?" she frowned at him.
"Yes Mum mum," he was somewhat annoyed that she hadn't chewed off my head I'm sure.
"Well stay outta trouble and we'll get along," she warned gruffly glancing my way.
"We have to go now Mum mum but it was good to see you!" Bam said turning as everyone else did, eager to leave as soon as possible.
"Thank God that's over!" Dunn muttered.
"Let's go," Bam said rushing to the car briskly and we all piled into the limo and made our way back to Castle Bam.
-------
"Wynter… wake up!" a voice woke me from my dream.
"Whaaat!?" I groaned rolling over.
"It's time to get up! You've got school today!" Alina reminded me, her voice much too excited.
"Alright I'm up!" I opened my eyes. Can't a girl get some sleep without getting woken up every other day?

"Good! Now come on!" she whined pulling at my arm. I had promised her and Missy they could play dress up with me for my first day.
I sat up to shut her up as the woman threw clothes at me just as Missy came in and flicked the light on.
“Here, let me help,” Missy laughed, pulling me out of bed. They had me dressed and ready surprisingly in about thirty minutes.
"Wow...nice job ladies..." I complemented as I looked in the mirror. I was wearing a black and red corset style shirt with black skinny jeans that looked as though they were panted on.
“You're just saying that!" Missy said bashfully.
"Dead serious," I answered, checking out the perfectly symmetrical cat eye Missy had done.
"Well we have to go!" our Russian friend reminded us.
The three of us got into the Hummer and drove out to the high school that would be my prison for the next four months. Thankfully I only had to do one semester to graduate.
"Oh joy," I sighed when we pulled up.
"Bye Winny!" the girls all called out the window as I grinned back at them.
"Bye guys!" I yelled back as they pulled away and I walked into the large, old building with my peers.
"Hello sexy," someone called behind me.
I turned to see a tall, skinny guy dressed in skinny jeans and a Hawthorn Heights tee shirt coming up to me.
"Hi," he said with a grin, clearly appeased with himself for getting my attention.
"Hello," I answered, trying to be polite but already bored with the conversation.
"I'm Aiden," he introduced.
"That's nice to know," I answered leaning against a wall nonchalantly. We were in the cafeteria waiting to be dismissed to our first period classes.
"What's your name?" he asked leaning next to me.
"Wynter," I replied yawning. Clearly this guy didn’t pick up on social ques.
"You're new,” he accused, clearly grasping for straws.
"Yep," I said confirming his suspicions.
"Do you have a boyfriend?" he asked, leaning towards me and trying to be seductive. I choked back a laugh.
"Nope," I answered and stopped him when he leaned in a bit too close for my liking.
"Come on now, don't be like that," he whined.
"Okay listen up Emo boy and listen good. I'm not interested and never will be. I don't know you and don't plan to get to know you so back off." I growled, my temper getting the best of me. As sad as it was to admit it, all I could think about was Ville even now.
"Okay goddamn!" He said defeatedly slinking away just as a girl with black and blonde hair came up to me wearing an Avenged Sevenfold baggy tee shirt and Tripps.
"Damn girl, we are going to get along famously!" she beamed before introducing herself "I'm Bingo."
"I'm Wynter," I said smiling at her. I could already see us becoming friends.
"We've got a few classes together!" she said bouncily as she grabbed my schedule. I could see why they called her Bingo.
"Great!" I grinned as we began walking toward our shared homeroom.
"I can't wait to show you our other friends!" she said as we entered a small room and sat down. I was feeling less nervous already.
"Wynter, this is Hayden and Damian. And yes, they are twins," she said introducing me to the two guys in front of us.
They looked identical besides the fact Hayden had long white hair with the tips dyed bloody red while Damian’s was short and royal purple.
"Class pay attention!" the elderly teacher woman screeched like a vulture capturing our attention.

"Bye guys!" I waved as Hayden and Damien left for the day. I had made it through my first day at a new school and was feeling confident and I had made friends. I stood at the walkway with Bingo and waited until a candy red Hummer appeared.
"Finally!" I joked playfully as I got in only to see Novak looking at the road ahead seriously.
"Where's everyone else?" I asked curious as we pulled out.
"Home," he said curtly never looking at me.
"Whelp his is awkward," I thought to myself shifting uncomfortably. I hadn’t seen him except in passing up until now. He had made it known he was avoiding me at all costs even though what had happened between the two of us had happened nearly two months ago.
"We need to talk," he said pulling off the road suddenly and removing his dark sunglasses.
