‹ Prequel: With Love, Travis

We Lost Ourselves in the Bright Lights

Chapter Five

I slapped him. My hand swung up and hit his cheek. I shoved my self away from him and yanked his arms off of me.

He stood there with his jaw dropped and his right hand was raised to his face.

"What the hell was that for?" He asks, completely oblivious to how bad this made me look.

"You wanna know what the hell that was for?" I challenge, charging him.

"Yeah I do." He says stepping closer to me.

"Okay." I yelled into his face over the popping Hot Mess in the back ground. "I slapped you for kissing me. Kelsy, is my best friend and your ex-girlfriend. How stupid are you?" I ask while shooting him death stares.

"Do you really wanna go down that road?" He says raising one of his eyebrows. "I mean really, Kelsy is obviously over me, you saw the red head lion she had wrapped around her finger."

I scoff, "It doesn't matter It's a rule. A rule you don't break, Like 'Bros before Hoes' only it's 'Chicks before Dicks' " I say and then I walk away from him.

I weave my way through the crowded dance floor, looking for Kelsy. After being stopped by many clueless people wanting to tell me happy birthday, I made my way over to the bar.

"Hey" I called to the bar tender.

His mopey head bounced up as I addressed him and he waddled over to where I stood at the end of the bar. "What can I get for ya' birthday girl?" He said while wiping off the counter of the slick bar.

I smiled at his attempt to cheer me up. "I'm looking my friend," and when his head moves up and down I know he's listening. "She has brown hair with colored highlights, has brown eyes, she's about 5'6, she's wearing a silver dress."

He no dds, "She just left"

"Thanks" I say before walking off of the ballroom and up to my room no one stopping me this time.

&&
I sat on my bed for about 30 minutes before Kelsy stump led into the room. I stood up quickly, taking in her drunken image.
Her hair was sticking up in multiple directions, some of her make had smeared and her dress was pulled higher up than it was when we left.

"Where is he!" She yelled, glaring at me.

"Who?" I asked looking around the room that only me and her stood in.

"Joel!" She yelled before hiccuping. "I saw you kissing him. I saw!" She yelled.

My eyes widened. I didn't know she saw, I was hoping that I could just tell her but this is worse.

"No. No. It wasn't like that." I say running over to her and throwing my arms around her.

"It wasn't?" She whispered into my hair.

"No" I say brushing so hair out of her face. "After about a second I remembered you and what your face would be like if you found out. Which by the way, this is so much more scarier than I pictured." I say explaining to her the situation and lighting the mood with a joke.

"Yeah I after I saw...I went to the bar... and got drunk." She says while letting out a massive fit of giggles.

"Yeah I figured. And then I remembered Alex and how I love him."

Kelsy smiled at that.

"Oh and for you, I slapped him." She gawked at me. "Yeah" I say with a proud smile on my face "Now give me my phone back." I say, sticking out my hand for her to place it in.

"Your phone?" She stuttered

"Yeah"

"Ally don't get mad but I don't have it." She said quietly.

"What! You bitch that has Alex Gaskarth's phone number in there. Whatever crazy stalker has it is not gonna give it back." I say my ears redening with anger.

"I'm sorry." Kelsy pleades.

I sigh and walk over to the foot of the bed.
I shove my feet into my heels and then return to my normal height.

"Let's go find it." I say and I walk out of the hotel room, Kelsey traveling behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
On of my favorite bands has a new cd coming out this tuesday (December 1st), so all you The Icarus Account fans go buy Love is the Answer

Click on the links, bitches!