Status: hiatus

A Dragon's True Nature

Kanashii in Pain

"Ugh! This can't be happening!" Kanashii shouts as she grips her head in absolute pain.

"What's wrong, Kanashii?" Her father asks, sounding absolutely worried.

"I feel like my head's going to explode!" Kanashii shouts. A nurse comes in, and puts a wet towel on Kanashii's head.

"What's happening to her?" Kanashii's father demands.

"I'm.....not sure. Her symptoms don't register to any disease I've ever treated." The nurse says, sounding flabbergasted.

"So what are we going to do?" Her father demands.

"There's nothing we CAN do. I'm sorry, but there's no cure if we don't even know what the disease is!" The nurse says.

"So you're just going to let her die!" Her father shouts.

"I'm saying we watch and see what's going to happen." The nurse says, sighing. Her father sits on it for a couple minutes, until Kanashii completely sits up, and screeches in pain.

*Please forgive me, Kanashii* Her father mentally pleads as he nods to the nurse, and walks out of the room.

"Nothing better happen to her." He says in a deadly serious voice. The nurse bows.

"Understood." He says. When the door shuts, a very evil grin appears on his face, and he pulls a strange band type thing out of his pocket. "And now...my young friend." He says as he grasps Kanashii's wrist, and pulls it away from her head. He puts the band on her wrist, and holds it there until it has contact with Kanashii's skin. "Almost done." The nurse mutters. With one more rise of steam, the steam stops raising. He takes the bracelet off, revealing a black tattoo type mark where the bracelet had sat. "Done." He says as he smiles, and turns toward the door, and leaves. When he closes the door behind him, he is face-to-face with her father.

"How is she?" He asks.

"She'll live, but I'd suggest letting her sleep until she decides to come out herself." The nurse says, wiping his head free of sweat.

"Why would that be?" Her father questions.

"So that she can sleep enough to heal whatever has ailled her." The nurse explains.

"I'll trust your judgement. Although I doubt it will take long. She tends to heal fast." Her father says, smiling fondly. The nurse smiles back.

"I'll be in touch." He says as he walks out of the house.

"Please get will fast, Kanashii." Her father says ass he goes into his office.

A week passes, and Kanashii's slowly sitting up, holding her head.

*Boy, my head hurts.* Kanashii mentally slurs. She opens her eyes, and is surprised to see a black mark on her wrist.

"And what would this be?" She questions. She shrugs her shoulders, and walks toward her dresser. She opens a drawer, and pulls out a pair of long, black gloves. She slips them on, and sighs.
♠ ♠ ♠
The first chapter to my dragon story.
Peace!!
KcA