"About?" I looked at him confused.
"Don't you think that we're being immature about all this?" he pointed out, waving his hand between us.
"You’ve been avoiding me Novak. That’s on you,” I said, taking on an angry tone.
“Can we at least try to be friends?" he asked begging, "I miss you.”
“That’s fine by me but on the condition, you keep your hands to yourself,” I demanded, looking him in the eyes. He looked more tired than normal.
“Fine,” his spirit seemed to diminish a bit at the idea.
“And you understand that we are friends. Just friends,” I reminded him, putting emphasis on the word.
"Alright let's get home," he grinned easily cutting in front of a small blue Toyota while it honked its’ protest and I just laughed and shook my head.
"How was school?" he asked glancing my way.
"It was alright except for the shit load of homework I've got," I grimaced looking down at my bookbag.
"That sucks," he said symmetrically as he parked directly in front of the mansion.
"Eh, I'll live," I answered as we entered the house and I set my bag down and we walked into the living room where Dico and Dunn sat by the fireplace roasting marshmallows with unbent coat hangers.
"You're still alive!" Dico exclaimed waving his hanger in the air happily, making bits of burned fluff fly everywhere.
"And with Novak?" Dunn added confused.
"We're friends now," I laughed.
"I'm totally over her. Besides your little friend you were with today isn't too bad looking," he said with a wicked glint in his eyes as I laughed. I was certainly going to tell Bingo about that.
"Where's Bam?" Novak asked looking at Dunn for an answer.
"In the backyard," he managed through a mouthful of melted marshmallow fluff.
"Thanks. And Wynter?" he said stepping closer.
"Yeah?" I said turning just as he ran his tongue over my face.
"Eww!" I laughed swiping at him playfully but he easily avoided me.
"Love you too!" he grinned walking away.
"Ew..." I repeated as I wiped his saliva off my cheek and looked around for Missy.
"Missy's grocery shopping," Dunn said answering my unspoken question.
"Okay," I said walking up to my room slowly.
I let my stereo blare 'A Gothic Romance' while I sat on my bed and answered a text message from Bingo.
“Hey there! What r u doing?”
“nothing much. In my room chillen. U?” And pressed send while rolling onto my stomach.
“Babysitting my lil sister and bro while my mum shops 4 2morrow”
“What happens then?” I sent.
“D8 with new bf. ugh...” I could picture her rolling her eyes. She had told me about how her parents had divorced recently and her mother was taking full advantage of her new sexual freedom.
We talked for a little bit longer but soon she had to go because apparently her little brother had caught the cat's tail on fire.
I had just put my phone down when Novak came strutting into my room fully naked.
"Oh my God!" I yelled clamping my hands over my eyes.
"What? You don't like what you see?" he laughed.
"No! Now get some clothes on or get out!" I commanded, “we literally JUST had this talk about boundaries!”
He started to move around, and I peeked, only to see him over at my closet, pulling out a pair of my good jeans and attempted to pull them on but the only came up to his upper thighs before they were stuck.
"Now I'll go," he teased trying to hobble away but not before I tackled him. Bam came in suddenly and pulled me off him and they both ran out of the room laughing as I chased them, determined to retrieve my pants.
"Novak I swear to god!" I shouted as they both stopped. I didn't stop in time and ran right into Novak and we both flipped over one of the couches. I heard a sickening crack as he landed on top of me.
He hopped up immediately as I held my chest as wave after wave of pain washed through my body.
"Can you stand up?" Bam said concerned, holding out his hand as everyone came into the room.
"No it hurts too much," I admitted pitifully as I attempted to grab his hand only to yelp in pain and fall back down.
"What is going on in here!?" Missy came in still with her coat on.
"I think my ribs are broken, " I informed her as she bent down next to me.
"Dunn and Rake get her out to the Lambo but be careful." she ordered, and they were promptly at my side, picking me up gingerly and helping into the still warm sports car carefully as Missy hopped in the driver's seat and pulled out before asking for an explanation.
I told her about how Bam and Novak and how we had been running around just messing around, but things turned nasty when we fell down and Novak's fat ass had landed on me.
She just shook her head, finding it humorous but irritated all the same that we weren’t more careful.
"I'm sorry about all this Missy, I should have been more careful," I said as we pulled into the hospital parking lot.
"It's not your fault Wynter, I'm going to kill Bam and Novak though for this," she warned grinning as we made our way into the emergency room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two chapters in a single day look at me :)