‹ Prequel: With Love, Travis

We Lost Ourselves in the Bright Lights

Chapter Six

Quinn rolled on to her stomach to block out the light that bled in through to giant window next to her bed. She sat up and looked around with her blurry vision. She scratched the back of her head and got a weird craving for a burger.

That doesn't make any sense.

She didn't even like meat. She stretched her back and started walking toward the bathroom to see all the damage that last night had caused. She looked into the mirror and saw the same mousy girl she'd always seen staring back at her. Same bright green eyes, same dark brown hair. The only difference was the bags that ad appeared under her eyes, giving them a tired, worn look. She let out a long sigh and walked back out to grab her phone and change into her clothes. She grabbed a pair of skinny jeans and the first t-shirt she could find, then her phone and headed back to the bathroom. She pulled on her jeans and her shirt over her head, then started to try and fix her pale face. Walking out, she noticed she'd forgotten her phone. She walked back to the bathroom to get it, and saw she had about four new messages from Andrew. She collapsed on her bed and flipped up her phone to see what he said.

r u ok?

That was the gist of every single one he'd sent. She racked her brain for reasons she wouldn't be okay.

why wudnt i b ok??

She was now officially worried and confused. Awesome. She looked down at her watch, and knowing that neither Kelsy or Alyx would be up now, head down to the lobby to get food because she was starving.

--------------------------------

It was now eleven o'clock and Quinn decided it was the earliest that Kelsy or Alyx would be getting up. She thought about it and decided it would probably be better if she went to Kelsy's, just because she normally got up earlier and could run on less sleep. She made her way through the maze of a hotel, finally reaching Kelsy's room after 30 min, reaching the last white door of the hall. She knocked three times, and held Kelsy groan.

"What do you fuckers want now?" Quinn heard Kelsy's muffled voice say.

"Kel, it's Quinn."

"Oh, um, alright." She heard Kelsy get up and make her way over to the door and open it. "What the fuck are you doing up so early?"

"Dude, it's me. What do you expect?" Quinn said, taking in Kelsy whole image. Her hair stuck up everywhere, as if she'd been electrocuted, and her chocolate eyes were bloodshot, each little vain showing. She groaned again, and scratched her hair, messing it up more.

Kelsy yawned. "Can I please go back to sleep?"

"No! Let's go get breakfast and do something! Go get dressed! Today is going to be fun!" Quinn started jumping up and down.

"Kelsy, shut up!" Quinn heard Alyx say from under a couple layers of pillows. "Arg! You too, Quinn."

"But let's go do something!" Quinn said hopefully.

"No, Jesus, not now! You're acting really weird. Since when did you ever want to do stuff in the morning? Geez, I know it's only been like a day since you did it with Andrew but seriously. Something about it messed you up. I don't know if you're preg or not or something else weird, I really have no idea." She rubbed her eyes and shut the door.

"What a bitch," Quinn muttered.

"I head that!"

Quinn chuckled to herself and walked back down the hall she'd just came down before she'd talked to Kelsy. She stepped into the empty elevator and felt her phone vibrate. She pulled her phone out of her jean pocket and saw she had a text form Andrew.

it's nothing

seriously?

yeah dont worry about it


She left it at that and got off at the lobby level, looking for food.
♠ ♠ ♠
omg anyone who lives in florida shud go to the icarus account's cd release party! its from like 8-10 at 115 S Florida ave lakeland, FL 33801. Theyre an amazing band and they gave me free hugs... and they signed my shoes! like travis and alex and zack and jack and rian... but its not about them... its about the icarus account! so go c them! or buy their album or something! theyre cool!