Status: Hiatus. A short one I hope.

Fantasies

beating like a hammer

Kaelyn shivered as she walked to one of the benches placed around the courtyard. She sat down and buttoned up her coat after she tightened the light green scarf around her neck. Taking out her iPod and one of her favorite books Kaelyn got as comfortable as she could on the cold, metal bench.

After trying to read for over ten minutes she gave up and decided that she would just catch the bus, instead of waiting for Carol to pick her up. She stood up and was in the process of putting her things in her bag when she noticed that it was starting to snow.

Wonderful, she thought to herself. She'd always liked snow, but only when she was prepared for it. She meant to look at the weather reports before she left her apartment, which of course she forgot to do. She stared up at the sky watching the little flakes of ice fall, and couldn't help smiling. Kaelyn hadn't realized that she was moving until someone walked right into her.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" she found herself saying to the stranger. She looked over to see that a boy around her age was standing there staring at her. "I'm sorry, it's my fault. I didn't notice, I"m sorry." She couldn't seem to stop herself from babbling, over and over she told him how sorry she was. She saw him nod is head and noticed a small smile on his face, but he didn't say anything.

After standing there for a while, Kaelyn was beyond embarrassed and she wasn't even sure why. Glancing up at his face again, she just now noticed how much taller he was than her. Trying to hide her blush she mumbled another apology and tried to get her mouth to say that she had a bus to catch. She wasn't sure if it all came out right, but she hoped so. She smiled politely at him and quickly walked away.

Image

Sierra was watching the girl make her way across the icy concrete when he noticed something small on the bench she was just sitting on. Picking it up he realized it was her iPod. Wishing he could yell to get her attention from across the courtyard, he frowned and began trying to catch up with her.

After a few minutes of following her Sierra realized that he couldn't see her anymore, she had gotten lost in the ocean of students. When he made it to the bus stop he saw that she wasn't there either. Deciding to wait for the next bus he sat on the cold, metal bench - much like the ones on campus - and stared at the very scratched and dented, bright green Nano iPod.

Turning it on he started to scroll through the Artists. Some names he recognized, while others he didn't have clue as to who they could be. After reading most of them He concluded that she listened to a very broad span of artists, from all different genres. Part of him wished he could listen to it. Clicking to Contacts he saw that she had one that read, IF FOUND, selecting it, her name and address came up. He smiled.

"Kaelyn," he whispered.

Image

She sighed as she walked into her empty apartment, dropping her bag and scarf on the couch. She strolled into her kitchen and grabbed an apple out of the basket kept on the counter by the coffee machine. On the fridge she saw a sticky note from Carol. "K, I'm sorry I couldn't call you. I had to change my flight and my phone was dying and just blah. I'll call you and explain everything when I get to my parents. Sorry babe. Love, C.C."

Opening the fridge Kaelyn took out a bottle of water and then proceeded to her bedroom. Glancing around she noticed it needed to be cleaned, but decided she'd attack that feat after she took a shower. Walking over to her desk she picked up the iPod dock she used to play her music, grabbed a clean shirt, and her cream lounge-slash-pajama-slash-workout pants.

Once she had everything she needed she went to the hallway bathroom and hung up towels along with her change of clothes. Turning on the bathtub faucet she then started searching for a razor. When the water was warm enough she turned to her iPod dock and realized she didn't have her iPod. "Wonderful," she groaned as she remember she didn't put it back in her bag. Deciding that she's take a shower without it, she turned off the machine and undressed.

Image

He couldn't believe he was doing this, but he was, he was taking a bus to her apartment. He sat in the back of a dirty, smelly public bus to go the opposite way of his parents house, to give a girl her iPod. What he was doing was not something he'd normally do. Normally, he just give the iPod to the lost and found and be done with it. But for some reason, this girl's face stuck with him. It was like she was almost haunting him.

Every time he thought about just forgetting about returning the iPod he'd see her bright face in his mind's eye. How her hair floated in the wind, how her lips moved while she talked. He couldn't do it. He couldn't. For some reason he felt that he had to personally give it to her. Sierra didn't know if he liked the emotions he was feeling. He felt, need. He needed to see her. He felt a connection with this girl he hadn't even really met, a connection he had never felt with someone before. And as much as it was exciting, it was so terrifying at the same time.

When he arrived at the building her apartment was in, his heart was beating so fast. And for the first time in his life, he wished he could hear it. Walking into the elevator he pressed the button numbered two and closed his eyes. Ever since he was little he enjoyed riding in elevators, he remembered the first time he was in one. He got upset with his mother because she wouldn't let him ride it to the top of the ten-story building they were in.

Sierra walked up to her door and knocked, though it took him a few seconds to calm himself down to bring enough courage to. He had no clue what he was doing. Coming to her apartment like this. She was probably going to think that he was crazy. Maybe I am crazy, he whispered to himself. After waiting for a couple minutes Sierra was going to knock again, but right as he brought his hand up, she answered the door.

There she was, in nothing but a towel. Sierra swallowed the excess saliva in his mouth.
♠ ♠ ♠
"Did they tell you, you should grow up, when you wanted to dream."

Okay, so yeah I don't like this chapter very much.
But whatever, I know that this story is most likely
if not definitely going to be predictable.
At least some of it, not all of it, thank God.
Remember that this story is not going to be very long.
And it's called Fantasies for a reason.
And I am going to shut up now.

Comment?