‹ Prequel: With Love, Travis

We Lost Ourselves in the Bright Lights

Chapter Three

I stumpled out of the ballroom, my phone in one hand an achocolic beverage in the other. I had drunkly texted Alex all night, not everyone's ideal way to spend their birthday but it was fine with me. Plus I get all those presents without having to talk to a bunch of people I don't even like.

It was Eleven Forty-Eight-according to AT&T, and that was not an approprite time for me to be escaping up to my hotel room-according to Kelsy. Who stopped me from walking into the hotel lobby.

"Alyx, It's your Birthday," She whined. "And on your birthday, Eleven O' clock is not the right time to be going to bed." She said crossing her arms across her chest.

"Who said I would be going to bed?" I slurred.

"Your right." She says, un-folding her arms. "You would be texting, Which is why I'm taking this away," She says pulling my phone out of my death grip.

I frown. "Kelsy!" I squeal, on the line of throwing a temper tantrum.

"No" She say frimly. "Now you go back into that party and have fun." She demands and for the second time today, she pushes me into Joel.

He pulls me into a hug and I wrap my arms around him.

"Havin' a good time yet, Al?" He says pushing back some hairs that had fallen out of my messy pony tail.

I shake my head causing more of my dirty blond hair to fall into my face.
"No, " I whisper, which was useless with the booming background music.

"Oh" He says and then for the longest time he looks down into my eyes. "How 'bout now?" And then, he leans down until our lips our milimeters apart. It seemed like the second until our lips touched lasted years.

This is bad
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah it is

p.s. Sorry if it's short