Pushing My Limits

Venti

Zacky sat at the counter, a beer in his hands as Jacoby anxiously paced across the kitchen, "So what's this about, Zack?" He asked and Zacky sighed.

"Kathrine hasn't been doing so well lately," He said.

"Like how?" Jacoby asked. He had known Kathrine since she was five, and had become a close family friend of hers.

"Ever since we got back from tour she's just become this person we don't even recognize. She's failing almost all of her classes, she could care less if she gets in trouble at school, and she doesn't even sing anymore," He explained.

"Doesn't sing?" Jacoby was in shock. To hear that Kathrine hadn't been singing, is like saying Avenged Sevenfold didn't make music.

"We haven't heard her sing since that one night we all got together after that one show, remember?"

"Yeah, I do," He replied softly, "So what does this have to do with Liz?" He asked.

"Today, I tried to get Kat to tell me what's wrong. She broke down on me, Man. It took us three hours to get her to bed. It was ridiculous. After she was asleep, I asked Alex what had been going on. They talk often, and I had a feeling she knew something," Zacky took a pause, "She told me that one day she had asked what I asked her, and all Kathrine could say was the name 'Elizabeth Greenway'," He finished.

"Do you think she saw something and is just afraid to speak up?" Jacoby asked, taking a swig of his beer.

"That's what I'm assuming for now," Zacky followed.

"Well, then what do you need my help for? Go to the police," He suggested but Zack shook his head.

"I want to know more about Elizabeth, Coby. I need to know what she was like, who she hung out with on tour, and how she could have possibly known Kathrine."

"Well, we've always been close," His friend started, "She's my only niece. My sister's only child, and I treated her like another daughter. She had always been a fan of my music, so three years ago I brought her out on tour to sell some merch. She loved it, and had always come back every summer tour with us," He was almost choking on his tears as he remembered his niece growing up.

"Do you know who she hung out with on tour? Who her friends were?" Zacky asked.

"She had one friend named Danielle who was in merch too," Jacoby replied.

"Danielle?" He questioned, "The girl who was sent to a mental hospital after tour?"

"That's the one. Anyways," Jacoby paused, "There were two guys she had talked to a lot. They were roadies for Avenged, I think. One was named Elliot and the other Chris. From time to time their younger brother, Mark, would come out and she would hang out with him a lot too."

"What were their last names?" Zacky asked.

"I know Danielle's was Cordova. I can't really remember the guys' names. I think it was Morse or something like that," Jacoby shrugged.

"I remember the Chris guy, but I can't remember who Elliot was," Zacky noted.

"He wandered a lot. I know Liz really liked this Elliot guy. Once she disappeared I tried getting in contact with him, and eventually got a hold of Chris a while back. He said Elliot had taken off to tour with someone else," Coby explained.

"Any idea who he's touring with?" Zack asked and he shrugged.

"I think he was bull-shitting to be honest. That kid is probably in rehab or homeless."

"Do you trust this Chris kid?"

"Not really," He paused, "When I talked to him I could tell he was hiding something. Liz always told me how much she trusted Elliot and how she liked him. My guess is that Elliot isn't the bad guy here."

"Have you told the police yet?"

"I told them about Chris and Elliot. They brought in both of them and their brother Mark for an interrogation. They didn't have enough evidence to name them suspects."

"I think we're getting to something, Coby."

"You really think so, Zacky?" The poor soul had been hopeless for the past seven months, and any form of new evidence just didn't seem possible in this case.

"I can feel something in my gut."

^^^^^

"How are you?" Chris asked as he leaned over the wooden railings of the dock.

"Okay, I guess," I replied, copying his motions. Salty air blew in our hair, and the crashing waves below us had made me feel at ease.

"Are you going to come home anytime soon?" He asked and I shrugged.

"I don't know. I like it here. I've missed my mom more and more as I got older, and I like spending time with her," I replied and he gave me a stern look.

"But that's not the only reason why you're here," He noted and I sighed.

"It's hard when everyone ignores what's really happening. Now they act like they care just because I've let them know something is wrong," I scoffed, "I want to go away for a while."

"Well, maybe over summer Val will let you come with me and Chris," He suggested.

"You and Mark?" I questioned.

"Yeah. It'll be fun. We can to go some Angel games, hang out... You know," He smiled and I shrugged.

"I think that'll be fun."

"Kathrine, there is something I need to tell you," He trailed off and I smirked.

"I knew you didn't drive all this way just to see my pretty face," I shook my head and he turned to me.

"I'll drive a thousand miles to see your pretty face," He smiled and I sighed.

"What is it?" I asked and he bit his lip.

"Well, for starters, I never told you that I once talked to the police..."

"You what?!" I yelled and he shushed me with a finger to my lips.

"I didn't tell them anything about you. This happened shortly after we returned home, so I didn't know much then anyways," He explained.

"Did they talk to Elliot too?" I asked.

"This might be hard on you, Kat..." He trailed off.

"What is it?" I asked anxiously.

"Well, Jacoby was the one that had the police come after us. After they brought us into custody, Coby told the cops that he didn't think it was Elliot because he thought he was a good kid," He paused, "They let him walk without interrogation."

"Jacoby did this!?" I yelled and he put his hands on my shoulders.

"Kathrine, calm down. You have to remember that Jacoby doesn't know anything. He doesn't know us."

"Yeah, but if my niece just got killed then I wouldn't trust anyone!" I exclaimed and he exhaled slowly.

"He doesn't know Elizabeth is dead, Kathrine," He stopped, "And I think it's wrong to keep him in the dark," He said sharply. I remained silent for a few minutes.

"You staying here tonight?" I asked.

"Yeah," He answered shortly, "I'm going to head up right now. You need anything before I do?" He asked and I shook my head.

"I'm going to bed too."

"Are you sure you're alright, Kathrine?"

"Not really."

Chris turned around and headed up the stairs after saying goodnight to Val, Gena, and Alex. Zacky had left after I had fallen asleep earlier and hasn't returned since. I'm assuming he's off telling what he thinks he knows to Dad, trying to get some answers. Maybe this was better. Maybe if they find out- I won't have to tell them anything. Things will be easier that way. Things will be easier without me there.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry about earlier! i posted this chapter but something happened and only half was posted. me being the idiot i am didn't save it when i wrote it in drafts, so i had to rewrite the second half again. lamesauce! ugh, it was so frustrating. but now it's up.

anyways... i've completely written this story now. all i have to do is post, but i don't want to finish it too quickly :)

either way, i'm taking ideas for my next story. so if you want to read a certain story, message me with a descriptive summary. if you'd like, include a certain band you're interested in. please don't name the original characters, as i will do that myself if i like the idea.

i'm open to anything so don't be shy!!!
:)